Reviews for Mother's Love
Nicolene B chapter 6 . 1/11/2014
Absolutely loved this story!
CalamityJim chapter 6 . 7/18/2010
This was okay, but I think it would have been better if you had gone AU all the way. Reciting stuff that happens in episodes is a bit, well, dry. We've already been there, done that. You had a lot of originality and I think this story could have benefitted form being pushed all the way into AU.

Anywho, solid concept. The accidental telepathy was a ton of fun.
tropical chapter 6 . 11/9/2009
needs a sequel.
asdfjkl chapter 6 . 11/9/2009
how the hell did sam not at least say something about the whole empathy/mind reading thing?
Von chapter 6 . 1/12/2008
Yeah, so I definately enjoyed the addition of Sam's empathic and near-telepathic growing talents.. But the frustration of them not actually meaning anything or causing anything new to happen (but rather acting as explanation or backfill for the pre-existing story) drove me nuts! :D
Von chapter 4 . 1/11/2008
I loved the heart-to-heart with Andy.

I've always thought that it was wrong that they just left him there, especially knowing that he was a target AND a good guy.. leaving him to be killed or picked up by any passing demon or hunter was just thoughtless.

When you had he and Andy really connect, I'd hoped you'd have them end up being closer friends.. but :P no luck.

I'm enjoying this, but stories that follow the 'main story' so closely, when the added elements seem not to affect the whole story AT ALL just frustrate me.. so..

yeah.. :S
Ghostwriter chapter 6 . 6/21/2007
Ha ha ha ha ha. Awesome. Funny thing is, just re-watched "Usual Suspects" tonight. Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.
irismay42 chapter 6 . 5/13/2007
So you can see me blushing from clear across the Atlantic, can't you? Aw, thanks my love! You're more than welcome!

On to the fic. What a great ending! I absolutely adored the spin you put on The Usual Suspects - Sam 'reading' Dean to get their stories straight and figure out what was going on with big brother. Absolutely ingenious! And it just made so much sense with the existing plot.

I loved how you drew the whole thing together too, with the boys back in their usual routine, despite Sam not really telling Dean what was going on. Ah, those boys are just destined to keep secrets from each other!

Great fic - I'm so glad you managed to finish it!
Windyfontaine chapter 6 . 5/12/2007
Ah, finally got time to just sit and enjoy and review. Haven't even watched the ep yet, but I heard it's great. But oh, last chapter to this, sniffle. I fully enjoyed your crazy theory, and will miss this. Well, onto the running review...

Ah, so that was what it was, Sam was being empathic. Cool :) And ooh, esp? Awesome! "“So, you were in the bathroom a long time last night. Everything come out okay?”" And this is part of why I love your writing, the voices are so true, and you add the little humorous touches :P And Dean filling his mouth with food-cool, I still crack up from "Tall Tales". But aha, now Sam is hearing his brother without even trying? *shivers* He's going to have to tell Dean that, at least.

Ah, and you segued into one of my favorite eps of the season. And aww, of course added angsty thoughts on Sam's part. Hehe, talk by a river, lol. Love your behind the scenes though. And coolness, the telepathy thing of Sam's really helped out! Love your explanation of how their stories matched :) And love how you did Sam's escape!

And cool, I liked that scene when Sam was about to do something and Dean shook his head, glad you included that. And I loved that shove. Sigh, they really did seem to be on the road to recovery in this ep, and even though apart were in sync. Ah, and he does let Dean know he knows what he's thinking, well sort of, lol.

That was totally awesome. Loved it, loved the flow, loved the storyline, loved how you tied things together, and loved how you left it on a more positive note, at least at "Winchester Normal". Thanks so much for sharing this! I don't really need to say great job, do I? I do? Uh, okay then, terrific job! (Insert cheerleader smiley, lol) Hope you have a wonderful week. Cya :)
TraSan chapter 6 . 5/10/2007
Hey, great story. I enjoyed the emotions and the thoughts from the boys.
friendly chapter 6 . 5/10/2007
great story women.. that was good.. Are you going to do a sequel
Fireman Phil chapter 6 . 5/10/2007
I know this turned out to be a much longer project (time-wise) than you planned, but in the end, you did it. You really did it! You gave us a perfectly believable explanation of what happened to bind the destinies of Dean and Sam even before Sam was born. Now we have at least one good explanation of what lead to the fateful scene in Sam's nursery back in Lawrence.

Ah... but what are we to think of your title "Mother's Love," now that we can better appreciate the consequences of that love? That part is still troubling.

Linking your story with the on-air episodes was accomplished very creatively. I'm pleased you used less actula dialog and more action summaries this time. Both approaches worked. I think this one works better.

How many times do I have to say you should be part of Kripke's writing team before he listens? Once again, you helped fill in some gaps left behind by those collecting the paychecks. In this case it was the explanation of Sam's ability to follow Dean's lead so closely in 'The Unsual Suspects." Well done. Very well done!

You've earned a rest.
Moonfairyhime chapter 6 . 5/10/2007
Brava for a wonderful ending to a great fic.
irismay42 chapter 5 . 5/9/2007
So I've already apologised to you for my inability to leave reviews on ffnet for a week! But I'm back! Just wanted to drop you a line to say how good this chapter was. I'm not one of those fans who hates No Exit just because Jo's in it - because I actually quite like Jo. (You can stop throwing rotten tomatoes at me now...) But I love the spin you put on the episode - giving us the story from Sam's pov, which was sadly lacking in the real thing. Very imaginative. Love how you tied it all into your story too!
Windyfontaine chapter 5 . 5/6/2007
Well hi, um long time no review, sorry about that, but today is catch up day, and I've been looking forward to your writing. And aww, only one chapter left? Ah well. Will just have to savor it. And hehe, you start it off with the World of Winchester, lol. (Actually, I pretty much live there. Preferably sitting on Sam's lap as he gazes out the Impala's passenger window...oh no, you have nutty Windy as a reviewer today it seems. Shoot me now)

Aww Sammy, taking on the guilt of the world, when it isn't your fault. Realistic retching scene though, luckily I'm not eating :) But Sam needs to eat...well, if he can keep it down. And of course Dean was right there with water for him-love protective caring older brother...I kinda was hoping Dean would give him a hug or something, but I guess that isn't the Winchester way, sigh. Or they could talk? Nah, that's not the way either...(muses at ways to help the poor boys through this patch-pillow fight? trip to Disney world? listen to Barney songs for twelve hours straight? *shudder* no, that last one would kill them for sure...hmm)

Yeah, I wasn't happy that Sam spilled his guts to Ellen either. I liked her and all, but she's not his family. Ah well, can't put spilled milk back in a glass. But aww, liked how the boys started to mend fences and get back to the same page. (Yes, I'm full of cliches today, haha hehe ugg)

I like your take on their hunt almost better than the show...though gotta admit I only watched it the once and was too busy missing Sam in the ep, lol.

Aww, well glad that Sam saw his mother again, but darn that evil demon. Athough it makes sense since you said it's staying canon, but AU is fun! Dip your toe in the water! Make them hug and talk! (That's it, Altoids have too much sugar, lol)

Ah poor sad broken Sammy (snuggles him). And hmm, that last part-will segue into the next chapter I guess? But this was great, and so well done, and ah, I just ache for them. Which was probably your intention, so you definitely hit the mark :D

Lovely chapter, and thanks for sharing it. Will look forward to the next one, and hope you have a wonderful day. Cya :)