Reviews for Once is Once
coffeebee chapter 14 . 11/8/2015
Not really a review. Just wanted to let you know I stayed up all night reading your story...and liked it. Cheers!
garnet86 chapter 14 . 8/16/2015
I'm so very sad to see that this story seems to have been abandoned :( I loved the plot and the tension between L and Light. I didn't think either one was OOC at all - the way they react to each other and this world you imagined for them was just perfect! It's one of the most realistic, thrilling and beautiful stories about those two I've ever read and I hope you're going to continue this one day!
Guest chapter 6 . 6/27/2015
six milion in not 1%, sixty milion is, because six bilion (seven now) is 6 000 000 000 and six milion only 6 000 000, thats three zeros and thats one promile. and by the way the way the amount of peple on this planet is growing fast enough to not even notice. if you count how many people get born in a day and how many die, you find the growth of our population compensates for measly six milion in eighteen days, certainly seven years worth of work is enough time to continue overpopulating our planet happily.
Kittykatpeep chapter 14 . 4/14/2015
HOLY GODFUCK THIS WAS A GREAT STORY WHY DID IT HAFTA BREAK OFF LIKE THIIISS
CountessDraculara chapter 14 . 11/30/2014
I really like the how the story goes, it's really unique! I like how you write Light in this, some of the fanfics I encountered really makes Light kinda pathetic somehow. I love Light...and I support Kira, so I'm kinda biased, lol. I feel that L shouldn't die,(not that I want Light to be caught) because it kinda get boring without him, suspecting Light as Kira and all that. Light was careless, easy to anger, too confident, unable to think thoroughly after L died. It's like in some ways he was mourning for L. I felt really sad when Light died, in fact I couldn't even bear to watch it, I kind of skip it. After a few weeks later, I made myself brave enough to watch the manga and anime version, but with a lots of wincing and anger. But enough of that. This is what I hoped to see, L return from the dead!

And that ending, I'm really curious right now! So far your story is very good, I hope you can update more.

It's really rare for me to review since I'm very lazy and not confident at my skill of reviewing people's work.(sadly) I want you to know that I really appreciate your story! Thank you for creating this wonderful fanfic. You're a genius.
5rr chapter 14 . 10/14/2014
u good)
crazy reviewer chapter 14 . 4/21/2014
Argh! What the hell? Why was it not updated? Uff.. i wanna know what happens next! Come on! Just update! By the way, why is this fic rated M? I just noticed it and can't get the reason..-_-''
Nakaion Aquette chapter 14 . 1/30/2014
JSKFBSKFHLSBKJHLK;lldewf;;;

In the last few weeks, I've been finding more and more utterly amazing fanfics that have not been updated for about 5 years now. This one... 7. *sigh* And so far, it's my favourite.

Everything was perfect. AND THAT CONTRACT. URGH.

I love this story to death, and I honestly think this story will leave a void in my heart from it's unfinished nature.

I don't know why you stopped writing it, but I hope you're okay. I agree- forever protesting against L's death (even though it was vital to the plot).

The perfection of this story still astounds me. You have some grammar mistakes, obviously, but the plot and concepts are sound and /beautiful/.

And I can't believe I didn't mention this FIRST, but L and Raito? Your portrayal of their relationship and everything about it is just- ugh. I can't even say how flawless and spot-on it is. I was drowning in feelings by the time I finished chapter 14.

Also, I enjoyed the not-L-or-Raito characters. Matsuda was adorable. Jyiva is great, as is Ryuk. Hanaya was... interesting. At least she isn't as prominent as Misa, who I couldn't really like when she was around Light.

Oh, Jesus. That concept was intriguing. I liked it.

