Reviews for Lifeline
Nilah chapter 1 . 12/8/2006
Well done, I enjoyed reading this.

Nilah.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 11/15/2006
I have read different tags for this episode. Yours was well written.

I loved your descriptions of the brothers, the details, Dean just driving and the ending of your story at the motel. Not many conversations between the brothers, it was like we were just watching the different scenes that appeared before us.

I can understand Dean not wanting to enter the ER. Though by dropping Sam off, it did show he knew his brother and him would be OK apart.

Though Dean hustling pool and than losing the fight afterwards was not part of the plan.

Sam would be trying not to worry or stress Dean, thinking he was having fun, not knocked out in an alley, so it is possible he wouldn't tell Dean about the surgery until it was over. Wonder if he would of told Dean if they had met back at the motel. I'm not sure Sam would of been able to hide it from Dean face to face, the brothers seem to know if one is lying or not. Dean would of been worried about any surgery.

I really enjoyed the ending when the brothers were back at the motel.

My favorite lines of Sam's were "The only thing I know that I do get to choose - is you. I get to choose you."

Than Dean thinking - "he has Sam. And Sam needs him. And he needs Sam."

Thank you for sharing your story with us.
Wolf Maid chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
Wow. Just...wow. This was so...intense. I was reading it and could feel this...weight on my chest, and it just pulled me in and I was just captivated. This is such a powerful piece...absolutely amazing. I loved it! I just...I absolutely loved it! Thank you for posting this.
Evergreene chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
Lovely. Beautifully written, and that last past just turned me into a pile of goo.
friendly chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
that was really good. I can't believe Dean just left him at the hospital.. I think you should do at least one more chapter...
Liz Bach chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
I don't usually read stuff that's Dean-centric, but I stumbled across this story on someone's favorites list, and as I read, I really liked it. And then I came to this part:

Sam sighs. "Hunting ... or college ... with the demon and the visions, Dean, I don't know how much control I really have over my future." Dean's heart clenches for a moment but before he can think straight again, Sam is rushing on. "The only thing I know that I do get to choose - is you. I get to choose you."

And it just about broke my heart and compelled me to review. You did a great job with this story; angst thick enough to cut with a knife, but without descending into smarm in the least. Every moment in character. Loved it. :)

Liz
Onari chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
Wow, thanks so much for this excellent story! I loved it.

xx
SilverStorm06 chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
Good story, I liked it. :D
faith-in-Faith chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
Wonderful story! with great emotions! You almost made me cry at the end!
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
Awesome job. Catch ya on the flip side.
Carikube chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
This story has such an honest and real feel to it that it settles into my heart and makes itself right at home. The emotion is right on tack, the characterisations are perfect. It's not overly done or overtly angsty, it's a gentle application of all the things that make those boys who they are.

That the brother separate, that Dean can't go into the hospital with Sam but that both men know that it's nothing to do with the other, but about the grief that neither can truly express, is beautifully portrayed.

Sam's never in any real danger, and Dean had not abandoned him, yet there is a very real sense of fear when Dean learns that it's not just a simple sprain, or an easy break that can be casted. But he did not over-react, and he did not fall into a pity party guilt fest, he did what he did and trusted that Sam did the same. They're adults, and you've granted them that.

I particularly like that you haven't reverted to insincere banter, the dialogue is easy and sincere. Giving only as much away as they dare to give, but underlaid with so much more.

Sam's gentle admission that he will always worry about Dean is one that makes my throat close up with emotion. Such a quiet ending, but it says so very much.

This is now my favorite CPWDT tag. I've read a few, but this eclipses them all. Well done! I hope to see more fics from you in the SN fandom, you have a beautifully poetic style.
EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
That was a great addition to the episode. I like how Sam conjugated his worry for Dean... I hope you write more SN!

Thanks for the story and I'm looking forward to more,

Kelly
KatieLB chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
good job... I could read tag scenes all day if you let me lol good job
Starliteyes17 chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
I've read a few fics about Sam getting his hand fixed, but this has to be the best. You capture a lot of the themes of the second season without going overboard on any of them. Sam not trying to make a big deal of his hand, Dean going out for a night, and the Latin conjugating - it all fits very well and could easily have been in the show.

Great work, I loved it!
bally2cute chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
Wonderful! You added logic to what was missing, great characterization, and I like your word choice. I like the poetic feel to the first line. I liked everything about this. Sam would Dean anything to give his brother a little peace of mind. Good stuff!
51 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »