Reviews for Kaddish
TheXYZ chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
I was almost crying when I read this. GodDAMN you are talented.

It's just so... realiztic, you know? I could totally see this happening (unfortunately).

I also love when Hebrew, Judaism, Israel, etc etc comes up in fics. I dunno why... it makes me feel happy. :)

Sheila... disowning him... I could see that happen, mainly because Sheila IS a bit of a bitch. But on the other hand, the Broflovski weren't exactly relgious, were they? I mean, Gerald wears a yarmulke and all, but still...

Anyway, this was a great and touchin fic. I am insanely jealous of your writing prowess.
Indiana Beach Bum chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
Wow. Its a weird thing to be jealous of, but you have so much knowledge of the Jewish religion, it feels almost like your stories CANNOT falter. Oh, that, and you are a brilliant writer :) This was georgeous. The broken up sequence of events, the short but detailed emotions. Sheila Broflovski is always seen as the horribly intolerant mother who would hate Kyle if he were gay, but you took it to a new level. She was on her deathbed and she STILL hadn't forgiven Kyle. Forgiven him for what, I don't know.

Ouch. The rabbi didn't even second-guess Kyle when he told him he was gay. Good 'ole Stan was there to comfort Kyle. And stupid Gerald, for being the pussy passive husband. How could ANYONE allow their son to be treated that way? I'll never understand...

Anyway, job well done. Again. And always :)
UnusedAccount1111 chapter 1 . 11/21/2006
Good job.
SPANISH BLOOD chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
F* YOU
iilove chapter 1 . 11/18/2006
darn sheila and her meanieyness
Generally Maz chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
Such a sweet story!

I love pictures of lives when they're older )

These stories have such a real aspect to them D
Ellivia22 chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
sad, but really good. Great job! ~Raven0526~
BroflovskiFan chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
Absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. You describe emotion wonderfully in all your work. And I just realized I don't have you as a favourite author OR alerted, so I physically slapped myself (kidding!) and added you to both.

A lot of people (ha, including myself) deal with the Sheila Kyle conflict of a gay relationship, but the manner in which you dealt with it was quite different and very refreshing. kudos.
Hiphop chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
You're back writing again! I loved how you included the Kaddish in this story as a motif, it was a nice fit, and it flowed really beautifully with the story. I hope to see another one of your stories soon!
silverjazz chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
nice translation of the hebrew into english sounds, its really close to the way it should sound. Such a sad story.