Reviews for Accountable
Soul Bound 8686 chapter 4 . 11/25/2006
This is simply fantastic! I can't wait for the next chapter! Once again, I want to thank you for making this as realistic as it it. It makes it even more of a pleasure to read, knowing that I don't have to be afraid of snape turning into a lovesick idiot the first time he sees Hermione looking sick. It just wouldn't work. That's not to say I have anything against them falling in love and him ending up wanting to be a part of her life, but I'm trusting you to develop the relationship properly. It makes it all the better when things finally come together if the proper time has been taken. The more they've been through and the better they know each other, the better the ending realtionship, and the more believable.

Keep it up!
Romulus chapter 4 . 11/25/2006
For some reason it wouldn't let me review for a while...well, here I am at last. I'm wondering at this point what could trigger a reaction other then the 'happiness that he doesn't need to deal with the problem' from Snape. At least he now knows that Hermione indeed does not intend to use it against him in any way.

Can't wait for the next chapter!
Soul Bound 8686 chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
Wow, this was such a moving chapter. Very realistic and properly devoid of out-o-place sugar, which I'm sure will come later in the right places, if need be. I love your work and this is yet another magnificent tale in the making. So on I go!
Dragonsdaughter1 chapter 4 . 11/25/2006
Good story!
MCMish chapter 4 . 11/25/2006
Great story. Really enjoying and am looking forward to reading more
Aiden2 chapter 4 . 11/25/2006
Unexpected/unwanted pregnancy as a path to true love has been done many times in HG/SS fandom, but you've put an interesting twist on it. I have to confess that I don't much like this Hermione or feel much sympathy for her. Tricking a man into bed and then expecting him to be excited when you turn up pregnant seems pretty unreasonable, with the result that your depiction of Snape's reaction both IC and entirely reasonable from my RL perspective. Are we supposed to feel sympathy for her? I found her declaraton to all in sundry that she supports termination for others but won't do it to be, well, awfully self-righteous. And the decision to go forward with the pregancy under his very nose (even to the extent of insisting on taking potions!), given the circumstances, seems arrogant, manipulative, and unfeeling. As Duj points out, it really puts Snape in an untenable position to insist on being in his class. I also question the manner in which she elicited the sympathy of family, friends, and teachers by declaring again and again the unknown dad's unwillingness to be involved. If Hermione really regrets what she has done and understands Snape's reaction, why cast the unknown dad in such a bad light?

Just a clarification-I am NOT criticizing the story, merely pointing out my reactions to the situation and characterizations. That is ok, no?
Subversa chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
Oh, my. He didn't take that well, did he? Well, this *is* Snape we're talking about; we mustn't expect too much from him to begin with. He is naturally going to think it is all some kind of plot to make him appear ridiculous. Strong start, Author - I am intrigued and eager to find what happens next.
duj chapter 4 . 11/25/2006
Of course he can't help looking. (And looking. And looking again.) Who could?
Borolin chapter 4 . 11/25/2006
Almost too many good bits to count, but I love especially Ron's strut and his *trying* to look menacing, Lavender's really catty question, Ginny's martial bearing, Snape feeling that the dungeons aren't a home but at least they're a refuge (does he feel that anywhere is home? would he want to, given that he probably associates "home" with his parents fighting?) and

"I am, really," Hermione said, looking down at her toes. She should really enjoy them while she could still see them.

"Last night? The usual - wild speculation, flights of fancy and a general desire to watch the train-wreck as closely as possible. You know how it usually is with Harry? Like that, but with sex, so it was more interesting."
sunsethill chapter 4 . 11/24/2006
I love this line:

"and, assuredly not the least of your achievements, you have managed to force both Mr Potter and Mr Weasley to keep up with their schoolwork."

Then, I think I may fall in love with Draco if you're not careful! Poor boy is finally free. I really want Harry and Ron to figure this out soon.

And you are doing a fun job with Snape.
sunsethill chapter 3 . 11/24/2006
As with your previous story, I am really looking forward to your characterizations as you deal with this plot. Neville was wonderful, and I fully expect him to gain quite a backbone by the end of the series. And the appearance of Dumbledore's ghost was a surprise. I think there's only a slight chance this will happen in canon, but I love his character so much that I'm glad you used this device to keep him in the story.
a fan chapter 4 . 11/24/2006
The only bad thing about reading the new chapter is loving it somuch and knowing that I have to wait days for another one. Thanks for updating. I loved sloper and I loved Albus Dumbledore the nosy old ghost and I love that he said he didn'tknow about the DA from the start. So many fics have him omniscient. Great story.
LastScorpion chapter 3 . 11/24/2006
I'm really enjoying this story, especially the way you're doing McGonagall and Ginny. My favorite line so far was "Professor McGonagall gave her what could only be described as a Very Old-Fashioned Look."
Kim chapter 3 . 11/23/2006
heheheheheh hahahahahaha hes a ghost? thats funny lol maybe he can look after hermiones and snape and try to get them together? lol and when will snape open up his eyes! poor hermy... well hope u update soon!
amsev chapter 3 . 11/23/2006
After a perfectly craptastic day at work, I was more than delighted to look forward to a new story by you. Excellent beginning! I love reading what you write. And like the idea that Severus has gone all Snark over the whole thing. That poor man, you really do like to put him through his paces, don't you!

And Hermione, too, but he's dealing with, if I understand correctly, not remembering what happened, having been 'taken advantage of' and fathering a child that he didn't ask for. Yes, I have sympathy for Hermione, but he's had such a bad rep that if anyone did find out he was the father, the feces would really hit the oscillating device...

If anyone other than the author happens to read this review, go read Dyce's other story "Survivors" and its sequel. It would be well worth your reading time, as well as the story she is co-authoring under the sig "Borolin." That story's name is "Lost and Found." Go read them! Now!
1,689 | « Prev Page 1 .. 97 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 .. Last Next »