Reviews for Accountable
wynnleaf chapter 3 . 11/25/2006
I really like your Draco. I hope we get to see a good deal of him in this story.

I'm glad you found a way to keep Dumbledore in the story. Perhaps both Draco and Dumbledore can be of eventual help to Snape.
wynnleaf chapter 2 . 11/25/2006
Great IC Hermione and Snape.

Snape is already getting a taste of how sympathies will run to Hermione and any problems that others might notice in how he considers her will simply make him look bad, but won't reflect on her at all. And that's without anyone knowing yet the true circumstances.

Actually, now I think of it, it's rather unfair of Hermione to have pushed the need to finish NEWTs in potions. With all the dangerous potions, she could have elected to drop potions entirely and allowed Snape the freedom of not having to teach her that year. But, once again, it fits an IC Hermione to push ahead for whatever she feels she wants or needs, regardless of how it affects others.

Does it sound like I don't like canon Hermione? That's actually not it - I just know several highly intelligent girls and women who are much like her.
Sampdoria chapter 4 . 11/25/2006
What a wonderful story. I loved the first four chapters and will long for the rest of the story. I think you have got it really well written, and even though there has been other stories with Hermione pregnant with Severus child, I can't recall any with this plot. I love it, I really do, and hope that you will give us the rest of the story with short intervals. Keep up the good work!
wynnleaf chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
I just saw this for the first time today. Difficult ethical considerations, hm? Men have no say so about whether to terminate a pregnancy, but are generally considered to bear a responsibility for the child if the woman decides to keep it. Even if, as in this case, the guy was never really given any choice at all - because who ever would really believe that?

The willingness to go ahead with what she wants, even in the face of poor ethics, is in my opinion canon Hermione. So the fact that she'd take advantage of Snape's condition isn't terribly surprising.

I'll be interested to see what his deeper feelings were about her prior to her revelation and where you take this.
Althea Grey chapter 4 . 11/25/2006
Excellent story. Very plausible and great characterizations. I look forward to reading more. Thanks for posting a finished fic - I hate to see a good story never finished.
Soul Bound 8686 chapter 4 . 11/25/2006
This is simply fantastic! I can't wait for the next chapter! Once again, I want to thank you for making this as realistic as it it. It makes it even more of a pleasure to read, knowing that I don't have to be afraid of snape turning into a lovesick idiot the first time he sees Hermione looking sick. It just wouldn't work. That's not to say I have anything against them falling in love and him ending up wanting to be a part of her life, but I'm trusting you to develop the relationship properly. It makes it all the better when things finally come together if the proper time has been taken. The more they've been through and the better they know each other, the better the ending realtionship, and the more believable.

Keep it up!
Romulus chapter 4 . 11/25/2006
For some reason it wouldn't let me review for a while...well, here I am at last. I'm wondering at this point what could trigger a reaction other then the 'happiness that he doesn't need to deal with the problem' from Snape. At least he now knows that Hermione indeed does not intend to use it against him in any way.

Can't wait for the next chapter!
Soul Bound 8686 chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
Wow, this was such a moving chapter. Very realistic and properly devoid of out-o-place sugar, which I'm sure will come later in the right places, if need be. I love your work and this is yet another magnificent tale in the making. So on I go!
Dragonsdaughter1 chapter 4 . 11/25/2006
Good story!
MCMish chapter 4 . 11/25/2006
Great story. Really enjoying and am looking forward to reading more
Aiden2 chapter 4 . 11/25/2006
Unexpected/unwanted pregnancy as a path to true love has been done many times in HG/SS fandom, but you've put an interesting twist on it. I have to confess that I don't much like this Hermione or feel much sympathy for her. Tricking a man into bed and then expecting him to be excited when you turn up pregnant seems pretty unreasonable, with the result that your depiction of Snape's reaction both IC and entirely reasonable from my RL perspective. Are we supposed to feel sympathy for her? I found her declaraton to all in sundry that she supports termination for others but won't do it to be, well, awfully self-righteous. And the decision to go forward with the pregancy under his very nose (even to the extent of insisting on taking potions!), given the circumstances, seems arrogant, manipulative, and unfeeling. As Duj points out, it really puts Snape in an untenable position to insist on being in his class. I also question the manner in which she elicited the sympathy of family, friends, and teachers by declaring again and again the unknown dad's unwillingness to be involved. If Hermione really regrets what she has done and understands Snape's reaction, why cast the unknown dad in such a bad light?

Just a clarification-I am NOT criticizing the story, merely pointing out my reactions to the situation and characterizations. That is ok, no?
Subversa chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
Oh, my. He didn't take that well, did he? Well, this *is* Snape we're talking about; we mustn't expect too much from him to begin with. He is naturally going to think it is all some kind of plot to make him appear ridiculous. Strong start, Author - I am intrigued and eager to find what happens next.
duj chapter 4 . 11/25/2006
Of course he can't help looking. (And looking. And looking again.) Who could?
Borolin chapter 4 . 11/25/2006
Almost too many good bits to count, but I love especially Ron's strut and his *trying* to look menacing, Lavender's really catty question, Ginny's martial bearing, Snape feeling that the dungeons aren't a home but at least they're a refuge (does he feel that anywhere is home? would he want to, given that he probably associates "home" with his parents fighting?) and

"I am, really," Hermione said, looking down at her toes. She should really enjoy them while she could still see them.

and

"Last night? The usual - wild speculation, flights of fancy and a general desire to watch the train-wreck as closely as possible. You know how it usually is with Harry? Like that, but with sex, so it was more interesting."
sunsethill chapter 4 . 11/24/2006
I love this line:

"and, assuredly not the least of your achievements, you have managed to force both Mr Potter and Mr Weasley to keep up with their schoolwork."

Then, I think I may fall in love with Draco if you're not careful! Poor boy is finally free. I really want Harry and Ron to figure this out soon.

And you are doing a fun job with Snape.
1,694 | « Prev Page 1 .. 97 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 .. Last Next »