Reviews for Accountable
Kim chapter 3 . 11/23/2006
heheheheheh hahahahahaha hes a ghost? thats funny lol maybe he can look after hermiones and snape and try to get them together? lol and when will snape open up his eyes! poor hermy... well hope u update soon!
amsev chapter 3 . 11/23/2006
After a perfectly craptastic day at work, I was more than delighted to look forward to a new story by you. Excellent beginning! I love reading what you write. And like the idea that Severus has gone all Snark over the whole thing. That poor man, you really do like to put him through his paces, don't you!

And Hermione, too, but he's dealing with, if I understand correctly, not remembering what happened, having been 'taken advantage of' and fathering a child that he didn't ask for. Yes, I have sympathy for Hermione, but he's had such a bad rep that if anyone did find out he was the father, the feces would really hit the oscillating device...

If anyone other than the author happens to read this review, go read Dyce's other story "Survivors" and its sequel. It would be well worth your reading time, as well as the story she is co-authoring under the sig "Borolin." That story's name is "Lost and Found." Go read them! Now!
tubin chapter 3 . 11/21/2006
Fun story thus far, well written and engaging. No criticisms here on your moral character or anything else - even if I'd prefer the situation didn't arise in real life (and only idiots believe that), isn't fiction an opportunity to explore the potential of situations we'd prefer not to live?
Nocturnus chapter 3 . 11/21/2006
I love this fic. And as I'm not a USA citizen, thought I'm American (from Chile) , I dont see the abort discussion the way you face it in that country.

Besides I felt it plausible, and I felt your story is coherent, pertinent and have internal cohesion (sp?) and at the end that is what matters the most. You could write a story in wich Hermione abort (or not) and not hit the nail in terms of a well written story. There are moral issues but in the process of writting what it matters is that the character looks and act in a consistent way with the authors premises about said character. Wich you have.
Plumbum chapter 3 . 11/21/2006
I was very happy to find that you are writing a story again (besides Lost and Found I mean, which I am following at the Borolin site).

I do hope thoughtless comments about the morality of the theme of your story won't disturb you and discourage you from writing. Whitehound's comments on that particular review managed to point out its inconsistencies.

I think your story treated the topic with respect so far, and I trust you will continue to live up to the usual high standards you set in your stories. I think it's rather believable that Hermione would decide to keep the baby: as she does not hate the father, she was not a victim of rape, and furthermore, considering only her current situation: the termination of pregnancy after day15 IS murder. And people deciding to live with it better have some very good resons for committing such a crime. (Says a nonreligious scientist.) It is disturbing that people elect abortion when the only reason for it is the mere inconvenience in timing. There are options such as giving up the kid for adoption, which do not involve murder. Furthermore, Hermione is a responsible person, who can be trusted to understand the consequences of her actions. (The mistake at the vistory party was under unusual circumstances...people don't manage to survive a war every day.)

Anyway, all I wanted to say is that so far you have my full support. The story is great, and i'm looking forward to the next chapter!

I hope Hermione can somehow resolve the tension between Draco and others, he must be pretty lonely about now. The description of all the injured kids was moving...especially coupled with the everyday treatment of the topic when they talked about it.

Your characters are rich as always, and I'm looking forward to read on their story!
MollysSister chapter 3 . 11/21/2006
What a thrill to return to work after being off for 4 days to have 2 chapters waiting for me. Hip hip hooray! You get many points for the following good things: 1. Allowing Hermione's parents to be supportive and loving in the face of her choice. 2. Keeping the ranting and raving of Harry & Ron down to the bare minimum and 3. Good witchy names of the first years being sorted. 4. Giving Draco a chance to be a good guy. I look forward to the next instalment. Thanks again.
azulkan2 chapter 3 . 11/21/2006
Great chapter as usual.

I think some people just have to damn much time on their hands...if they don't like the subject, don't read the story. I get so tired of someone trying to police my life. Odds are they are some damn hypocrites like certain public figures have been lately. Stick to your guns, this isn't a police state yet( although sometimes it seems to be getting to damn close).
Lucyferina chapter 3 . 11/21/2006
Good story so far, you should not care much about 'morality', everyone has the right to do as she pelases in her fiction :)

update soon!
Lucyferina chapter 2 . 11/21/2006
Good start, update soon! Can't wait for more severus and hermione interaction.
Jedi Keladry chapter 3 . 11/21/2006
O ... Dumbledore's ghost. I'm eager to see what he'll be up to! And I like your Sorting Hat's poem. Draco's civility was a welcome surprise, and Neville's protectiveness was exactly what I'd expect from him. Thanks for the update!
Kismet0116 chapter 3 . 11/21/2006
Go Neville! Your Luna is so very Luna... dotty but with the sense that she knows exactly what's going on. Wow, so Draco cut off his arm to get rid of the dark mark. I'm glad to see that while he's a bit nicer, he's still a prat. :)
minuet99 chapter 3 . 11/21/2006
*squee* So nice to have a new chapter waiting when I got home...I'm thoroughly enjoying this. Go Neville for standing up for Hermione and go Draco for being a lot less of a prat than he could be.

I look forward to more angst between Snape & Hermione...

Keep up the good work (though you ARE finished with the story) - so rather, looking forward to more!
notwritten chapter 3 . 11/20/2006
I like it.
Alice chapter 3 . 11/20/2006
You do spin a good yarn. I am really looking forward to reading this. I'm sorry you are getting grief over the subject matter. That is just silly.
indianpipe chapter 3 . 11/20/2006
Really great dialogue, very natural,real, dare I say, 'honest'. For what its worth I think Severus addressed alot of the sentiments that people are discussing when Hermione first told him. Perhaps a closer reading of the material is in order. I like the way each character is fleshing out a position on the subject matter, decreases the tendency towards preachiness. Looking forward to more.

cheers,