Reviews for I Missed the Bright Side
i loved
xoxokiss210 chapter 2 . 4/10/2010
i loved :O
jesseg1 chapter 5 . 2/16/2010
I don't think that I've ever been so pissed that a story just ended.

I don't suppose that there would be anyway to absolutely beg you to finish this story? Yea, it's been two years, but still...

I'm on my knees, pleading!
generalprofound chapter 5 . 7/6/2009
hi, just found this story - and i am hooked - so many questions as to why and how and who andrew really was... how are the chances for an update?

anyways, putting the story on my alert list :D *one can always hope!*
Meleigha chapter 5 . 9/21/2008
I just found this story and all I have to say is I'm hooked! Hope you can update soon! Meleigha
Lara chapter 5 . 7/27/2008
Just found your story and it is really good. I want to know more. Hoping for an update soon.
squirtbug158 chapter 5 . 7/14/2008
Hm...still not quite sure what's going on. Interesting, though. Is it okay to hope for an update? Would love to figure this all out.
otismotis chapter 5 . 3/31/2008
I reread this story again and realized I didn't review the last chapater. Liked it very much. Booth is so cold, but I think he has been undercover so long he is taking on the personality traits of his undercover persona. Many questions to be answered, hope you will be able to update soon, don't leave us hanging. This story is very intriguing and I continued to wait patiently for an update.
Cheese1 chapter 5 . 12/18/2007
oh, this is really good so far... the suspense is killing me
labsquint chapter 5 . 12/16/2007
First of all, my apologies on how long it took for me to get to reviewing your latest chapter. I wanted to take the time to go back and review chapters 1 – 4, and well, this time of year is nuts, and you get the picture. Better late than never. And I’m snowed in today, so I’m being forced to slow down and now I’ve got the opportunity to catch up. Hurrah!

This is a very angsty chapter, but we finally get to see the meeting between Brennan and Booth. But first, it was nice to see Angela showing some backbone because she no doubt thought she was going to get it from Brennan, but still offering to go with Brennan for support before and after this first meeting with Booth. Brennan is obviously very nervous, and accepts the offer. Hodgins, seeing them together, recognizes their leaving together as Brennan’s forgiveness of the stunt they had pulled on her the day before.

How Booth has changed. His experiences with the Mendoza gang have hardened him immensely and one has to wonder how much Brennan’s betrayal of him has contributed. Obviously, he has a low simmering rage going when it comes to her. The fact that he still reads her letter regularly, even though he has it committed to memory is a very telling fact. And how much he used that rage against her in his dealings as part of the gang is unknown, but a likely thing in my mind. Her leaving in the way that she did also likely made him more reckless in his undercover role, perhaps more likely to take chances, as he no doubt felt that he had less in his old life to return to. He may have also felt that his some of his reason to remain ‘honorable’ (as the canon Booth is) left with her. So, it’s hard to say how much impact her leaving her in the way that she did has affected his past 9 months.

Brennan tries to fall back on work and logic when she finally comes face to face with him, tries to keep things strictly business-like. But Booth can’t do it at first and can’t help but question when she came back, a definite crack in his armor. And then his anger at her spills forth and for the first time in her life, Brennan actually finds herself afraid of Booth. But her own anger comes to her rescue, at least at first, before she breaks down in front of him. This line was very effective: “At least, that’s what she had to keep telling herself to keep from drowning.” The reader really understands how much she is suffering here.

And as much as Booth wants to rail at her, her tears affect him and we see a tiny flare of the Seeley Booth we know peep through. It doesn’t last long, but it’s there, so there is hope. Forgiveness is highest on his list of what he needs (How much of his devotion to his faith plays into this as well? Probably quite a bit, although this Booth seems quite void of his devotion right now. But maybe it will play a role in his redemption?); he’s done some horrible things as part of his uncover role, and this obviously eats at him. And the kind of things that he has done is highlighted in the ID of the dead man. The fact that Booth is responsible shows the lengths that he was forced to go to as part of his role. The hardened part of Booth seems to take pleasure in rubbing salt in the wound and almost boasting about the kill. Brennan is, not surprisingly, horrified. This is not the man she knew and loved. And left. Booth blames her, and she blames herself and they separate with a huge chasm between them that at this point seems uncrossable.

The end section seems very foreboding. I won’t go into my thoughts on it at your request, but I will just say that things look very bad for Brennan. And from your Author’s Note at the beginning of the chapter, things could be very bad indeed.

Looking forward to your next chapter when you manage to get it to us. Take your time and publish it when you can. We can wait patiently for it. You always make it worth our while.
BonesDBchippie chapter 5 . 12/14/2007
Deamon~~

WELL, one good thing about having that large of a gap between chapters is that WE can re-read it from the beginning to get a fresh feel for it all over again! This is CERTAINLY one of my all time favorites, I think it's because it has it all...Romance, Mystery, Drama, Angst, Hurt/Comfort-well, I guess not all [no humor or character death] but it definitley is chocked full of goodies! There is SO many unanswered questions from previous chapters that I have that I'm sure future ones will answer eventually-and I'm going to keep my assumptions/predictions about Jack floating in my own little world!

IT was a fabulous chapter though! I REALLY lov'd the way you wrote Brennan's extreme emotional distress and turmoil, and Booth's determined anger and hardened personality. I think it's interesting how she's turned to alcohol to ease her troubles and drown out her pain-SO un-Brennan like-BUT it suits her for this situation and the goes with the demeanor of the fic! Booth's hardened attitude is is definitly scary and seriously worrysome-BUT after what he's been through I could see him becoming with way-His internal thoughts were interesting and I'm totally curious about the letter that Brennan left for him that he keeps reading~~It just doesn't fit with all the words of love that they shared. I only hope things between them smooth out eventually and I'm anxious to see how this all unfolds! REALLY l king forward to the NEXT chapter and I REALLY hope it gets easier for you to write-it's definitely an INTENSE fic and I can see how it would be emotionally draining ALL things considered.

~G :D
kairbear1980 chapter 5 . 12/12/2007
this is very good- different but good. can't wait for more
caroldpb chapter 5 . 12/12/2007
I just want you to know that I totally LOVE this

story and can't wait to read more.
comeonrichard chapter 5 . 12/11/2007
im enjoying your story, marvellous! update soon, please!
OTISMOTIS chapter 5 . 12/11/2007
I was very, very happy to see an update. I don't know if you revised all chapters, but I have reread and some of my questions have been answered. Please, please continue, This is very well written, angsty. A little confused why Booth is so angry as he was going undercover and wasn't going to tell her, can only guess, the letter she left was the main reason. I can see why she is taking comfort right now in the bottle, as she had to go through the pain of Andrew dying and leaving her. Just as Booth has had to go do deep undercover, that he has trouble making the transition back. Please update soon and am looking forward to more background on Andrew and what part Jack will play in this story.