Reviews for Compelled to Play by New Rules
EagleJarl chapter 32 . 1/24/2014
Comments are pretty much the same as last time - this is a fun read, but it's hurt by the fact that there's no worthwhile opposition. The girls and Illyria blow through every obstacle with simple force. No need for thinking, or subtlety, or strategy... just blow stuff up and shoot it in the face. Some things you could do that would improve the story a lot:

- Have the Senior Partners start fighting the team directly and put them on the ropes. Don't let Illyria save the day - have the SPs keep her busy at point A while the crew fights for their lives against minions (well armed with either firearms or magic) over at point B.

- Have Wolfram and Hart start fomenting trouble that runs the team ragged.

- Have Glory (aka "Goddess Not Appearing In This Story") start causing quiet trouble by setting people against each other with "innocent" comments.

- Have Glory break free while Illyria is off somewhere, kick the crap out of the main team, and then run for it. She could even start playing hit-and-run herself; every time Illyria leaves, she comes back, whacks a few Slayers, and runs off again. It would keep Illyria pinned down and prevent her from being the "auto-win button".

Despite the objections, I'm still looking forward to reading the next.
EagleJarl chapter 18 . 1/24/2014
"...and the redhead was stood behind him" This should be either: "the redhead stood behind him" or "the redhead was standing".

It's a fun story, and I loved the cameo from Fred's parents, but we're 18 chapters in and there's no real opposition. Good guys need villains as or more powerful than themselves, or it's too easy. And "too easy" is just a typo for "dull."
tenchifew chapter 32 . 6/12/2013
Amazing.
Loved it and laughed with it.
thank you for sharing tis amazing tale.
Zealot of Reading chapter 32 . 4/9/2013
Great story!
Zelara chapter 23 . 1/28/2013
'You mean like for two vampires?' Illyria asked wryly. 'If you knock me up I'll make you marry me' she joked. Physiologically it really was impossible, she just didn't have the right internals to conceive or carry a child that way.

Actually, from what I understand, she is in fact capable of reproducing with humans. Only during a certain 'breeding' period, but still. I think her, uh, 'time', would be a couple of years from now though.
sarlovesoccer chapter 32 . 1/19/2011
Very, very wonderful, I can't wait to read the sequal!:D:D:D:D:D
Violet Shadows chapter 32 . 8/30/2010
This is my third time reading through this fic, and I've got to say, it's just as good as the first.
reader1writer1 chapter 32 . 8/2/2010
I'm really enjoying Ilyria's perspective here, and the various other developing characters. I like how you've provided more insight into the group dynamic. Great series.
TheRedPoet chapter 32 . 3/31/2010
Second story finished and a whole lot of sleep lost for this night. Anyhow. Your writing style is amusing and the few new characters brought in have been done well enough.

It's by no means a masterpiece, but I gotta admit, your vision is pretty fucking impressive. ;)
TheRedPoet chapter 28 . 3/31/2010
That part with Dana was simply adorable. I do hope there's more mention of Faith's interaction with her, it's a rather intersting situation from a psychological point of view.
TheRedPoet chapter 22 . 3/31/2010
Seeing as vampires have no souls and thus no conscience, whereas demons in general seem to vary more, I do not see why they spared any vampires.
Pylea chapter 20 . 5/19/2009
BAD ANGEL! Buffy deserves you, maybe he shuld discuss with buffy what she deserves and get off this normal kick, her life will never be normal and oh yeah there's that whole going to be HUMAN one day thing to consider! And how long till Faith hooks up with Spike they would be hot together!
80sUnLoveChild chapter 9 . 5/19/2009
Loving this fic but one little error. Buffy has faced a full blooded demon- the mayor giant snake thing as she liked to call it.
ashes at midnight chapter 32 . 2/13/2009
yay! spikes finally corporeal again! but i'm annoyed we havent seen dru yet :(
ashes at midnight chapter 28 . 2/13/2009
i still like puppet angel better :) but faith is better then any of the others :)