Basically, I regret ever beginning to read this but also don't. Made my life 50% better, but also 50% worse. Eh. At least I can reread the 14 chapters again to help shut out my sorrow at it's (probably eternal) WIP state.
dragons-of-the-west chapter 14 . 9/3/2013
What a intriguing story. It's sad to see a story like this disappear. I would have never found it if I weren't going through all the old Death Note stories.
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 14 . 2/7/2013
Six and a half million people…
If Kira wasn't here, would there have been more or less deaths altogether, with crime unhindered by Kira?
"What will happen once you die, Raito-kun?" He paused, blinking. He didn't look back at the other, instead sat down on the sofa again. "I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean."
L doesn't know of Ryuk's words to Light about death of user of Death Note.
"But if we repent for what we do, even the worst criminal can go to heaven." "A mass murderer?"
Raito doesn't ask this because of hope to go to heaven; Raito asks this because Raito considers himself the worst criminal, the condemned soul.
"So it is all in the will of the action?" Raito hummed. Sounded reasonable, but it was still not right. Anyone could say that they were sorry – that didn't mean that they actually were sorry, though.
Words are checked for the truth in them.
Ryuzaki didn't respond. Instead he merely raised one hand to his lips. And he looked… almost… frightened.
Why frightened?
Would Ryuzaki only be able to revive people under those conditions? Were the bodies needed to be intact? Or at least intact enough so that they could be saved under normal circumstances?
L has already told you this. And hospital is probably the closest to purgatory. Or the easiest place to conceal revivals from others.
"Back then, they also allowed a human to revive people, much to the shinigami's dismay."
Jesus?
"For when a name has appeared in the Kiseki, there is no human being that can change the fact that he was going to die…" No human being… Wait.
Raito is a human shinigami, as much as L is human tenshi.
"Supposed to be, yes. But you aren't. And any ordinary human being would at least make sure they didn't manhandle their hair so that it gets damaged."
What do you mean by 'damaged'? And I don't use blow-dryer. Too high risk of fire.
Also, you know that the cure for it is impossible for you to achieve." "In addition, I don't believe that anything is impossible before you've tried and been proved right or wrong."
Thank you, Raito.
"Love… I've never fully understood the feeling…" And then, something clicked. "Have you ever felt something that you don't understand?" It couldn't be that they thought in the same lines? Could it?
Yes, it could.
"And in your case…?" Raito narrowed his eyes slightly. "It's a highly personal thing, Raito-kun, and nothing that I wish to share with you at this time."
Interesting.
"…T-This is a lie." According to the report, they had stolen all the money from the cashier and killed her in the process.
So Kira had been killing almost-innocents all along?
"The tenshi and the shinigami have the same language!" "We do." Jyiva nodded. "After all…" "…-tenshi and shinigami were once the same race."
Sadness.
Unknown – a – unknown – a – unknown – unknown – unknown – a – unknown – t – o.
Unknown – a – unknown – a – unknown – i Raito? Yagami Raito, of course! But why?
Perhaps… perhaps that had changed. Then he blinked, realizing where his thoughts were leading. He wasn't homosexual. He frowned deeply and allowed a small scowl to feature his face.
You are resembling Severus Snape.
He had started to sleep worse, after all – often waking up during the nights – and his paranoia was getting worse again, and it really wasn't helping his head.
Maybe, conflict of your use of Death Note with the blood you had drunk of L.
Hanaya is a stalker, and a stupid one at that.
Y - a – g – a – m – (i) – R – a – (i) – t – o
Finally!
He no longer having the detective around, he was good to talk to and kept things interesting. But his power to revive people… was very inconvenient, for sooner or later someone would find out.
So... If L and Raito fall in love, and both of them become humans once more, will it be suitable?
"L Lawliet is bound to never act upon his affections for Yagami Raito in a way beyond the emotional. L Lawliet agrees to the terms and will know the consequences of breaking the contract."
So what are the consequences, beyond losing tenshi powers? Can the unpleasant part of it be negated by Raito breaking his contract with Ryuk?
Good day, good night, and good luck, L, Light, Raito, Ryuuzaki. Is Jyiva - Ryuk pairing possible? I know, my mind is twisted.
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 5 . 2/7/2013
"Once is once – but everyone gains a second chance."
Will others we awakened? Pein...
"Why are you bringing that woman up? You're not the same."
She doesn't remember. He does.
And who on earth is Jyiva!?
The 'God' connected to concepts of heaven, hell and test?
And before he had any chance to protest or react against the other calling him that name, lips settled over his own only a millisecond before a razor-sharp pain cut through his mind and his vision went blank.
To meet Jyiva, Light has to go through pain of Death?
Not 'God', but tenshi. Tenshi is not necessarily an angel, though; as L himself says, angel is not necessarily good, and shinigami .
"My name is L. L Lawliet."
Funny.
Also, I'm limited. I can only restore a human as long as the soul is able to return to the original body.
So, Kira would destroy criminal's body, so that L wouldn't be able to return soul to it?
"I would think the best solution is a mental institution." Raito said, simply. "There no one would reveal her to the public."
No good. Do you want BB to meet her - if BB is alive?
Good luck, L, Light, Raito, Ryuuzaki.
DaJapican chapter 14 . 10/16/2011
Aw Fuck a Duck! Who come the good stories are never finished? Specially before they have mind blowing man sex! X0 Light is such an arrogant asshole, is it that hard to set aside his damn conquest for his one love. And what is the deal with you leaving it at the contract! Talk about mother fucking suspense, how in the Hell could you be so cruel? So basically Light and Lawiet can't have sex cuz he'll break the contract? Really messed up I say. So you haven't update this story in years which is such a shame...it was getting really good. Not to mention I had good laugh at the way Light was acting like a love struck teen. Oh well *sigh* I have to live without an ending. Love the story btw it was great so ima adding it to favorites. :)
HaleyBopComet chapter 14 . 8/28/2011
Wow... This story is absolutely amazing. I love the excessive detail behind the plot - Like you thought it all out beforehand. It really is one of the most unique stories I've ever read, especially regarding the Death Note fandom. Because of this, I'm really hoping you continue, because I really want to know what happens next! I know it's been a couple of years, but I'm hoping you continue!
kitsune6373 chapter 14 . 8/15/2011
I'm not sure whether you're actually still writing this story, but I really hope you are. Truly I can't wait to see what happens next and I think that this is a brilliant fic. The way that slowly worked up to the yaoi is great, and I think that L and Raito are pretty in character for the most part. Please update if possible!
Larry Letter chapter 14 . 2/17/2011
you won't take long with chapter fifteen? xD

I just hope you are not dead because this is a marvellous fanfiction ans I'm burning to read the next chapter x3

Also I'm curious why you turend L two years older :3

Was it just for Raitos 'slip up' that so world's police force wasn't really led by a teenager? I's like to know

At this sentence "the line drawn over the kanji for god"I clapped my hands and laughed xD

Really liked that xD

Also the "Matsuda, you're a genius" part... proven again that the simple minded often find simpler solutions x3

Pls continue :)