Reviews for Big Brother
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 5/27
Oh, this is such a great backstory on Dwayne's shirt, but it's an even better exploration of mother and son. You capture both of these characters so well, and I love how you write Sheryl's reasoning in the first part; I could see how she might come off as a little neglectful in the movie, but you make a great case here for her trying to give Dwayne space and not change him - "and worse yet understood it, and worst of all appreciated it" is such a great line!

His question of how to make a shirt is perfect for how well it suits Dwayne - unexpected, sudden, and of course, with no explanation - and Sheryl "refusing to think about how odd it was" is a good dash of humor. I love the poignancy of her thinking back to when it was just the two of them, Dwayne only wanting the black marker ("Olive'll use the colors" - a nice nod to how they complement each other), and her hugging him at the table. It's so touching that despite all Dwayne's silence and strange behavior, despite Sheryl's bewilderment by him, the bond between them is still there. It's also just the right amount of sweet for Dwayne to make a Big Brother shirt, and typical of him to display his affection for his little sister in some way that didn't require talking to or interacting with her.

P.S. I'm here reviewing you for the review-a-thon at the Caesar's Palace forum! Come drop by sometime, all fandoms welcome :)
Mattasaurus14 chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
This was awesome. :)
Mopping-Sips chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
You brilliant writer, you... Such an amazing plot is overwhelming!

*o* waaah... BRAVO!
AudioRascal chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
...you've rendered me speechless. Beautiful :)
nanamay chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
omg, is there rly a sign? :D *rewatches movie for the 3rd time 2day*
passion8 chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Wow. That was really, really good. I like your writing. And I think you did a good job of keeping true to the characters.
heythatsmybike chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Oh, this was just perfection. The way you managed to capture not only Dwayne and his intriguingly different way of thinking, but also the love and odd bond between him and Sheryl was achingly beautiful.

Extremely well done.
washingmachine chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
This was quite MARVELLOUS. I love Dwayne :)
karma eater chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
so good. it made me cry. no kidding.
cuecardemporium chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
Oh my God, this was awesome. Just awesome. Just like the movie, this story was beautiful in it's honesty, showing love and togetherness even in a family as screwed up as theirs in a reality as messed up as ours. I loved Dwayne in the movie, but I really thought that he didn't get enough...I want to say screen time but that doesn't seem right to me. He didn't get enough back story, you know? and this story helped provide some of it. Good job, you rock for witing this.
Danny Rose chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
So cute.

I love Dwayne's shirts and random obsessions and you've explored them and explained them amazingly. XD
thisisforyou chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
aah the sign the sign it's taking over! You noticed it too! I'm so proud... it allowed me to write the f word in an english assessment.

great story, i feel sorry for Sheryl with everything she had to deal with, I mean, one of Dwayne and Richard would have been enough, but she had both of them, and Grandpa, and Olive, and you know the rest, obviously...

anyway, well written, good insight, etc, keep writing and so on!

-for you.
Slothy Girl chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
aw, that was so sad! but it was also so beautiful!
inactiveeustacescrubbs chapter 1 . 1/10/2009