Reviews for Crimson Ties in Lullabies
Sagira98 chapter 20 . 3/18/2010
WHY DID YOU TORTURE RYOU? Seriously hasn't he been through enough?(Let's see psycho half-brother assassin, two-faced boyfriend, fever thingy, dead-beat bastard of a dad, dead mother and sister, kidnapped and tortured by Kek, mentally tortured by Afika; Have I forgotten anything? Seriously torture Yugi or something. You're being very mean to Ryou. (What did Ryou ever do to you?))

So everyone's going to converge on Ryou and Afika. This will be interesting... What chapter in SOA did they get the cat? (seriously I don't remember this at all and I'm usually good at remembering things and it is going to drive me nuts until I can find it.) I feel like in this chapter you showed more of a grayish Afika. I can see in some places where he shows more human characteristics. Like when he killed Minkah's mother, he might say it because she was weak but it could be that since Apophis would have continued torturing her if she stayed alive. So Afika's murder of her could be seen as a mercy killing. Lying to Minkah to protect him. Rescuing Ryou from Kek.

Is Afika talking in third person here: "That maybe if he protected her son then it would make a difference somehow."?

Why can't you just keep Afika as one type of character? Seriously I was already to dig the hole and now you pull out the moral ambiguity card. I don't want to feel sympathetic to Afika. You make that very hard in this chapter. Oh and you will be killing Kek off right? (nudge nudge)

Wow this has to be the longest review I've ever written. Go me! and you for making such an awesome story. (despite the multiple confusions and long waits between updates.)
Flacks chapter 20 . 3/18/2010
No! No orange tic tacs!

But, orange tic tacs aside, this was pretty good. Especially the Ryou torture part. Num. I expected Ket to stab his eye or pull it out or something… \ oh well. I just imagine Ryou with a bandage over his eye and… yum.

Afika is weird. I mean, how long does it take to sharpen a knife? And a frequently used knife, at that, I'd expected it to be sharp already.

Come on, Minkah, go down there already! Talk to Afika! Kill him! Or drive him away! I'm sorry, I just can't see a happy ending for Afika there. Really. If Afika would suddenly change his ways it would be totally out of the blue \. He's just too RUINED for it.

Okay, I'll stop blabbering right now.

Continue soon.
dragonlady222 chapter 20 . 3/18/2010
Good chapter. I'm glad that Afika rescued Ryou. When Minkah gets there all hell will break loose. Kek is a dead man and refuses to believe that he will lose. Hugs Ryou and Minkah.
Fallin-Alone-Scared-Lost chapter 20 . 3/17/2010
Poor Ryou :( Minkah, go get your brother!

Really great chap! I still like Afika, and I will smile when Kek bites the dust lol.

Peace out
Duckweed chapter 19 . 2/27/2010
Epic.
Flacks chapter 19 . 2/16/2010
Oh god!

I barely had any time to read this and now I'm finished… This chapter was excellent!

The part about Ryou's kidnapping was so… scary, I swear, my heart just skipped a bit when Kek caught him!

And why did he kidnap Ryou? It's really weird… Hm… he must be up to something. I'd assumed he'd want to kidnap Minkah, to lure Afika… but maybe Minkah is too hard for him to catch. Hm.\

And poor Yami. Wounds on the palm hurt. I once knew someone who tried to imitate this scene from The Pirates of the Caribbean, when they cut the girl's palm so the coins would get bloody, and he had to wear a bandage for 2 weeks! And he kept whining on how much it hurts. Of course, being as stupid as imitating a scene like that totally made him deserve that, but still… ouch

Continue soon!
dragonlady222 chapter 19 . 2/16/2010
Great chapter. I'm glad Minkah is finding out the truth. Poo Ryo, Kek is liar, I hope he doesn't hurt Ryou before they can find him. I hope things get better for you.
MarshmallowPeepGod chapter 19 . 2/15/2010
I hate when animals die. Much more than when humans do... is that bad?

Poor Kitty (though it hasn't been mentioned much as of late)

I really didn't think it had been that long since you updated, but then I realized it had been longer than I originally thought.

yay, kana reviewed.

