Reviews for Cry
Lucinda Hindle chapter 1 . 6/18/2017
Well, according to Harry's description he looks no more than 8 or 9 at the most and he went to primary school with Dudley and at that time no one knew that he went to St. Brutus school... but I think it might also be the summer after 5th year. He is jumpy because of Voldemort, sentimental because of Sirius and the person he is waiting for is also Sirius who will never come... Please explain, otherwise this is a very beautiful story.
Raevyn Blackthorn chapter 1 . 9/16/2015
This was beautiful and sad, and well done. I get tired of the ignorance of privet drive as well. I did have a question though, I found a story called liberate me on another site that I thought was brilliant. I was wondering if you had written it as it was posted under the same name. I loved what I found of it to read
bookworm19065 chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Interesting prespective and idea!
CosmicEssence chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
So sad but beautifully done. I'm glad that you never gave the neighbour a name but that she did directly refer to him as Harry. Also while i dont think u mentioned it till the end it was clear the person thinking was a woman...well done.
Alorkin chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
An excellent one-shot. I especially liked the line: "Crying, because he is unable to cry for himself." It reminded me of the scene in 'Conan the Barbarian' when the thief said: "I cry for him because he cannot."

I agree with your assessment. In a neighborhood so into each others' business as JKR indicated in the books, there would have been no end of nosy neighbors keeping a watch on Harry. Even the dumbest of them should have reasoned that the Dursely's were not being honest. What shocked me, is that there was never any intervention by the child welfare people. I grew up abused, and from what is glossed over n canon, there is no doubt in my mind that the abuse extended into the physical. A frying pan to the head is considered 'Assault with a Deadly Weapon', at the very least.

Well done, sez I!

Alorkin
Ronin101 chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
So sad, but you make a very good point! You have to wonder why no one really noticed Harry's abuse and unusual amount of chores...This was a lovely piece.
phantomwillow chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
wow this was very well written. props to you
Venomous Guise chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Beautiful.
TheOneThatIsAddictedToHPfics chapter 1 . 4/18/2008
loved it!
CrayonsPink chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
nice job!
hypercell chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
It was really good, really well written.I loved what point of view it is from. I just loved it. I think you should write more about people from this town and what they think of Harry.
HermioneWatsonFan chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
Very sweet, very sad. It's an amazing piece of work.
Lady Silverhawk chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
Very nice, this was very interesting. I wonder if the neighbor is the one Petunia always gossips about...
Aqua Mage chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
And I look at your profile, and find that you've written more! Yay! This is heartbreaking. I always wondered why nobody on Privet Drve bothered to really look at Harry...
The Ice sCream Twinz chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
OMG Hunie That was B-E-A-U-tiful It Was Effing Poetic We Loved It Peacez Love The Ice sCream Twinz