Reviews for Accountable
Alice chapter 3 . 11/20/2006
You do spin a good yarn. I am really looking forward to reading this. I'm sorry you are getting grief over the subject matter. That is just silly.
indianpipe chapter 3 . 11/20/2006
Really great dialogue, very natural,real, dare I say, 'honest'. For what its worth I think Severus addressed alot of the sentiments that people are discussing when Hermione first told him. Perhaps a closer reading of the material is in order. I like the way each character is fleshing out a position on the subject matter, decreases the tendency towards preachiness. Looking forward to more.

cheers,

indianpipe
lunafish chapter 3 . 11/20/2006
I'm really enjoying this story. It's not only very well written but also quite believable. I like how you've given Hermione such a strong sense of honor. Though I hate to see your two protagonists suffering, I love the idea of them growing together and working past the feelings of resentment on his part and guilt on hers. I eagerly await your next chapter!
duj chapter 3 . 11/20/2006
I haven't read anything of yours that wasn't truthful and I'm sure this will be too. I trust you to deal honestly with any relationships that may arise. (I hope I didn't come across as belabouring a point in my first two reviews, BTW. I write so many that I didn't realise I was repeating myself.)

Hermione probably wouldn't have taken advantage of a drunken "crush" if her own judgement wasn't also affected by alcohol at the time. Now she has to wear the consequences and that includes the difficult moral choices that come with holding someone else's secret and being forced into unwanted contact with him rather than risk exposure. (Is this why you chose such a difficult and controversial plot?)

What really worries me is that everyone will automatically blame him when/if they find out and even explaining the truth will not stop them because people tend to assume that if a man could "get it up" he must have been "willing". We don't even have a word in the language that exactly expresses what she did: despoil, debauch, violate, assault? None quite fit the bill. "Take advantage of" comes closest; certainly he was not able to give consent. Whose is the primary responsibility in such a case, the drinker or the persuader? Is it mostly his fault for knowingly diminishing his responsibility or hers for breaking the social trust that one doesn't trick people of diminished responsibility?

I particularly liked Neville and Draco in this chapter. That was a hard blow for Hermione, seeing her badge go to her chief female rival, but that's one of the lesser consequences she brought on herself.
Lynda chapter 3 . 11/20/2006
Well it looks like Albus will still be around to drive Severus crazy! No doubt he will play some important role going forward in some healing between Severus and Harmione. This chapter was, again, well written. I really liked the meeting between Harmione and Draco. I could see a bond forming there of sorts. I couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for Draco sitting alone at the supper table. He and Harmione both have a laps of judgement in common - a laps that has has far reacing consequences! I look forward to the next chaper.
Starbridge chapter 3 . 11/20/2006
A great story so far. I love Luna's leg! I can really see her doing that, and I hope if it were to happen to me I'd do the same. And I'm glad you're not shy about addressing real life, whether it fits with everyone's morals or not. And stepping forward to offer critics an email discussion. Thanks for helping to keep things civil here. :) More soon?
Lynda chapter 2 . 11/20/2006
Brilliant chapter! I loved reading Severus weighing out all possibilities concerning the "night in question" and finding that Harmione must be telling the truth. You would expect him to draw on all logic to see what angle whe was playing. The ending was well done too. Severus's retort as to whether or not Harmone could continue potions would have been expected as well (Father or not!) Ramus' remark at the end clues us in on a very important little observation that Severus has neglected to mention in his thoughts to us. Love it! Great chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 11/20/2006
Er...he _is_ going to have to gut it up and visit Mr. Pensieve one of these days. (He knows Hermione is undoubtedly right, or why he's dragging his feet over this part now, I'm sure!).

Good chapter.
Borolin chapter 3 . 11/20/2006
"Quite well, thank you," Hermione said with equal sweetness. "And you? Did you... er... have a good holiday?" While we were risking life and limb to save the wizarding world, you smug little cow...

Reminds me of watching one of my former bosses (female) speaking to someone on the 'phone in this smarmy, yes-ma'am-no-ma'am voice whilst silently jerking two fingers in the air.
a fan chapter 3 . 11/20/2006
Hi. I was very happy to read the new chapter. I loved when hell froze over and Draco and Hermione talked. So happy that Narcissa survived even if she's under house arrest- so many fics kill her off which is a shame. Part of me is upset by the loss of limbs - part of me applauds you for the realism involved. I can't wait to see Snape getting interested in the pregnancy and his progeny. I can't imagine the secret staying a secret very long - but who knows. Hermione's good at keeping secrets. The Lavender Brown stuff was fun and I like that Harry/Ginny are together and happy. Guess I get to wait until Friday now.
Mel J1701 chapter 3 . 11/20/2006
Another excellent chapter that contained many themes that I liked. The development of Neville, Luna and Draco being one. I loved how Neville is coming out of his shell, that Luna is showing why she is one of the best female characters of the series and how Draco has matured thanks to his experiences in the war. Pity he couldn't have taught Harry and Ron a thing or two since both are as brattish as wee kids. I hope the ghostly Dumbledore impliments some discipline and tells them to grow up and open their eyes to their own prejudices.

It will be interesting to see if some sort of friendship forms between Draco and Hermione, both left with ever-lasting consequences of the war and both having left childhood behind now. I liked how Hermione is continuing on in a mature manner without turning into some stroppy brat or some weak-willed princess whom readers should feel obliged to pity. I know others are worried that it will be out-of-character for Snape to step up and let her and the child into his life but I don't think so. All he needs is time since he's someone who desperately has to feel in control and this shock announcement threw him off-keel.

One last thing, I don't know if you're American or not but, if you are, please no baby showers. They're just so un-British!
Keket Amunet chapter 2 . 11/20/2006
This is really excellent. I'm quite hooked on the story and looking forward to seeing where you are going with it. I find the thrust of the story interesting and your way of handling the issue of the baby well-done. Thank you for writing and sharing the story.

Keket
indianpipe chapter 2 . 11/20/2006
Ohh! I think we've got a live one here. Super.
Romulus chapter 2 . 11/19/2006
Wow, surprises, surprises:) So Hermione saved his life? Well, he could be just a little grateful (of course I know that's too much to ask).

Hermione's friends took it well. I was impressed! (Of course, I'm guessing if they find out the indentity of the father it will be rather different.) Great job!
Romulus chapter 1 . 11/19/2006
Intriguing. I'm so happy you are back to writing here:) I love your Hermione-Snape stories!
1,663 | « Prev Page 1 .. 97 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 .. Last Next »