Reviews for Accountable
Rhea Villa chapter 1 . 11/4/2017
I think you did an incredible job writing Hermione's view on keeping the baby. You walked the fine line of an incredibly controversial topic between pro life and pro choice without blatantly favoring one side. I look forward to reading how Hermione and Severus interact in later chapters as they were interesting in the 1st chapter.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 31 . 10/20/2017
A lovely story! Thanks for writing this and for sharing it with us.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 6 . 10/19/2017
Re: your author's note - I'm sorry to hear that people have been using your story to ride their own personal hobbyhorses. Personally, I've never wanted children and would have an abortion in a heartbeat if I got pregnant, but I agree with you that Hermione is a nurturing character who might well decide to keep her baby. You've made it perfectly clear that Hermione thinks abortion should be legal and available; she simply doesn't want one herself. You've taken a very even-handed approach with this story, and anyone who assumes otherwise is laying their own personal crap onto you, rather than seeing what you've actually written.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 3 . 10/19/2017
Dumbledore as a ghost! Cool! I've seen him as a portrait in many stories but never as a ghost before.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 2 . 10/19/2017
Well, THAT was quite a twist at chapter's end! :-)
Deakydeaks chapter 31 . 10/16/2017
Loved this, gave me all the feels! And I'm not even particularly an hg/ss shipper... Thought it was pretty much perfect - just a shame it had to end!
Prince Pondincherry chapter 31 . 10/14/2017
This is one of those rare stories that got me interested in a pairing I normally loathe. I actually got here from a Reddit thread about the twins getting bashed, and while I like the twins, it was unique enough to check out. I stayed for the excellent characterization and character interactions and the positive portrayal of Harry/Ginny, Ron, Malfoy, and Slytherin in a fic where Hermione breaks up with Ron.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 28 . 10/13/2017
I think this is my favorite interpretation of house-elf "enslavement" I've come across.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 23 . 10/13/2017
Cool, Ron has gained tact and can actually act like a good friend! Weird!
Prince Pondincherry chapter 17 . 10/13/2017
I love McGonagall not giving them chairs. And of course Snape's intimidating posture involves stroking a Kneazle!
Prince Pondincherry chapter 16 . 10/13/2017
Really, that sort of Veritaserum use should be ridiculously illegal, but unfortunately, I'm willing to believe that it isn't. Stupid wizarding world.
Guest chapter 8 . 10/13/2017
Honestly, Harry or Ron is more likely to take charge than Hermione, and Hermione herself was the one to propose the hairbrained "sneak into Slytherin" plan, but you're generally not far out of character and those are only minor things, so it doesn't really bother me.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 7 . 10/13/2017
The Draco-Hermione conversations are great. Although I think ready a fic set in their teenaged years that actually shows Harry and Ginny in a steady relationship is one of my favorite parts.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 6 . 10/13/2017
Wait, commentors actually think Hermione's keeping the baby to force Snape to marry her? Really? REALLY? Wow. People are dumb.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 5 . 10/13/2017
It's hilarious how Snape's way of thought makes sense and has some elements of truth (yes, you shouldn't trust everything you read) but is also just horribly stupid (no, textbooks should not deliberately be inaccurate. That's just idiotic.) It's a great example of culture clash.
I hope Snape bothers to teach his Muggleborn students (and all of them, really) that Potions textbooks are deliberately really stupid. But knowing him, he probably won't.
1,851 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »