Reviews for Pulled Punches
Luv2Co chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
Thank you for sharing. Loved it.
EmmyLou74 chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Very nice!
briedwards76 chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
I liked this a lot.
MaddAlice chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Aw, short sweet and to the point :)
Ookami Sakura chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
I completely agree! Max should know better, everyone has a mask they hide their true self behind.. Especially if there from Manticore!
snowlove99 chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
This story was sweet. The kiss was unexpected and Max's frustration and irritation was spot on.
ultra dragon chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
While you would be correct if we were talking about them in that time frame, however Max has apparently unique abilities that put her above everyone else. She would kick Alec ass to next Sunday.

Oh and I really liked this story, talk about not pulling punches.
kikinette11 chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
very greatand right

bravo
Tim C. Girl chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Well, you wrote this AGES ago, but I just got around to checking out your stories and I still like to indulge in a little Max/Alec once in a while.

And I'm with you: it's very fun to imagine why Alec chose to hang around Max when he clearly could have gone anywhere he wanted and done anything he liked! :)

I liked this little one shot!
superscar chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
For some reason, the kiss took me *completely* by surprise. I'm not sure why, exactly. But you're right, obviously, of course he could kick her ass if he wanted.

And I would hope that she wouldn't be batshit insane enough not to enjoy him kissing her. I choose to believe she'd pull her head out of her ass.
Caruka chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
Wonderful! I read and reread this history so many times and its so right! I agree with you: theres no way that she could beat him, unless that he would allow that!
MutantSquirrel chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
I don't mind the whole sexy Alec wants Max thing but I do think there is a good chance she could win the fight without Alec throwing it.

Reasons:

1: She's an 09er. It was her and the other 09er's escape that made Manticore realize that they had made the X series too resourceful with too much of a killer instinct. All of the X5 models that got left behind got stripped back taking those vital assets away, including Alec.

2: Max does catchup on some of her training in the space between the first and second series. Not alot it's true but it's her resourcefulness that's her greatest asset(and her knowledge of Alec's weaknesses).

3: From watching the TV show Manticore seems to make at least a third to a half female soldiers. Why make any female and apparently weaker soldiers at all? Probably because they didn't make them weaker, just smaller. In designate this manticore is making her spar with a male X series, why do that if she was only going to get creamed by him?

4: smaller and lighter isn't always a bad thing. Jackie Chan and Jet Li are small but they kick ass.

So ends my rant. Otherwise love your work Carrie.
Chronicles of an Insomniac chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
I totally agree with you. There is no way Max could win against Alec unless he let her, or she was so far beyond pissed that she had a major surge of adrenaline, and even then I'm on the fence. I love your reasoning for why he held back, and this was an amazing story!

clumsybookgirl13
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Alec is definitely a sneaky guy, that's for sure!

Poor Max being all confused and what not LOL

great job!
anybody-out-there chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
LOL. Loved it. It was funny and in character. You should write way more DA stories :D