I knew it was Kek, he's a sicko.

ek, I dun want Yami to lose his hand! that'd be icky.

Stupid Kek, I hope he dies horribly. And Afika too.

Severa, I don;t really care too much about her.

sorry this review is so suckish.
Sagira98 chapter 19 . 2/15/2010
No! Not a cliffie! So it was Kek who took Ryou? Is he (Kek) going to die? What happened to Afika? Will we be getting more of Minkah's memories in the coming chapters? What's Severa going to do? When the hell did the gang get a cat? I really don't remember that at all.(Though considering how often you update...) Good chapter although I'm starting to get a little dizzy from keeping things in order.
D.Magic chapter 19 . 2/15/2010
thank you so much for the new update!

i love the little twist with minkah's family!

whats kek going to do to ryou?
DomesticatedWerewolves chapter 19 . 2/15/2010
Oh, I'm doing fine XD What's keeping me from reviewing is just stress and school - nothing too horrible. So I've limited myself a bit. Keeping myself off the computer and all that jazz.

And I found out where I know that lullaby from. My great uncle sang it to me. :3 And then he sang really suggestive songs about Mars and cigars. I lurve him.

KITTENS. NO. Well now, I might have to have a bit of vengence myself. Kek kills the army? That's fine. Kek kills some kittens? NO. All the other plot twists did next to nothing for me, but this made me gasp and go 'oh no he didnt!'. I know, my priorities are weird.

Also, this chapter was creepy. This is why I don't have radios connected to the Japanese army; too many possibilities for people to scare me.

Oh look, my dad's using fire to make me drive him to walmart. Later :D

.srvt.

Kana
Fallin-Alone-Scared-Lost chapter 19 . 2/14/2010
Wow, this chap was amazing.

Gah, Poor Ryou(gah, was me shocked)
Dragon-Tooth chapter 19 . 2/14/2010
Now THAT'S what i'm talking about! love the drama and so much still needs to be told. I knew Kek was lying though, that was sort of obvious. XXD Still good though. Niu is still one of the most kickass OCs I've ever come across. :) Can't wait for more!
Thisissecret chapter 18 . 1/21/2010
Poor Minkah... Realizing that his only friend (and lover) betrayed him in such a way... remembering his "real" mother after having his memory tampered with... *Shudders* I hope he kills Afik! (Though I kind of like him, in a twisted sort of way.)

I wonder how this will turn out... What will will they do with all this new information? Will they be able to use it to their advantage?

I like how you write the interactions. Especially Jounouchi and Niu xD I'm surprised the poor guy can get through a simple conversation with jou, with the way he talks and all. :P

Can't wait for the next update and good luck with the needles! I'm not to keen on them either...
blueeyedchibi chapter 18 . 1/20/2010
Wow. Just... wow.

Where do I even begin? I need to get across to you how absolutely amazing this (and it's prequel, "Son of Apophis") is in 10 characters, and I'm not certain it's possible. I've honestly never been so hooked on anything like I've been hooked on your writing, and this goes for all of your fictions, "As I Fall" being my other favorite. But, Christ. This is a masterpiece. You've put so much thought and detail into it... From the Apophis organization to Afika and Minkah's background... I am completely blown away. I love the little things, such as how Niu can't understand Jou because of the way he speaks, and how Minkah's mother called him 'sesame seed.' Every thing's so perfect in a very heart breaking way. Of course, the Bakura (or in this case, Minkah) angst is what kept me coming back, and what draws me to the rest of your fics. I love it. I'm slightly disappointed that nothing ever happened with Minkah and Malik, but EH. "Crimson Ties in Lullabies" is so good in every other aspect that there isn't a huge need for a romance. There's so much STORY. That, and I think Afika's betrayal will screw up relationships for Mink, anyhow.

So, for the past week and a half, I have done absolutely nothing but go to school, go to work, and read SoA and this. For the past week and a half, this story was all I could think about. I seriously applaud you - I've never been so engaged before. And now I can't believe I don't have any chapters left to read! I pray that this review has been enough to inspire you to update. ]
444 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »