Reviews for Accountable
EagleJarl chapter 28 . 12/8/2014
Oh my but this is going to be...dramatic? Sweet? Explosive? I'm not sure what the best word is to describe the Golden Trio and a house elf living in Grimmauld Place with Kreacher while Snape courts Hermione. Oh yeah, that's gonna go great.
EagleJarl chapter 27 . 12/8/2014
Ok, that was just hilarious. And, honestly, Snape should have figured it out - when Draco first told Snape about looking into Hermione's mind, he said that her "heart belonged to another." I had assumed that Snape recognized it at the time...has he really been thinking all this time that she didn't care for him? Idiot. :P
EagleJarl chapter 26 . 12/8/2014
D'aawwwwww. Draco is so sweet when he's being all Neanderthal. Not that he isn't right, but I really don't see where he has any right to bitch if Tonks wants it this way. It would have been entirely reasonable to talk to her about it in private and convince her to make it public, but doing it against her will seems a bit much.

Although...hm. It occurs to me that I wouldn't have been AS bothered had it just been the three of them, so clearly part of my reaction is based on the public embarrassment of it all. I still think he didn't have the right to force Tonks into a change she didn't want, though. Having the conversation in private would have given her the chance to react in the way she wanted instead of being forced into it.

Also, I suspect that Draco is externalizing some of his feelings about Severus and his own desire for Hermione and taking it out on Lupin. Poor Draco.
EagleJarl chapter 24 . 12/8/2014
I really have to admire that girl's tenacity and adaptability. Talk about being crazy prepared and quick thinking! She had been carrying around a poisoned knife just on the off chance that she managed to catch Harry alone, and she managed to remember it, grab it with her off hand, and stick him while he was already grabbing her.

Not saying I approve of what she *did*, of course. Just that I admire her ability to do it.

On other thoughts, if that spell only worked once it would have been smarter for Harry to guard the trap while Ron fetched a teacher, THEN cast it. The teachers see all the kids regularly and would have recognized her right off. That wouldn't have been very in character for them, though.

Thank god Hermione was there to tell them how to scope the targets or I shudder to think what they would have done - probably breaking into the girls dorms at night under the Cloak.
EagleJarl chapter 23 . 12/8/2014
The boys are so sweet, in their bloodthirsty little way...

Poor Severus. I hope he manages to own up eventually. Even if the child does have to grow up with the stigma of being his son, it would be better than not having a father. And *no one* would be interested in messing with a man who is not just a master potion amber, not just a veteran soldier, but also an accomplished spy smooth enough to fool Voldemort for years and keep an entire House full of Slytherins in line year after year. He might actually be making a mountain out of a molehill on this.
EagleJarl chapter 21 . 12/8/2014
Man, Severus's life sucks. Of course, I'm pretty sure he and Hermione are going to end up together, but right now things seem pretty gloomy.

And yes, it's pretty clear that the cats are trying to get them together. That was obvious back when Crookshanks dropped off her kit. Glad to see Severus finally figured it out n
EagleJarl chapter 20 . 12/7/2014
Well, that's torn it. Even if Draco hadn't figured it out, though, Snape stealing that particular picture would have started people asking questions that Snape wouldn't have wanted asked.

Now we just have to see the fight between godson and godfather when they both want the same girl. I wonder if they all happen to be polyamorous? It's not like the virgin saint of Gryffindir getting knocked up by Severus Snape could set tongues wagging any HARDER by dating both him and Draco. And it would solve most of the problems quite neatly.

Somehow, though, I doubt that's the route you're taking. :)
EagleJarl chapter 15 . 12/7/2014
The UST is strong with these two, hmmmm? [/yoda]

I was wondering if someone was going to see them coming out of Snapes quarters. Maybe that's what the newspaper article is about. Seems like it would have been smarter for him to wait in the corridor.

Also, his password is "Snape"? That's even worse than 1234.
EagleJarl chapter 13 . 12/7/2014
So, have you had kids of your own, or have you just done really thorough research? Because that was an extremely detailed list of the miseries involved.
EagleJarl chapter 12 . 12/7/2014
Glad to see that Hermione made it out of the dream unscathed. I was expecting her worst fears to involve the baby being dead or some such. Good that it was chess, where Snape could help.

Wow, Snape blew his cover a bit there at the end. Yes, he's starting to fall for Hermione, but not too smart to actively seek contact. Once the two of them end up together it's going to be fascinating watching how they interact. Both brilliant, one's a know it all and the others is a snotty jackass...yeah, smooth sailing all the way.
EagleJarl chapter 11 . 12/6/2014
Oh boy. This can't be good. I hope this isn't a "and then the baby died and we spent the next 20 chapters bringing them to justice" story.

I like how Snape is slowly warming up to Hermione. It's believable and you really have to feel for the guy. He's in a bad situation no matter what he does. Your handling of Draco is also good - it's nice to see his personality develop a third dimension.
Guest chapter 31 . 11/24/2014
This story is one of my all time favourites. I have read it countless times, much in a fashion as I read "Jane Eyre" as a teenager when I could not sleep or tried to forget one worry or another.
Beside the finely chiselled plot I like the totally beliefable characterisations and the slow pace. Thank you very much!
mama123 chapter 31 . 11/4/2014
A high quality amazing fic. This my third read. Loved it!
Armate chapter 31 . 11/4/2014
Hello Dyce,

I am absolutely impressed by your incredible storytelling. Wow. The dialogue, all the characters (so realistic and deep and really likeable), the plot, the difficult questions (guilt, responsibility - not only those from/about Hermione)... I loved how you included scenes with so many varied people, also minor characters. All of these scenes were beautiful and meaningful. I loved how slowly you revealed the past, how visible the scars of war are in your stories, how you showed us the impact fighting together had on everyone... how wonderfully subtle you show emotions and develop relationships. I have very rarely seen anything like this. Totally blown away. :)

Another thing that was just beautiful was the whole pregnancy, birth, and how she was with Martin... My child came via an emergency Caesarean and I nearly lost him; what I had dreamed about to be very similar to what you describe here was highly traumatic for all involved in the end... and it was so good to read so realistically about a pregnancy where everything goes well and as it should. Thank you for that. It was a little step towards healing for me.

There was a lot more, but I will finish here. Ah. I wish the pictures Colin made were real, you described them so beautifully... :)

Have a lovely day, and thank you for an extraordinary story!

Armate
Sue Donym chapter 31 . 10/2/2014
Yay! I do love me some slow-burn. And all the characterizations were lovely, especially our dear Draco. Your Severus was extremely Snapeish, and even Ron and Harry were well-done (poor Ron often gets bashed in HG/SS fic, doesn't he?).

Thanks so much for writing this!
1,684 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »