Reviews for Changes
moeru himura chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
This got me really really sad. T_T
J Luc Pitard chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
Nice. So much left out, but so much more is there if you look for it. Of course, I'd love to know the outcome, but I think the promise Kenshin made to Tsubame makes it clear. I think Yahiko's getting a new/old sword.
HeadingNorth chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
*Cheshire cat smile*
FirstBornofMainHyugaHousehold chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
Um...What's with the battle? And did Kaoru and Kenshin "adopt" Yahiko? Is the batle to settle the ties between Kaoru's family, to let Kaoru be with Kenshin? That's my best guess.
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
No worries; I'm no purist. Not only do I have a penchant for AU's, but I also like to mix elements from the manga and the anime to suit my needs.

But that's just me.

I have to agree with a previous reviewer, somehow you managed angst and humor in a pleasing mix that I liked very much. Of course, Kenji would easily say "busu" before he would indulge Yahiko with "kaa-san."

The moment where Kenshin was comforting Tsubame, patting her gently with one hand, the other other "talons around the cold blade" was very striking. The images of Kenshin, the gentle man and the fierce warrior tied together in that moment. Brilliant.
monsoonblues chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
I'll admit the first time I read this I was thoroughly confused, unfamiliar as I am with the manga and the OVAs...but your little explanation and a glance of your reviews gave me a better clue.

Once again, lovely style of writing, and you've done a very good job of combining humour and angst, I don't know how you do it. 'Kenshin stands in silence, comforting the young woman he’s come to love as a daughter—gently patting her with his left hand—the right talons around the cold blade'. I like that sentence for obvious reasons, the ever-present contrast in his personality has been effectively conveyed.

The little exchange between Kaoru and Yahiko (with little Kenji interrupting) was amusing and touching, and just perfect because of they way it ended with one chasing the other, as usual.

I don't know what else I can say that hasn't been mentioned already by everyone else, but, it was a pleasure reading your work, as always:)

Thanks for the great read!
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 11/19/2006
I liked it!

Kaoru's fears, her resistance to change were well written and completely realistic. Yahiko's "busu" response to those fears was unexpectedly touching. It's ironic that he'd be mature enough to know when Kaoru needed him to act immature.

I liked that you started out with Kenshin comforting Tsubame. It led well into Kaoru's reservations about the match and reminded readers that both Kenshin and Yahiko have women who care about and worry over them.

How appropriate too that Kenshin used one arm to comfort Tsubame while the other clutched his sword in a 'talon'-like grip. It seemed symbolic of his dual nature, hardened, skilled war veteran and loving, tender-hearted rurouni.

Nice job!
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 11/18/2006
*biting knuckles*

i forgot to capitalize the 'w' when kaoru exclaimed "What!" after yahiko called her "Busu" in the next to the last segment...

*on knees, bowing, face to the floor, arms extended, palms down* gomen nasai

no, not undeserved praise. P

it IS really good... STOP THAT!

ginny
themagebear chapter 1 . 11/18/2006
the magebear is confuzzled.
Anonymous but very interested chapter 1 . 11/18/2006
Interesting. I like how you took part of the manga, or OVA, whichever you prefer, and actually fleshed it out. Not too many people have written about the day Kenshin and Yahiko had a match. I love your choice of words. The beginning draw the readers in, especially with Tsubame's actions and Kenshin's words, and the way you ended the story is brilliant. (I remember the bamboo forest. Hm. Did Kenshin destroy it?)

Thanks for posting.

Good luck.

_
gabyhyatt chapter 1 . 11/18/2006
good fic
Shannon O chapter 1 . 11/18/2006
Woow! Very well written. I like it! )
pinoykengumi7 chapter 1 . 11/18/2006
HEhe... angst/humour... you're crazy, saleh. THOSE TWO GENRES DON'T GO TOGETHER! But you pulled it off well V HEhehe, I can really just imagine Kenji running around yelling out "BUSU" and Kaoru getting angry and well, Kenshin "oro"-ing :P And again, beautiful language. You are the best~!

-Duckii Mustang-