Reviews for Pretty Girls Die First
LoveWritingxoxo chapter 10 . 5/8/2013
Totally late on this but I'm reviewing anyway. You made the tears come out - full force. I loved Brooke's cynical nature in this...it just seemed to fit after all the shit that happened to her. This really was a beautigul story and I'm glad I found it.
razmataz13drums chapter 10 . 7/11/2009
hi. i think that if i said 'I LOVE UR STORY' it'd be true but i dont think that theyre the right words. it wouldve been so easy to 'overwrite' this story- if that makes any sense. And you didnt down play it either. i think what i really liked about it is that u didnt try and make it into this perfect death kind of thing. e.g u didnt make things turn out perfectly between brooke and peyton or luke and brooke either for that matter,but they did at some point come to an understanding. i loved haley in this story i think her relationship with brooke was really sweet and touching. i liked how you didnt try to glorify death, you seemed to write it with the view of 'it is what it is'. I think this is really semsitive and thought provoking, and i truly think, im not just saying this and im not exagerating, that this has got to be the best written fic ive ever read and trust me, as sad as i am ive read a lot. it reminded me of the book my sisters keeper by jodi picoult. anyway sorry bout the rambling but i really liked ur story, it was original in every way. you couldve made it really predictable but it had inner depth that many other fics lack, well tbh most of them are crap technically but hey. anyway sorry again and thanks for writing even though you did make me cry. ~taz
Brulian4ever chapter 10 . 6/7/2009
Wow! I just found this story and it was fantastic! I had tears! So sad but great job!
Cribellate chapter 10 . 6/7/2009
Wow. This was truly a beautifully written story.

I'm not happy that Brooke died (grr), but I agree with what everyone else is saying - her surviving in this case would be, well, unrealistic, and kind of silly.

Anyway, thank you.
HelenItsme chapter 10 . 1/22/2008
At first I didn't want to read this fiction because the summary kind of made me not want to read it, because of the whole cancer thing (I have to mention that I know more about cancer than I shoud.. Personal exprience and all that crap), but last night I was in for some good fiction and I thought 'what the heck, I'm just gonna read it'.

When I clicked on the first chapter there was something wrong with the page, so I haven't read all of it.. Which kind of made me sad but I still continued reading it.

Through the chapters, Brooke is acting really stubborn as if she doesn't really want to admit it to herself that she really is sick, and that made me feel so sorry for her. You wrote Nathan's speech absolutely incredible, it was perfect in his own way, and it finally made Brooke realize that she had to fight for her own life.

At first I couldn't stand Peyton's character, but then I went from pitying her to hate her again, because she really is so selfish. I'm glad Haley really acted like a true friend, standing up for Brooke all the time.

Lucas was kind of annoying, but sweet and simply irresistible at the same time. Chapter 5 and chapter 7 were my favorites, just because you've written all of their anger and hurt and pain and just every emotion so well.

I know this sounds kind of weird, but I'm glad you made Brooke die. Because this way it's real, and if you would let her live and cured, it would just be plain unrealistic.

All of the time, I told myself not to cry because of this, and I didn't, because I learned to get my own emotions in check, but you have to know that there was this big lump forming in my throat and it didn't leave until I went to bed, lol.

Just in a nutshell; this fanfiction was the best angst one I've ever read, and mainly because of the way you wrote Brooke I kept on reading. Seriously, thank you so much for writing this. You are a brilliant writer.

Love,

Helen.

ps; and about the song in chapter 8 (I think).. I don't think it was waiting on the world to change by John Mayer (you were just misleading us readers!), but you were refering to the last line, Jimmy Eat World - For me This Is Heaven. Coming from a true JEW fan, I recognized it immediately ;)
p0line chapter 10 . 10/26/2007
oh-my-god.

This was so sad, but so well writen. You save me from the depression because even if it was so sad, you make brooke says funny things.

but the last chapter. God. I was crying so hard ! I didn't think that a story could make me cry like that. It was heart breaking. When you described the characters.

I felt really stupid, though, in front of my screen, crying alone !

Brilliant story.
forblueskies89 chapter 10 . 10/6/2007
wow... this whole fic was so sad

i was kinda disappointed when i saw that you'd chosen to end it at ten chapters - but i loved how you kept it true to style. it wasn't some fairytale ending - it was realistic and even though brooke loved lucas she knew he couldn't save her.

the bit about peyton and lucas still stung like hell though - i mean she couldn't wait until brooke's grave was filled in to start hitting on lucas? grr

this fic was so good that i had to read through it again, i was in a really angsty mood

great job!

could you PM me and let me know if you've got any other brucas stories in motion?
TypoKween chapter 10 . 9/29/2007
Okay so it didnt help that I was listening to "Three Flights Up" by Yellowcard while reading this last chapter. It was written beautifully and very, very, very sad! I wish she didnt have to go but in reality we never really get everything we want. I feel really bad for Luke. Like he's going to be like Landon in 'A Walk To Remember'. Anyways, this was a great end to a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing your awesome words with us.

:) Elena
JJBrowneyes chapter 1 . 9/25/2007
before I start reading this ( I have not read anything. just scrolled down.) Is this going to ruin the next season for me? Brooke is my favorite character and I would hate to watch what I already suspected was going to happen.. Please let me know.

Thanks

JJ
SmileLikeYooMeanIt chapter 10 . 9/25/2007
Wow That Was Beautiful

So Simple Yet So Moving

I Loved It!
snowbabie chapter 10 . 9/25/2007
sad that the update was the end but it was a great story...i totally loved it even though you made me cry at the end... ~snowbabie
BRUCAS EQUALS LOVE chapter 10 . 9/24/2007
amazing sotry! so sadd! : (
only-because3 chapter 10 . 9/24/2007
ugh. so simple yet so powerful that i almost started crying. absolutly wonderful.
tripnfallbri chapter 10 . 9/24/2007
Oh my, you killed me with this chapter. I scrolled down, saw the title, and immediately knew what I was in for. This chapter was so heartwrenching. It was beautifully simplistic and several times I felt my throat tighten and I almost got teary. This whole story has been amazing and I'm sad to see it end and of course to see Brookie die. -huge sigh- But I've been waiting for this chapter for forever and I definately wasn't disapointed. You are an amazing writer and this story was written so beautifully.
for you to notice chapter 10 . 9/24/2007
I love this story. Since One Tree Hill's been sucking, it's been hard for to really get into fics, but this one chapter brought me back and sent me reading this amazing story again. Thanks for that. :) And ood luck with everything else.