Reviews for Harry Potter: The Silent Halls Of Hogwarts
rowenasheir chapter 10 . 7/5/2014
has this story been abandoned?
Edmond O'Donald chapter 5 . 3/23/2014
Pretty good overall. One comment though. You wrote: "The Phoenix feather core of your wand is very unique.."

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and F*** NO. SOMETHING IS EITHER UNIQUE OR IT'S NOT. UNIQUE MEANS ONE AND ONLY ONE. PLEASE...FIX THIS AND DON'T DO IT AGAIN. It's wrong and it annoys the hell out of those of us who know the difference.

the_scribbler
Guest chapter 8 . 12/20/2013
...I will find out the name of the drunk driver and...we'll you can all guess...kukuku...
fireforge92 chapter 10 . 10/31/2013
I am sorry to here about your loss. I was wondering if you were going to continue the story. Update soon... Please?
Taylor1991 chapter 10 . 5/12/2013
Superb story! I read this all in one go and have been captivated since chapter one! I was really looking forward to the potions lesson too. Since it's been so long, I can only assume that it's simply been to hard for you to continue. I thank you for all that you've done thus far in honor of your friend. God bless.

"You should be all healed up within the hour, Harry. Now, excuse me, I have to go see what I must do for our resident needle." She said to him, a hint of a grin on her face. ROTFL! Even better than the bouncing farrit in cannon.

It's a shame to see such a well-written fic discontinued after so long. Taylor got in the mindset of someone with a disability perfectly. It's clear that she really felt strongly about the fic. Please let us know if you're continuing it, abandoning it, or abandoning it andwilling to pm the possible adoptee the notes and stuff that she left. Thanks for sharing what you have with the world :-d
Taylor1991 chapter 9 . 5/12/2013
i luv this story and completly agree about what you said for the last book it was sad but i really hated the epilogue she could have ended it so much better. As for the horcruxes, I took an English course debating that at my local university this semester. It was a very interesting course too.

I can't believe that Dobby's death didn't make you cry too.

As for the horcrux thing, I feel strongly ahat at the end, she got kind of lazy during the editing process and didn't take the time to fix the plot holes, because really as famous as she and the previous books were, it didn't have to be excellent for it to sell well.

Oh no, they're going to duel! Hopefully Remus will get involved and stop this foolishness before Harry gets into real trouble!

Can't wait to see Harry's first potions class as I'm sure it's going to be interesting, because Severus is bound to initially do something to make Harry's life difficult because not doing so would go against his very nature :P If he does do something stupid, Remus will put him in his place for sure.

Dang, Rita wrote the blasted article before Albus could inform the students properly. Who was the inside source?

*squees* I knew it'd be h/hr!

Please continue her legacy and update soon!
Taylor1991 chapter 8 . 5/12/2013
Doing what your doing now, writing this all out, allowing her memory to live on. that is what being a true friend and loving a person is all about.

I'm proud of you (though neither of us know each other) Having the courage to go above your duty to Taylor as her beata reader and continuing the story where she left off is truly commendable. If it were me, I don't think that I could hold back the tears long enough to get anything accomplished.

I hope that you, her family and friends find peace, like I know Taylor has.

I only just found this fic today, and already, I'm in awe at first Taylor's depection of someone with a disability and now yours. You aren't making Harry a weak defenseless kid, you're accurately portraying how someone who has been abused would act as well as showing that just because a person has a disability that there's nothing wrong with it. In fact, even if Harry was given the opportunity to regain his hearing, I don't know if he would decide to. Many deaf people are quite content with their lives as deaf individuals and when presented with the option of a coeclar implant they refuse. While I don't know if Harry'll choose the magical equivilant, I can't wait to find out and will respect his decision either way. Of course, this all depends on if there's anything that can be done for him.

Luna is very observant, however, there's got to be more to it than that with the way she knew about the "dog". I'm pleased that Harry seems to get on with Hermione's friends. And glad that he got into Gryffindor with Hermione, that way he won't feel so isolated, like he might if he were put in one of the other houses where he was the only one who knew sign.

Is the fic updated further on port key? Please let me know if you'll be continuing this. Inquiring minds need to know. lol

so may you and the rest of her family and friends find some sort of peace. im sure Taylor has.
Taylor1991 chapter 7 . 5/12/2013
Reading this a/n makes me kind of sad because of what happened to the beloved author. At least "you" had a splended 21st b-day, being 21 and in college, I completely understand the sentament :)
Taylor1991 chapter 6 . 5/12/2013
Magnificent story! I love this, it's very interesting. I can't wait to see the reaction Harry has to Dumbledore; hope he vents some of his anger to the man who was parcially responsible for his abuse by not listening to the woman who he had stationed to watch the Dursleys before placing him their. He deliberately chose as he usually does, to see the best in those horrid people, but he is as falable as you and I are. I like how you've struck a nice balance between 'can do no wrong' Dumbledore and 'evil, manipulative' Dumbledore. Don't get me wrong, I like both types in the right stories, but things are never really all that clear cut in real life, and I think that you've managed a nice balance. Albus was doing what he thought was right, and when he found out it was horribly wrong, he owned up to it, and tried to make amends. Hope to see more soon. Thanks! And as long as you continue, I don't care about the length as long as you do your best to keep up the quality of the previous author.

