Reviews for The Color of Mourning
Kay8abc chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
Very nice, I really liked it. Ever consider a sequel?

-Kate
darklace15 chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
YESS. I love Lilah, and this captured her voice perfectly. It feels like something she would do near the end. D: Oh, Lilah. I missed you that last season. D:

But again, fantastic!
Pandora of Ithilien chapter 1 . 11/16/2006
wow. well, that was a twist. nice one.
Raiining chapter 1 . 11/15/2006
Interesting!

I liked this glimpse at Lilah. I enjoyed her acceptance, her amused nothing glances, and yet her hatred of Fred. Very fun, and the quote was wonderful. /flames wouldn't be eternal if they actually consumed anything / Sounds like an LJ avatar ;) - did you make it up or get it from somewhere?
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 11/15/2006
Well.

"flames wouldn't be eternal if they actually consumed anything"

Did you think that up? It's gorgeous.
Innogen chapter 1 . 11/15/2006
Well written, as always, my dear.

Hm... Lilah won't explode from too much power from Illyria's essence, but can Lilah really work towards the side of good? Illyria will experience all of Lilah's memories, and what conclusions can she truly draw?

And poor Wesley. He still loved Lilah, especially in the end when he realized he couldn't or didn't try enough to save her, or tell her the truth of his feelings. And, he will remember, I am sure. And it will still torture him - angst, angst, angst.

You write it so well. You stir the imagination; even if this is a one off, I am already thinking of the many divergent possibilities.

Another thought: since Lilah is already dead, her consciousness, or soul, could simply go incorporeal while Illyria takes over her 'shell'. That, I find, a most interesting thought. Let me know what you think, as you know the many places to find me...

Inny
Imzadi chapter 1 . 11/15/2006
I think you really got into Lilah's mind. Please continue with this story. I'm looking forward to seeing Lillyria. I'd like to see her meet & join forces with Lindsey. And maybe both of them could end up fighting on the side of good. Please continue.
J chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
EEK!

How disturbing to find that someone else had my idea for a fic - although mine is in a much larger series and may not come out for years at the rate its going.

I swear that Lilah taking the hit was an idea I came up with myself, and didn't rip it off of you.

You wrote this VERY well, and it lines up with Lilah to prefer oblivion to hell - more so than choosing heaven in the end, like I have her doing, which disturbs me a bit. I'll work it out.

Well done.