Reviews for Such An Empty Space When You're Gone
Imwaiting4myAliceandEdward chapter 8 . 8/13
I'm a sucker for a HEA HG/SS story... this was different and everyone was extremely out of character (OOC) but I still enjoyed it and read its entirety.
Awww, it's sweet how Snape is subtly separating Hermione from her friends to make it easier to train/groom her to be the submissive little wifey. McGonagall doesn't mind tossing the virgin into the volcano, does she. I'm surprised she didn't just thank Hermione for allowing her and the Order to whore her out. And how "romantic" was that forced wedding - she got told on the day of that she was being forced to marry some guy that some prophesy demanded that she wed and therefore fuck and it doesn't matter if she wanted to or not according to Snape and McGonagall's actions. They probably would have Imperioused her otherwise, and all because some hyped-up moron decided to create a prophesy. I'm surprised to find that they're all that gullible.

And what's up with that "may I tell Ginny" bullshit? Is she already a Stepford wife or something? I've noticed that they're all doing a great job of separating her from her friends. Where the hell is Hermione's backbone? She's being such a good little moron/sacrifice... I can't read any more of this tripe.
If it would be "cruel" to segregate her, why not tell her why she's being cruelly imprisoned? Obviously no one cares enough to bother telling her why she's being help prisoner. Why didn't Hermione ask her "caring" professors and "caring" heads why she's being imprisoned anyway?

McGonagall can look "apologetic" all she wants but that doesn't help Hermione. And I still don't get why she can't go to the Burrow even for Christmas. Keeping her jailed at the school is not going to make her want to sacrifice her future just to keep the school going. And I think it's super-strange that her parents never seem to mind her not coming home or even visiting. Were they made to forget that they ever had a daughter? I love how they're all so busy worshipping the prophesy that they don't bother giving a shit less about whether or not HERMIONE is happy or miserable.

Maybe Harry and Ron can help Hermione escape the prophesy? That way if she and Snape do decide to fall in love and marry and save the universe and whatever, it won't be because some prophesy has decided to whore Hermione out into an Order-enforced rapey marriage. She's being told who she'll have sex with whether she wants them or not, and that's pretty damn rapish.
If I were Hermione, I think I would manage to go to the Burrow at least no matter why they're holding her hostage at the school - and it's not like they've bothered to tell her why. Something is definitely going on and she would be wise to either escape, or find out what it is...then still escape. Forced incarceration, no matter how pretty the jail, is still forced incarceration. And if Snape is "so sorry" that she "must" stay, then why doesn't he bother telling her why she's being held hostage? It most certainly is her place as he's one of her jailers.
mama123 chapter 8 . 6/5
It's a nice story. But something ismissing. It's was bit anticlimactic.

Where was The prophesy mentioned? I couldn't find it.

U r a good writer. This story just needed a little background knowledge about a why the things were happening.

Other than this it was a good read.
AwkwardIdeasLeadToThis chapter 8 . 5/3
that was probably the most unexpected piece of fiction I've ever read. Down to the last plot twist. The prophecy. the marriage. the cat. the baby. the re-enchantment of the castle. I don't know how I feel. These topics that don't look like they could ever come together to exist in the same place somehow have in this story. You seem like the best fucking person to have on a camping trip.
meg527 chapter 8 . 8/7/2014
I love this story! Thank you!
Snellee chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
I think this story is very underrated!

I love the dialogue between Hermione and Severus. I get sick of story's where Severus is an asshole and Hermione is a bumbling idiot who is scarred of him. I think you have highlighted their intelligence and I love how amicable they are. I don't care what other people say, this story is great!
bacrawford chapter 8 . 10/26/2012
An adequate story, for the most part, well written; it lacks emotional depth which makes the relationship between Snape and Hermione lifeless.

At best I'd rate this one as a C.
susannajulia chapter 8 . 10/4/2012
A very nice little storie. Loved it :)
elmo98 chapter 8 . 4/6/2012
please tell me that there is or is going to be a sequle i really loved this fic!
JoyBean chapter 8 . 9/26/2011
I know it's been awhile since you wrote this story, but I found it to be simply wonderful and heart warming. It was truely beautiful from the first sentence to the last. I'm so surprised that you don't have a thousand reviews-this story is a buried gem that I hope other readers soon discover.
Alexa1993 chapter 8 . 8/21/2011