Reviews for The Better Man?
Whisper of the Winds chapter 3 . 9/22/2007
I really liked it. I know you were expecting criticism, and I feel guilty for not being able to give any advice, but I honestly can't think of anything to say other than update soon.
Moonlit.love chapter 3 . 8/27/2007
Oh, I do hope you continue you continue this! It is wonderful! Please?
AmZ chapter 3 . 5/24/2007
I like Valjean's tone, but Javert seems somewhat unnecessarily rude. If you remember, he dropped the whole "me talk like a cop to you, convict!" thing - the the extent he ever really did it - when Valjean rescued him and he started saying "Vous" to him instead of "tu." Javert may be an old stick in the mud, but he's actually got no problem changing his opinions about someone very quickly - Hugo makes this explicit. So there's nothing to keep him from at least making an effort to be more polite to Valjean.
delete-me-please2 chapter 3 . 5/23/2007
Wow, that was really well written! Keep up the good work!
mildetryth chapter 3 . 5/22/2007
R & R!

I like this. You have captured Javert's embarrasment and (idiotic) indignation that his own mind won't work along just right. And the idea of huge Valjean shrinking back for small Javert is indeed quite amusing!
Thaia chapter 3 . 5/21/2007
What's there not to like? It's nice, especially Valjeans use of Javerts title and name. I don't think, that the chapter should have been written totally diffrent.

So, I hope to read you soon again.

Thaia
Sythar chapter 3 . 5/20/2007
Very nice. Very nice indeed. It's amusing that Valjean's afraid of Javert even though the inspector is hardly at his best. Very typical of Valjean, though.

I like your take on Javert. Please, don't stop.
M Leblanc chapter 3 . 5/20/2007
Nice work, again! The dialogue is very good in this chapter, perhaps a little less forced than in others. Your Javert is quite realistic; I'm glad he doesn't immediately become a pile of mush as I've seen before. Anyway, lovely work, and I await your next update. :)
Potato-Princess chapter 2 . 5/10/2007
Please update. There are still those out there dying for decent Les Miz fanfiction. :)
AmZ chapter 2 . 5/7/2007
A little naive with regards to dialogue. People don't really talk like that in real life today, so what makes you think they talked with such pathos and pomposity in real life back then? If you actually read the dialogue in Les Mis when it's just dialogue - not silly speeches made about the Republic by stupid boys - and *especially* if it's Javert's and Valjean's dialogue, they're actually pretty colloquial and plain-talking. Otherwise, good; carry on.
Thaia chapter 2 . 5/2/2007
I really don't have anything against the prospect of reading more of this story. I confess, that I've never read Les Miserables, I only saw the musical, and that was some time ago. When I stumbled upon this one, I've been curious and I really like that story. Especially your style of writing. The alternating point of view is interesting and shows so much more insight in the charakters than the view from outside.

I hope, we will read again, soon.

Thaia
Sythar chapter 2 . 5/1/2007
My word. I am glad you continued this. I enjoyed the beginning, and I enjoyed this chapter every bit as much. An intriguing set-up. Ah, I'm so sorry for Javert, though. There seems to be a definite trend for having him ill and in his shirt-sleeves at a house occupied by Valjean lately. First 'Residuals' and now your story.

Ah well. At least when he's vulnerable and unconscious he can't complain when I call him cute. Do please continue.
M Leblanc chapter 2 . 4/30/2007
This story is wonderful! I was delighted to find a notification update in my e-mail inbox.

My favorite things are your writing style in general (I find it to be very flowing and descriptive) and your characterizations. (You probably didn't intend this, but I also find it to be subtly slashy.)

That said, I eagerly await your next update. :)
mildetryth chapter 2 . 4/30/2007
Hm, hm! I do like this. And you're right, that piece in the musical is fabulous!
Shekiah Rosay chapter 1 . 4/19/2007
Yu-Gi-Oh AND Les Mis? You're my new favorite person. Like, ever. That's so cool. This is an amazing story, too. Thanks for all your support on Same Time Next Week, too. Keep writing this one! TTYL!
61 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »