Reviews for Vigil
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
I don't know Dark Angel that well but I enjoyed the fic.
Joshua seemed insightful and you captured it well.
DeansbabyBird
ccase13 chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
Joshua is very smart about people.
Pinkchick chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
This was a very beautiful and insightful piece. While Max was off trying to save all transgenics, she was kinda always blind to details about things and especially people, and most especially Alec. I felt that changing near the end of the season, but still wish it would've progressed further.

Anywho, I loved your story! Joshua's point of view was perfect because he has always "seen" Alec. I love how he points this out to Max and finally Max realizes that the smart-aleck Alec is just an act and that he is just as emotionally vulnerable as Max is, maybe more so. Maybe you could do a prequel and regale is with the tale of how Alec got hurt and Max's initial reaction to that.

But, overall, perfection! Thank you for this story! It's going in my favorites!
alliekiwi chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
That's very sweet. I like how perceptive Joshua can be.
Shooshkipoo chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
I adore Joshua and I love this fic. I haven't seen much of Dark Angel, maybe the first 5 episodes of season 2, but I already agree with what Joshua said about Max choosing to see Alec at face value. Nice work!
Rat chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
great story, (I always find it hard to write a review more than great story) I like the description of alec being too alive.
rholou chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
nice, i thought this was really well written, you captured all if their characters perfectly.
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 7/20/2007
Perfect.. Absolutely perfect.. :)

I loved Alec & Joshua's friendship and it always seemed to me that Joshua really understood who Alec was behind the act he always put on for everyone else. And Max's attitude to Alec got me so mad at times, it was nice to see Joshua point out the error of her ways and for her to finally acknowledge Alec as he really is. There were hints of that towards the end of the show, but not enough IMO..

This was so in character and so great to read - I adored it! Thanks so much for sharing! I was sorry it was over at the end..
McWicca chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
Aw, this was pure cuteness! I'm really glad that you didn't go the romantic route with this. Even though I ship MA, it can be a bit much sometimes. You got all the characters just right.
Zadrak chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
Aw... that warmed my heart! lovely story, lovely characterisation. _

xZx
Cailin chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
You could totally do a second chapter...Please?
RosietheMoogle chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
*Takes deep breath in and out, holding back tears* That...was...just-BEAUTIFUL! I LOVED LOVED LOVED IT! And such an inlook into the real Alec! Just-I'm speechless!
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
LOVED this story! It was nice to read fresh DA fiction. I'm a fan and always hoped Alec and Max would find each other. This was a great way to see that. To be honest, the "little sicko" part of me wished I could have seen how Alec got injured and any dialogue that he and Max might have exchanged at that point, but that's just me, hee, hee. I really LOVED the emotion in this and Joshua's wisdom about relationships, friendships and particularly with Alec and Max.

Favorite moments were:

The doctor had worked on Alec for over three hours, removing the two bullets lodged in his body, repairing damage and pumping him full of blood donated by three eager X5s. During this time, Joshua had alternately sat and paced outside the converted supply room serving as an operating room. Eventually, the doctor had emerged. He had tiredly assured Joshua that the operation was a success and that with an X5’s remarkable speed of regeneration, Alec should be back on his feet in no time.

Alec was different. Joshua knew that at first Alec hadn’t known what to make of him and had clearly thought he was a “freak”. But over the months he knew Alec had come to accept him. Now, Alec joked with him, openly calling him “dog boy” and ribbing him about his canine genes, but he treated him as an equal. Not as something sub-human to be afraid of or to be looked on with pity, but as a person with dignity and value. Joshua had been nervous and uncertain at first of his place in TC, but Alec had stood by him and helped him gain the confidence to be himself. For this, Joshua was very, very grateful.

Joshua thought back to the moment, barely six hours before, when Max had appeared at the mouth of the underground tunnel, staggering under an unconscious Alec’s weight. There was blood everywhere, soaking both of them, and Joshua had been sure that Max must be hurt, too. His relief at discovering she was unharmed had quickly turned to fear as he realized that the blood drenching the pair was all Alec’s. How could one person lose so much blood and still live?

“I thought I wouldn’t get him back in time,” she went on softly after a moment. “He was losin’ so much blood, and he was hurtin’ bad. I was afraid he was gonna die in that tunnel, before I could get him home.”

She looked past him, a faraway, haunted look in her eyes. Joshua had not yet heard any details about the disastrous mission, but this was not the time for questions - Max wasn’t ready to talk about it. Whatever had happened, it had shaken her badly. He remained silent, allowing her space until she was ready to go on.

“It sounds stupid,” she said finally, “but I’ve never thought about it before. That Alec could actually die. He’s just too…”

“Alive?”

“Yeah, that’s it.” She smiled suddenly. “Sometimes, he’s a bit too alive, you know what I mean?”

Great lines and descriptions!

Thanks for sharing it.
angel679 chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
I loved this story. It always frustrated me that Max was so blind to the real Alec. Yes I know he tried to hide behind his smart comments and quick wit but Joshua saw beyond it and so did OC. Loved that you finally had her see what we all saw. That Alec cared alot and was actually very vunerable emotionally, that things hurt him even though he hid it all you had to do was watch his eyes. Really enjoyed the story.
JennK528 chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
Yay, Joshua! Max needed to have her eyes opened to the complexity that is Alec. I always liked it that Joshua saw him clearer than anybody else - they seemed like a natural pair of buddies!

This was very sweet, and even though Alec didn't say a word, it was obviously all about him.

Glad you posted it!