Reviews for Reading
Frakking Toasters chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
I love this. xo
Louey06 chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
This was good. i can definitely see this as being true. Sam is more of the loner type isn't he?
ccase13 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Sam read right into a full scholarship to Stanford!
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
I enjoyed this:-) Very accurate portrayal of the guys. It makes sense that Sam would be a still, quiet child whilst Dean would definitely be the noisy, active one. I liked the way you contrasted them. The last line felt a little bit abrupt, but otherwise this was really good:-)
Ziggimaguagua chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Sweet _ kind of... sad, too. Very nicely describing ("no, no, no" xD Dean! So sweet!)

I can just see Little-Dean try and sit still long enough to read a whole book, and then give up figuring out why Sammy's so into it because it's boring... poor boy.

This is really good!
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
Great story! Sam sounds like me at that age! :)
CaptainSammish chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
I like this. Sam as stillness and Dean as motion - I never thought of it that way. Very poetic!
meek-bookworm chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
I really love the line about the collection of library cards surpassing the cache of fake ids. It's strange to think as a kid Sammy was the less demanding one- that certainly seemed to have changed with time. Thanks for writing!
NC Girl chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
I have to admit that I just "discovered" you thanks to a note in one of geminigrl11's stories. I figured that anyone who was praised that much by another writer is definitely worth checking out. :) And I'm so glad I did! Although this is the first story I've read so far, I REALLY enjoyed it. I'm a big fan of "snapshots-of-life" stories in general, and this painted a unique and slightly humorous picture of a young Sam that just seemed so fitting. It also portrayed Dean in a way that was so natural! I think my favorite line is this: "At 4, he was disappointed when the baby brother he’d been so excited about turned out not to be a ready-made partner in crime." It says so much! :) I'm off to read more!
MeShelly chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
Oh, I really liked this one. :)

A deep observation of a difference between Sam and Dean, from John's POV. Aside from showing that he is paying attention to his kids (and the zombie comment-ha), I liked how you've also captured his father-side. "John was probably sadder to see the toys go than anyone." And that sort of awe in his tone, when he thought about Sam's good grades. :sniff:

I think you've gotten great descriptions of Sam and Dean, but I like how you didn't just leave it at that, and included that Sam was an active child-when following Dean around. But that Dean couldn't follow him in the same way. It's so sad...especially since it kind of suggests that maybe Sam can't really follow Dean either, at least not for long. For all that they're tight-knit, they're fundamentally *different*. "And Dean didn't do solitary."

I just love the description of Dean trying to turn reading into a shared activity. It can be, but not only one of the people involved wants it to be. Which is what makes it so tragic.

A very bittersweet piece. Thank you for sharing.

~Michelle
Victoria Wolf chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
I think that that's really good.

Damn you're an awsome writer!
KnightGuardian chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
I loved this. Its almost like you stepped into the Winchester world and took a peek at the boys growing up and decided to write it...

It was perfect.
Moonfairyhime chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
I loved it... Great look into the boys' history.
noname32 chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
good job
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
Great job. I love it. Catch ya on the flip side.