Reviews for Accountable
Imwaiting4myAliceandEdward chapter 31 . 9h ago
Awww! I loved your characters! There aren't many SS/HG stories that mention Percy, let alone make him a memorable character. And I love your Draco even though it was a little heartbreaking that he loved Hermione who loved another. You did a great job moving their relationship along, without it being too slow or too fast, even if they truly only had a 'relationship' the last three chapters. Again great job, and thank you for taking the time to write this!
Lady Anon chapter 7 . 4/4
I've read this story AT LEAST 5 times, probably more like 8 or 9, and every time I do I read this bonus material (previous chapter) and appreciate your respectful defense of your opinions and your reasoning. I also appreciate your writing ability to have character driven stories. There are a thousand things I can say, but I'll try to sum it up with this: this story makes my top 5 favorites of all time, possibly even beating out the original series. I can give no higher praise.
blablub chapter 31 . 3/7
For the most part I liked the fic - the internals of Slytherin and how Snape runs it were excellent and quite believable, and so were most characterisations. I also really like the AU-path that was taken.

I do have two issues, though.

The first concerns Remus Lupin, who is just... /staggeringly/ out of character. He may be worn down, but he's also bloody heroic, and him failing as hard as he does here is just... Inconceivable. I can see his treatment of Tonks and defensive attitude towards Draco - not too far off what he actually did, after all -, but his complete failure to help Hermione... No. Not buying it.

The second issue concerns the Weasley twins and their actions.

Would they do such a thing? Definitely.

Would Snape be enraged by their actions? Jup.

Would Hermione despair at them? No doubt about it.

Would the Weasley family cast them out over the affair, would the wider wizarding world take issue with their actions?

I do get that you're hung up over the use of love potions in the wizarding world, and I do get why - as your Harry said, it's a date rape drug. It's not pleasant. But the wizarding world IS fine with it. Romilda Vane didn't get into particularly big trouble over her use of love potions. Molly Weasley openly discussed her use of them as a schoolgirl with Ginny and Hermione (And even Hermione considered it giggle-worthy rather than objectionable). Whether we like it or not - slipping a guy, even your teacher, a potion that causes him to be subject to non-consensual intercourse (And I note that it wasn't even turning him around 180 in this instance, just loosening him up a little - considerably softer than the usual accepted love potions) is not going to do more than raise a few eyebrows and cause some chuckling in the wider wizarding world.

This may be deplorable from our frame of reference, but making one's fanfic a vehicle to voice one's objections damages suspension of disbelief, and as a consequence, damages the quality of the fic itself. Which is a pity.

I can see WHY you did it the way you did, but I believe that putting it in an essay would've been preferable to making it a plotpoint in a fanfic that by definition, should operate in-universe.
arctic-kat chapter 31 . 3/6
I love this story! Thank you!
normaj chapter 31 . 2/1
Great story, really enjoyed it!
Muirgen Monet chapter 31 . 1/30
I really loved this story, at first I was admittedly dubious about the plot "Hermione pregnant?" But you pulled it off awesomely. I laughed, I was touched and I was really sucked in by the story! Thank you so much for writing it. I had to read it all in one day I was so hooked!
aalens chapter 31 . 1/19
Brilliant - I do not usually enjoy het, but after reading this I think I shall have to try reading more of it, well, SS/HG het at least. This is one of the best HP fanfics I have ever read. Thank you.
waterdog1031yahoo.com chapter 26 . 1/16
First off you are amazing writer. Though I do have some issues with certain points in the story. I'm going to write first one of my issues with it then follow up with what I really enjoy about it.

To be perfectly frank this chapter was distasteful. You make Draco to be something that he quite clearly is not which is better than Remus. If anything I'd have preferred to see him act that way with Snape. Plus we all know that Remus could take the amazing bouncing ferret with both hands tied behind his back even after a full moon.

Additionally the thought that Draco knows what it is like to be shunned for a "unwanted bloodline" is laughable in comparison to Remus's since he practically experienced prejudice all his life. After all what's a few months possibly a year to a lifetime. Furthermore since Malfoy was in the golden zone of society for the vast majority of his life it truly make this bashing of Lupin to make Malfoy look "sweet" extremely funny.

Though enough ranting about that (I get a bit testy when someone that only had such a small amount of suffering gets made to be better than someone that experience longer bouts of it). My suggestion though would have been to keep the spat between Malfoy and Lupin but lighten up on the bashing. Since after all Lupin isn't exactly picture-perfect so some jabs against his failings (i.e. unable to accept that his involvement with Tonks wouldn't be too terrible...cough Snape...cough...Hermione similar...cough; unwilling to restrain his friends because of a fear of being abandoned by them). Though seriously I wonder if Snape doesn't like Lupin because they are so similar to each other...both potential outcasts because of something beyond their control yet Lupin managing friends accepting his condition while Snape gets stuck with the death eaters-in-training that look down on his half-blood status.

Now the GOOD points! I really do like how you are managing to make Severus and Hermione become closer. I think that you kept both of them remarkably in character. I admit I thought of stop reading after this chapter but the rest was just so good that I can't put it down!
SusanMarieS chapter 31 . 1/1
Wonderful story loved it, but now i'll need to go find a dramione story to satisfy that pull
dani555 chapter 31 . 12/28/2013
Hello, this was a beautiful story, I loved it since the beginning. And it was beautifully written, too. I loved how you portrayed Snape and Hermione and how you made them interact in your story. It was simply lovely.

See ya'
Avengers4EVER chapter 31 . 12/23/2013
OMG! Love it!
Montara chapter 31 . 11/29/2013
I loved your story a lot. Thank you!
OzmaofOz chapter 28 . 11/26/2013
"All the house elves is hoping that Professor Snape and Miss Hermione will be settling down properly, because the house elves can see the bonds! When the witch and the wizard have formed a pair bond, their magics reach quietly toward one another and intertwine in long threads of gold and green that grace the castle hallways. When Professor Snape and Miss Hermione are in the same room, their magics meet one another and form colorful knots and patterns in the air between them. Only elves see. Dilly sees. Dilly knows."
Blumenkasten chapter 31 . 11/6/2013
That was really nice. I enjoyed every minute of it! :)
mk chapter 31 . 11/6/2013
Hi :-)

Thank you for the wonderful story! Cried my eyes out. A perfect piece of fluff for my PMS. Judging by the lingering warm fuzzies, I am practically drowning in oxytocin. Free hugs, anyone?

I love you. I suppose I have to follow in Draco's footsteps and leave you to your RL partner, do the honorable thing and all that, but I'd marry you this instant if only you'd have me.
1,599 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »