Reviews for Lifeline
roqueclasique chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
wow, i just stumbled across this, and it's great. so beautifully written, very poignant.

how come you don't write more, huh?

*pokes you*
Twinchy chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
Wonderful, tender story with beautiful descriptions. Your setting worked brilliantly with the given situation, the explanations and characterizations.

I have to admit, I swallowed as thickly as Dean (and Sam) when the older Winchester fetched the medical insurance card from his brother's purse. Reading the name, no wonder it threw them heavily.

Even though I thought Dr Spalding was a bit too enthusiastically talking with Dean about the surgery, it kind of fitted nonetheless because he probably wanted to remind the young man of how important yet marvelously easy the procedure was, and that Sam would be back to normal quite soon.

Too bad, the older brother drew the short straw in the bar fight. It's a good thing though, the locals didn't rob his own personal belongings too or worked him over in their frustration of getting hussled - beyond clocking him, that is. Without back-up, things could have been much worse; Dean is most likely quite aware of that fact. You captured that very well in your sentence "It doesn't matter how good you are at hand-to-hand combat, Dean's reach isn't as long as a pool cue".

Talking of which and knowing the infamous Winchester luck, Sam did really kind of seal his brother's fate by saying "Just don't do anything stupid." before heading of to hospital.

The only thing I feel a bit uneasy about, is the scene in the motel room in the beginning, when you wrote "They aren't shy around each other but they each tend to seek more privacy when [...]". Whereas I certainly agree with you about the fact that the brothers aren't squeemish per se in that respect, I surely would expect them taking their clothes and changing in the bathroom as for usual.

Great tag to "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things". Entertaining and well written.
bhoney chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
This was a beautiful description: "They're on a lonely stretch of highway, dark and fathomless as the ocean, nothing to illuminate the night except for the pale yellow glow of the Impala's headlights, obstinately pushing back against the void."

And I loved this: "The only thing I know that I do get to choose - is you. I get to choose you." Sam's voice fades to a sleepy murmur. "To stick around and worry about you and be a pain in your ass. You can't ask me not to worry. It doesn't work that way."

Great fic, very well-written. I loved the end.
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
Awesome tag.

Sam conjugating Latin cracked me up far more than it had a right to. Double awesome. :)

Loved the brothers in this - their relationship was spot on.

Great job with the medical stuff too; completely believable without ever sounding like a textbook.

This is one of those moments I wish we could have seen played out on screen.

Wonderful work.

Sculls
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
AW hun

such a sweet fic!

love the way how you extended Sam's broken hand! YYAYY

loved Dean's brotherly moments too

it just fit in so perfect!

ya nailed it love!

thanks for the brill fic
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
Nice job. I think you did an amazing job tapping into their fragile psyche's after that episode. Both on edge, both trying to deal with their own pain without putting an extra burden on the other. Both needing some kind of relief and not knowing how to get it. My heart is still thumping hard in my chest. I felt panic for Dean when he realized that Sam was in surgery and he hadn't been there to cajole and support him through it. I loved the end too. Just in that quiet conversation in the dark, it seems that they are starting to breathe again. Sam letting himself worry about Dean and feeling relief that Dean is still there taking care of him, and Dean realizing that Sam needs the protection and love that he needs to give. Time. Time and each other will get them through it. Very well done.
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
Awesome oneshot. I can just picture the look on Dean's face when that nurse told him that Sam was in surgery since Dean thought it was just a simple sprain!
Rat chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
Great story. I love how subtle it was.
Kaewi chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
This is really nice. Very sombre tone, and very fitting. I really enjoyed reading it!
Annonie chapter 1 . 9/25/2007
Great Story! I love that Sam conjugates latin when he's high!
stranded chess piece chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
I just came across this story- I love searching back through months of all the fics posted here and finding one that grabs at something within me. I really love this fic. I love the imagery and the way you've painted both brothers. I normally don't find many Dean-centric fics I like, but this was perfect. You've got a great writing style and it flows along nicely. Great work here :)
Lisa Paris chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
So well written. Both Dean and Sam - but I loved the sharp little Dean observations. I liked it when Sam recited the Latin, and of course, Dean's response. The ending was a real killer. And maybe that would be enough . . .
may7fic chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
Just a wonderful tag. So true to the brothers and so very well written.
Colby's girl chapter 1 . 1/26/2007
Great tag to CSPWDT, thanks.
irishgirl9 chapter 1 . 12/30/2006