I hope that Albus doesn't fall back to his old habits and block Harry's magic again. And I hope that no one puts two and two together with his white dog and Sirius, but as long as Harry keeps applying the spell to keep him white, then there's no reason that they should notice until Harry, and Sirius are ready to take on the task of clearing his name.

Can't wait to see what house he'll be sorted into.
Taylor1991 chapter 5 . 5/12/2013
Hmmm, I wonder how Severus will react to seeing Harry? In light of what happened to him at the Dursleys, combined with him living on the streets/him being deaf? Is Hermione going to act as his interpreter in potions? I feel that lip reading might not be sufficient in a class where just one accident could cause serious enjury, and lip reading is a complex thing. In all of his other classes, he can probably get buy without a signer, but Severus wouldn't take well to him making a mistake due to his disability. He doesn't strike me as the accomidating type. lol

After Hermione's parents fight, I can't help but wonder if they're going to get a divorce. Hermione and her mum deserve someone better than a man who can't even attempt to understand the world that his daughter now lives in. I hope that he realizes how much of a prat he's being and they can resolve things, because divorce is never easy on a family.

Glad Harry finally got Hedwig, because "Blacky" won't be with Harry all the time at Hogwarts, once his name is cleared :P
Taylor1991 chapter 4 . 5/12/2013
I was only slightly surprised that she knew sign-language, but hey, what can you expect from a genius. I love your story and think it has a lot of potential. Harry living on the streets or being deaf is one of my favorite story ideas, and yours is one of the best I have read in a while because it has both aspects.

Do you have any idea if there is going to be a pairing yet? If so, can you tell me, or would you rather keep it a secret? Anyway, the original writer was an amazing writer and could take this far. Please continue the fic in rememberance of shadow gryffindor.

I couldn't help but laugh at the image of Hestia watching in confussion as they all started signing. I know ASL, but when I didn't, I remember standing their like her, trying to figure out what they were saying. Like how you pointed out that in sign, not every word is "said" but for the continuity of the fic, you added the "interpretation" to make the flow of the sentences much easier to follow. This shows that you know your stuff, and that makes for a much more enjoyable read :)

I like their spare of the moment decision to first take Harry to the Grangers before going to Hogwarts, it makes for an easier transition for the lad. However, I find it kind of improbable for responsible adults to allow a thirteen year old to travel to the roughest parts of London to search for Harry, but I like the plot device regardless.
Taylor1991 chapter 3 . 5/12/2013
Harry's speech is impressive for a deaf person. Looking at the pronouncation keys in the dictionary is a neat trick to learn how to say words if you can't hear them. Wonder who taught that to him eh.

Harry's accidental magic was impressive, stunning those brutes like that.

What will Sirius's fate be when the order tracks Harry down due to the magic? He had wanted to inform Remus and explain things, which would've prob turned out okay, but will the people who find him listen to what he has to say before they call the aurors?

Neat, Harry can see people's auras. If he's already this powerful, how much more so will he be once the block has been removed?
Taylor1991 chapter 2 . 5/12/2013
Bravo Hagrid; Dursley deserved what Hagrid did to him with his handy umbrella :-d

You tell him Minerva!

I have a feeling that Harry only survived the drive buy shooting due to his magic, did it have any effect on him though? Remus is getting warmer and warmer, don't give up Remus!

I wonder...if Sirius will be the one to find him since he's on the run too, that'd be an unexpected twist to things :P

So the meddling old fool put magic blockers on Harry and Neville, didn't manage Potter's gold well and sent the boy to the abusive Dursleys expressly against the Potter's wishes. He deserves the shotty service that the goblins are giving him and more, but nothing can compair with what his actions caused to happen to poor Harry.

The Grangers teaching muggle studys, now that's a unique idea. I like it, perhaps having her parents at school will help her self-esteem.

It's a pity that Neville has turned into the bully, you'd think that he would do the opposite since he was once the target of bullys. *clicks to the next chapter*
Taylor1991 chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
My condolences for the loss of the author. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family and friends. However, I hope that you might some day find the strength to continue writing, as I feel that's something that the author would wish for, their hard work to be continued, but I can understand if it's to hard.

Like the additions to the scene at Godric's hollow. Hagrid's unique way of talking was superbly done.

The Dursleys behavior was highly suspecious; I can't wait to see how young Harry is faring, out all alone on the streets of London.
Jeneen chapter 10 . 3/15/2013
Just found this story and read it all in one go. Great story by the way! I am so sorry to hear about the author. From what I read, she was excellent.