Reviews for The Protector
1sunfun chapter 62 . 7/22
A really nice Story.
1sunfun
elle.brodie chapter 22 . 7/21
I'm sorry but what a loser! She's turned her back on her friends Dorme and happy to dismiss someone because they care for the welfare and safety of her children. I know she wants to get her family back together but you can't ignore those who have sacrificed years to take care of you and your family and then be angry when theyhave 'negative' feelings towards the person who made certain choices shall we say?
AI chapter 62 . 6/29
Hmm... To reply to the author profile. I have no problem with Anakin Padme relationship. I delight in their romance and I am all for them cherishing Luke and Leia.

But the fact that yes, Anakin loves his family, does not invalidate his numerous crimes of being MASS MURDERER AND CHILD KILLER. Obiwan was justified in his actions on Mustafar. The family members willingly closing their eyes to Anakins bloodshed, plus subsequent Obiwan hate, is why I give this story two thumbs down.
AI chapter 62 . 6/29
I stuck this story out to the end, so sure that the illogical and unjustified Obiwan bashing would end somewhere. Or the equally irrational Anakin apologists excuses. Never have I been so wrong. I've showed this story to my Star Wars friends and they were convinced it's a dark parody humor. I can't convince them it's supposed to be serious because of the character assassination and lack of logical thinking. Out Of Character is putting it lightly.

All I have to say is, the author and any fans of this story must subscribe to the view that stopping family members, even if they were mass murderers and torturers, is never justified. Which is a psychopathic point of view.
I can't read anymore, this story is so pandering. Just another example of poorly executed story writing and no comprehension of the complexities of relationships or of personal character. I've read plenty of stories of Padme surviving past ROTS and Anakans early redemption. But this really takes the cake as the worst, and you apparently had enough of this cake to write on for 62 chapters.
Vader has done nothing to gain enough of Padmes faith that it was safe to trust him with herself or the children. Padme loves Anakan, but she would take more caution and thought to how she would approach Vader. skimming chapters ahead I learned she doesn't care Anakan killed defenseless younglings and you write Oni-wan as if he is as responsible for Anakans downfall as Sidious!

Had nothing either of those two character proclaimed to a misguided Anakan on Mustafar mean anything? Both were hurt by Anakan, Padme told Obi-wan good still resides in Anakan, for she had faith in Anakins better character can return, like Luke did in the original trilogy. But you forget Padme told Anakin his actions broke her heart and she could not follow him down that path. She would of put more thought befor confrounting Vader.

How can your heart not sympathies with Obi-wan who is so distraught that the slaughter inside the Jedi temple was done by Anakan. A man he mentored for a decade, saw As his brother, the chosen one to bring balance, but he turned to the sith. Obi-wan lost so much that day as well, and you don't think Padme would be able to see kindred pain on Anakins downfall. They may of had different options, but she wouldn't think Obi-wan was heartless.

And you think Padme learning what continued cruelty he has inflicted on the Galaxy, hunting down remaining Jedi, killing rebels, or his cruelty to those who work under his command, she would choose to go to him willy-nilly with both children on faith alone. You do remember Padme was smart right, you don't get elected Queen at 14, and a senate for acting without reason or planning.

But as I said PANDERING Vader just already anti-emperor and the twins are just already comforted by his presences.

Just honestly no consideration of the actual complexities that would of surfaced had Padme lived and confronted Vader. Just overindulgence, that can only be manifested, and liked by those inexperienced in heartbreak or betrail by the people you loved and trusted.
Nice AU. But it is not realistic enough. And the resentment Anakin has for Obi-wan seems unjustified. He is the one who trun to the dark side in the furst place, killing numerous younglings. How can Anakin and Padme make Obi-wan the one responsible and in the wrong? I love fanfic about the redemption of Darth Vader and this is kinda heart-warming.
AnakinPadmeSkywalker chapter 62 . 4/15
This was a great story! Thanks for this AU.
ElaborateWishes chapter 62 . 4/15
This in particular seemed very straight to the action and did not allow Vader enough time to redeem himself. He did not act like Vader, and although I do love Anakin, it just seems as though his redemption would take a longer period of time. I did like the story however :) I just feel that this is not your best work. If I may ask, were you planning on sequels for this while you were writing it or were they an afterthought? Just to see why this one is quite different from your other Vader Redemption stories. I honestly cannot get enough of your writing. I applaud you. :)
AnakinPadmeSkywalker chapter 24 . 4/14
I knew Dorme had the hots for Obi-Wan! They always make such a good fanfic couple.
AnakinPadmeSkywalker chapter 21 . 4/14
They are so cute together. So perfect for each other.
AnakinPadmeSkywalker chapter 15 . 4/14
Aw. They are so perfect for each other! God willing Obi Wan shouldn't come and screw this up.
Brievel chapter 62 . 3/27
I. Loved. This story. So warm and fuzzy...
Brievel chapter 52 . 3/27
I *did* lose it when Leia said that. xD
Brievel chapter 7 . 3/26
Awwww, this chapter was so precious! (And it also appealed to my sense of the ridiculous, to some degree. Darth Vader carrying a yellow-and-blue teddy bear...)
shel chapter 1 . 2/21
I love your writing, and I think this is your best that I've read so far. It is so beautiful and heartwarming and practically perfect. Thank you for writing and posting it!
1,221 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »