Reviews for Snapshots
tiny-pixie chapter 1 . 9/21/2007
i loved it..i really liked how u started off with Loagn's birth and his mom and dad betting that his eyes would be stunningly blue..even included the locket..geez and the ending is exactly how i wished it would be *smiles* great work!
PlayKate chapter 1 . 11/30/2006
Very nice.
Sossoca chapter 1 . 11/15/2006
Loved it! A sequence would be nice. :)
Insane Troll Logic chapter 1 . 11/15/2006
I meant to review this ages ago, but I kept forgetting. My bad. I love this story. The ten year time jumps was a fantastic idea, the bites of stories provide brilliant glimpses into Logan's character and how he changed. Each jump definitely has a different version of Logan but all seem perfectly in character.

(and hey you made me realize that Logan's b-day is only five months before mine. He'd be in my grade at school. That makes me very giggly)
Mari83 chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
I always love back-stories on Logan and this is such a great idea and an interesting and fascinating mix of scenes of his life. Love the strong contrast between the happy parts first, then Logan’s loneliness since the death of his parents (letting us assume that there are no close friends with whom he might celebrate the beginning of his 30th birthday), and then again the overall content in the last bit.

“And my son isn’t going to have just run-of-the-mill blue eyes...”

Prophetic abilities, hm?

“I swear I’ll deck anyone who calls him ‘Junior,’” Robert Logan Cale, Senior, growled.

Great detail! Now I wonder whether he really had to tell people off for calling Logan ‘Junior’, if he had to do so with his brother and if Jonas did it later on to stick it to Logan, or just unthinkingly. (Overactive fantasy, I know:-p)

"In those first moments, Logan was panic stricken – go for help?"

Oh, I know this situation. Even less funny if it is one’s brother, crying like a siren.

"Logan looked into his father’s grey eyes and saw that his father really cared whether he was enjoying himself – and for the first time in his life knew, without a doubt, that if his dad could be home more often, to be with him and his mom more often, he would be."

One of my favourites in this. It’s very telling that Logan only knows at this age, maybe explains his remarks about his father in S1.

“the one with the wide, dark eyes.”

Made me think of Max.

“He was in the mood to be alone, and was actually relieved when she stayed behind to study after all.

He’d found that he liked the solitude of traveling in new, foreign places where no one knew him, no one had expectations or demands, where he could think and write and observe people in all manner of cultures and backdrops”

“he felt the contradiction pulling at him but had no idea what to make of it.”

My absolute favourite is this one, Logan travelling alone and the fascinating explanation if offers to how he become the person we see in S1. Totally love it as one of his defining moments (or probably rather weeks?) when he thinks about what he wants to do with his live – it even answers my ‘Why EO’-question a bit even though it’s probably way to early.

“What would Mom and Dad think, if they knew about all this? About Eyes Only? It was pretty clear what Aunt Margo would think, and he’d even heard Uncle Jonas rant on about “that menace” on TV ... but he always believed his parents would have understood, and held a deep-seated hope that they might even be proud...“

Another great part, good to see that Logan at least can be sure of is parent's approval. Also great how it fits the first skiing-scene when Logan discovers what his father thinks of him.

“The air was getting thinner.”

How deceiving, after the two alpine-parts I was expecting to see him up on Mont Blanc or something like that!

„Breakfast...?” he teased, looking past them to see the fuzzy form of Max leaning in the doorway. “Is it formal? Should I change?”

Oh, love it (and now have the image of Logan sitting on the bed in a tuxedo in my head:-)

What a perfect happy ending – and a perfectly closed story with Logan’s birth and him becoming a father himself! (But not so closed to not leave room for a sequel, hint, hint:-)
BlueAngel137 chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
It's such a sweet story. The snapshots into Logan's youth were really beautiful, and I especially loved the skiing reference :) and the father/son relationship you created. I liked the homey and comfortable atmosphere at Logan's 40th birthday with Bennett's daughters and Max around. Nice birthday present :)! THANKS.
Maria656 chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
LOVED IT-esp 2028's present!

any chance of a sequel?
Me chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
AAW! so sweet! How you keep churning these out will always amaze Me! thank you!
RT4ever chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
Aw damn I'm a sap.

That was so good and so sweet.

I'm so glad you wrote a bday story, you did absolutely excellent with it.
stineblicher chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
Wonderful, wonderful vignettes! The progression from Logan as a child to him as a young man about to discover his "vocation" as Eyes Only, to his life as Eyes and then to the last, very sweet scene, is amazing. I would love to read more of these. How about writing vignettes for 2003, 2013 and 2023?
annie200 chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
That was sweet..and i always love glimpses into Logan's background. I'm sure we would have got more if Fox hadn't intervened so thanks for filling in the blanks!
moms5thchild chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
Fluffy sweet shippy goodness. You always come up with the best stories. Can't wait for another Baby Cale story... i love them so.

AND, again, your writing is tight and your descriptions very well written. I could feel the cramped confinment of the floor as much as the tumbling of the twins. You have show, don't tell all figured out. Can't wait for birthday number fifty.

Mom