Reviews for Accountable
Plumbum chapter 3 . 11/21/2006
I was very happy to find that you are writing a story again (besides Lost and Found I mean, which I am following at the Borolin site).

I do hope thoughtless comments about the morality of the theme of your story won't disturb you and discourage you from writing. Whitehound's comments on that particular review managed to point out its inconsistencies.

I think your story treated the topic with respect so far, and I trust you will continue to live up to the usual high standards you set in your stories. I think it's rather believable that Hermione would decide to keep the baby: as she does not hate the father, she was not a victim of rape, and furthermore, considering only her current situation: the termination of pregnancy after day15 IS murder. And people deciding to live with it better have some very good resons for committing such a crime. (Says a nonreligious scientist.) It is disturbing that people elect abortion when the only reason for it is the mere inconvenience in timing. There are options such as giving up the kid for adoption, which do not involve murder. Furthermore, Hermione is a responsible person, who can be trusted to understand the consequences of her actions. (The mistake at the vistory party was under unusual circumstances...people don't manage to survive a war every day.)

Anyway, all I wanted to say is that so far you have my full support. The story is great, and i'm looking forward to the next chapter!

I hope Hermione can somehow resolve the tension between Draco and others, he must be pretty lonely about now. The description of all the injured kids was moving...especially coupled with the everyday treatment of the topic when they talked about it.

Your characters are rich as always, and I'm looking forward to read on their story!
MollysSister chapter 3 . 11/21/2006
What a thrill to return to work after being off for 4 days to have 2 chapters waiting for me. Hip hip hooray! You get many points for the following good things: 1. Allowing Hermione's parents to be supportive and loving in the face of her choice. 2. Keeping the ranting and raving of Harry & Ron down to the bare minimum and 3. Good witchy names of the first years being sorted. 4. Giving Draco a chance to be a good guy. I look forward to the next instalment. Thanks again.
azulkan2 chapter 3 . 11/21/2006
Great chapter as usual.

I think some people just have to damn much time on their hands...if they don't like the subject, don't read the story. I get so tired of someone trying to police my life. Odds are they are some damn hypocrites like certain public figures have been lately. Stick to your guns, this isn't a police state yet( although sometimes it seems to be getting to damn close).
Lucyferina chapter 3 . 11/21/2006
Good story so far, you should not care much about 'morality', everyone has the right to do as she pelases in her fiction :)

update soon!
Lucyferina chapter 2 . 11/21/2006
Good start, update soon! Can't wait for more severus and hermione interaction.
Jedi Keladry chapter 3 . 11/21/2006
O ... Dumbledore's ghost. I'm eager to see what he'll be up to! And I like your Sorting Hat's poem. Draco's civility was a welcome surprise, and Neville's protectiveness was exactly what I'd expect from him. Thanks for the update!
Kismet0116 chapter 3 . 11/21/2006
Go Neville! Your Luna is so very Luna... dotty but with the sense that she knows exactly what's going on. Wow, so Draco cut off his arm to get rid of the dark mark. I'm glad to see that while he's a bit nicer, he's still a prat. :)
minuet99 chapter 3 . 11/21/2006
*squee* So nice to have a new chapter waiting when I got home...I'm thoroughly enjoying this. Go Neville for standing up for Hermione and go Draco for being a lot less of a prat than he could be.

I look forward to more angst between Snape & Hermione...

Keep up the good work (though you ARE finished with the story) - so rather, looking forward to more!
notwritten chapter 3 . 11/20/2006
I like it.
Alice chapter 3 . 11/20/2006
You do spin a good yarn. I am really looking forward to reading this. I'm sorry you are getting grief over the subject matter. That is just silly.
indianpipe chapter 3 . 11/20/2006
Really great dialogue, very natural,real, dare I say, 'honest'. For what its worth I think Severus addressed alot of the sentiments that people are discussing when Hermione first told him. Perhaps a closer reading of the material is in order. I like the way each character is fleshing out a position on the subject matter, decreases the tendency towards preachiness. Looking forward to more.

cheers,

indianpipe
lunafish chapter 3 . 11/20/2006
I'm really enjoying this story. It's not only very well written but also quite believable. I like how you've given Hermione such a strong sense of honor. Though I hate to see your two protagonists suffering, I love the idea of them growing together and working past the feelings of resentment on his part and guilt on hers. I eagerly await your next chapter!
duj chapter 3 . 11/20/2006
I haven't read anything of yours that wasn't truthful and I'm sure this will be too. I trust you to deal honestly with any relationships that may arise. (I hope I didn't come across as belabouring a point in my first two reviews, BTW. I write so many that I didn't realise I was repeating myself.)

Hermione probably wouldn't have taken advantage of a drunken "crush" if her own judgement wasn't also affected by alcohol at the time. Now she has to wear the consequences and that includes the difficult moral choices that come with holding someone else's secret and being forced into unwanted contact with him rather than risk exposure. (Is this why you chose such a difficult and controversial plot?)

What really worries me is that everyone will automatically blame him when/if they find out and even explaining the truth will not stop them because people tend to assume that if a man could "get it up" he must have been "willing". We don't even have a word in the language that exactly expresses what she did: despoil, debauch, violate, assault? None quite fit the bill. "Take advantage of" comes closest; certainly he was not able to give consent. Whose is the primary responsibility in such a case, the drinker or the persuader? Is it mostly his fault for knowingly diminishing his responsibility or hers for breaking the social trust that one doesn't trick people of diminished responsibility?

I particularly liked Neville and Draco in this chapter. That was a hard blow for Hermione, seeing her badge go to her chief female rival, but that's one of the lesser consequences she brought on herself.
Lynda chapter 3 . 11/20/2006
Well it looks like Albus will still be around to drive Severus crazy! No doubt he will play some important role going forward in some healing between Severus and Harmione. This chapter was, again, well written. I really liked the meeting between Harmione and Draco. I could see a bond forming there of sorts. I couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for Draco sitting alone at the supper table. He and Harmione both have a laps of judgement in common - a laps that has has far reacing consequences! I look forward to the next chaper.
Starbridge chapter 3 . 11/20/2006
A great story so far. I love Luna's leg! I can really see her doing that, and I hope if it were to happen to me I'd do the same. And I'm glad you're not shy about addressing real life, whether it fits with everyone's morals or not. And stepping forward to offer critics an email discussion. Thanks for helping to keep things civil here. :) More soon?
1,672 | « Prev Page 1 .. 97 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 .. Last Next »