Reviews for Halflight
cinnamon-wolf-pup chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
This was really amazing, I loved it a lot.
cereajeb chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
oh my...that was perfection. you handled this with such eloquence and've done a lot to restore my faith in this site, with just one chapter :)

as one reviewer mentioned, the use of the near homonyms was genius, as was the idea of the equation, and how you used it to show the passage of time. also, this had the perfect amount of 'vagueness'; i felt like i had to really concentrate on the words to grasp the situation (definitely a good thing when handled the right way).

superb job, and kudos!
SiriusLovesRent chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
that was so amazing. beautifully written, and i have to agree with a past review and say that it is Collins-esque logic. tye way you captured the friendship between collins and roger was beautifully done. the wording was perfect and i really think that your comparison to the algebra problem was fantastic. the metaphors and the thing at the beginning with collins and the shower was great. and then you mentioning it at the end was just perfect.

this was so professionally done and collins/roger really isn't done enough. its my absolute favorite and its fics like these that remind me why i do adore it so much.

yeah, Jonathan would be proud
ronnocc chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
This absolutely deserves more reviews than all the reviews written on combined.

Word choice, sentence structure, plot-everything was absolutely perfect. I don't know any other words to describe it.

It was very Collins-type logic, and everything flowed so smoothly. I love how you relate Collins and Roger, because I never really realized how much they had in common. (In terms of Angel and Mimi, dealing with disease, etc.)

I really want to leave a longer review, but I am so blown away and so dumbfounded by this piece that I can barely type. I surrender all thoughts to you. You are a genius.

Mr. Larson would be proud.
aspirer chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
so excellent! just amazing - i love it how the structure of time isn't exactly clear, and all the little scenarios you had them in. fantastic.
EloraCooper4 chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
Wow. Alliteration is your it should be. And beautiful constructed sentences and meaningful words. Lord...I'm not shy to say that this may be the best written piece of fanfiction I have ever read. I felt like I was reading a masterpiece. The way that you was just amazing. And you managed to capture Collins and Roger's friendship in a different way. I love love love it. *faves* Amazing work.
UnnamedElement chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
My computer just destroyed the review I previously wrote before I had time to paste it, so a bit of the eloquency was lost. . . Anyway.

This was absolutely beautiful and professionally written, not a "sold-out" professionally written but a "I know what I'm doing" professionally written. Vocabulary and word choice are obviously not problems for you. I particularly appreciated, in Section 4, the use of near homonyms to decribe situations and characters.

The idea of using an algebraic (sp?) equation to represent a life is not something I would have thought of. However, it is most definately something Collins might have related to. Underneath all that anarchy, there's order in a math problem. The last section (in which Roger realises that the songs that make people fall in love are in musicals and Collins knows that authority is necessary, etc.) was very moving and linguistically satisfying.

Overall, simply a amazingly fantastic piece of work. Keep up the awesome job. :)

Defy Gravity-