Reviews for Custom Robo Activation
AlxkendBlader chapter 3 . 3/27/2010
If I were you, I'd update this story!
RPMercenary chapter 3 . 3/20/2008
Good story, it is very evident that you put plenty of effort and thought into it. It hasn't quite been a year since the last update, so is it possible to have this continued? Just a nitpicky detail, but gramatically when the speaker changes, you start a new paragraph.

Now into the content. The difficult part of using pre-existing characters is getting their personalities and power right (I'll wait for a real romance fic to give my criticism about Marcia in a relationship. I'll let you go on that one). You have to realize: Rahu is the most powerful being the world has seen. The way you described the first battle with him, it sounded like he just sat in one place for the most part, absorbed the massive damage he took, and unleashed powerful attacks that would be devastating if they hit. You are right about his power in that regard, but that is not all Rahu is. He is agile, can cover disance quickly, and practically spams all of his abilities relentlessly. He is also too powerful to have to dive out of a fight and go running, but I don't even know if that is possible. The battle could have been made to look a bit more difficult for the 3 protagonists, because realistically, the 3rd Rahu battle in the game would be incredibly hard for the commanders, even though it was a three on one fight.

Another thing I feel strongly about is the use of the Ray Legend. I've said it in a previous review, I know that the Ray Warrior and Ray Legend are powerful Robos and they become addictive when you try them out the first time, but when incorporating them into a fanfic, you have to remember that they are ILLEGAL, by every definition of the word. It's not like this in the game, but realistically, commanders that operate within legal boundaries are not permitted to use, or even own an illegal Robo or weapon for the simple fact that they are dangerous. For this reason, it is not a very realistic present to give to a 10-year-old.

But hey, the only criticism I can give relates to keeping with the game as it would be were it set in realistic conditions. Using pre-existing characters, as I've said, is hard to do, so don't worry about it. This story is very worth continuing.

Oh, and I don't know what the ethics of public information in the Custom Robo universe is supposed to be like, but if it's anything like modern day, you really would not have the police inform a 4th-5th grade class about Rahu as a guest speaker. You just don't terrify little kids like that. But again, this story is very worth continuing, the only criticism I can give deals with Custom Robo as it would be as a real thing. None of it is meant as harsh criticism because the story itself if shaping up well.
devandonet223 chapter 3 . 2/4/2008
Whoa, this is pretty good. Though...I've noticed many of the fanfictions for Custom Robo to be unactive or unfinished. Please update if you can. Thanks.
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 3 . 8/22/2007
We're talking about Rahu I here, right? That robo is a killer! For Ben to have survived a fight with Rahu I, wow, Hero's son will be a great commander... Anyways, nice work, and I look forward to what happens next.
anime-freak387 chapter 2 . 12/7/2006
This is a good chapter. Very nice! I hope I can write stories as good as you can.
Unbecoming Me chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
Nice story, I like it plz update soon.