Reviews for Vengeance
Guest chapter 16 . 7/1/2012
Read all of Vengeance and decided this chapter was the best place to write my review: I can't begin to tell you how well you portrayed the fear, the embarrassment and the guilt of child molestation. (It took me 13 years of abuse to speak up.) This was so well written it was... disturbing... if you understand my meaning. (BTW, Thanks for the option to skip a chapter!) Excellent story, Excellent writing -as if I am reading a published book. I would say you wrote Vengeance as well as any of the 'best' you claim are out there. You ARE one of them.
Admiral Lily chapter 12 . 10/16/2010
Everyone has opinions on the validity of Wikipedia but if it sounds good and you can make it work for the story - which you do amazingly - then I say go for it. :D
Admiral Lily chapter 10 . 10/16/2010
I don't think it was getting too complex. It reads very much like an actual episode in regards tot he case and I like that. I also appreciate how you separate out and clearly label the M rated sections. I avoid those scenes myself so thanks for making it easy. Most writers don't.
Leena7 chapter 12 . 12/9/2007
god bless wikipedia.
Alliani chapter 25 . 11/27/2007
really really enjoyed this story, can't wait to get started on rest in the series
Kyrene once Blood Roses chapter 25 . 7/3/2007
Thanks, it just dawned on me that I'm going to need to go back and forth with your pennames and stuff. Very nice, lol. But gladly done, you have a very natural way of writing and I love it!
kateBA chapter 25 . 6/19/2007
I thought this was a richly woven story. I honestly have to say at times it seemed like it was too richly woven with too many players involved. The idea is a good one and your execution of it was definitely original. I think I've commented on Denise before I don't think Bobby had any girlfriends left by the time "Want" came along which just fits right in the timeline I guess. I haven't started on "Lex Talonis" yet so I don't know how this story is going to be resolved. Personally, I don't like a story that says "read the sequel" even though it has been happening a lot lately in popular television. There are a lot of unanswered questions left about the case? For instance if Sara Moreno isn't the mastermind behind the organization then who is and what are they about? It seems to me that this is kind of like a cult that binds people together using the common thread of seeking retribution for being victimized and once they participate in some kind of violence they are sort of stuck in this criminal and psychological mess. I don't like the way you left things with Alex and Bobby. You had some great moments happening with them in the aftermath of the suicide. I know you love to leave them hanging and I have read some of your earlier shorter stories where you do a masterful heartrending job of it. But here it just seemed too obvious. It was sort of like saying "We know the truth, but we're going to act dumb and pretend we don't know what we know." But these two are definitely smarter than that, with them it goes beyond that. So in the end it just came down to don't ask don't tell.
raz0r.girl chapter 25 . 3/30/2007
I like the idea of the server only being up at certain times. I'm glad you're planning a sequel, as I really dug this case, and I'd like to see where else you take it.

As for the descriptive thing... I think you're a wonderfully evocative writer with a distinctive style that I enjoy reading for the sake of your writing as well as for what you do with the characters and your casefiles and the like. I also enjoy that there are so many different styles in amongst our (relatively small in fanfic terms) CI writers' club. I understand being inspired by other writers (you inspire me, for example), but please don't sell yourself short.
gussiegal5 chapter 25 . 3/28/2007
good story I'm a little upset that you didn't get the answer to the case but once I read that you'll probably have a sequel up my joy which isn't very sparky at 1 in the morning attempted to squeal but ended up flat on it's ass. So again good story I enjoyed both the case and the interaction between Bobby and Alex and I can't wait for the sequel
Coney Island chapter 25 . 3/27/2007
I loved it. I love that final confrontation between them in the car. It was perfect.
Secret Phoenix 679 chapter 25 . 3/23/2007
Excellent, just excellent ;) Cant wait for some more stories :)
deliriousdancer chapter 25 . 3/23/2007
This story has held my attention for 25 chapters and I will anxiously wait for the sequel. Poor Bobby has such lousy timing when it comes to Eames. He sees and thinks of her as a woman but only seems able to get close to verbalizing it when she is moving toward someone else. It's kind of like a special toy that you never play with until someone else wants it. I love them anyway. I really dont know what to say about your description of your writing...Thin? I love your wrting. You say so much with just a few perfectly chosen words. When you write the personal, intimate scenes, your are second to none. Your words are tender and sensual. Your characters always ring true and your dialoge reads with the characters voice. I dont call that thin. But then I am a reader, not a writer so I wont assume to understand how you feel about your craft. I will just continue to appreciate it whenever you post.
Scripted Starlet chapter 25 . 3/23/2007
First off:

Rob Snyder-that putz from the beginning of the story? Uggh. Why can't I stop picturing Rob Shneider? Yikes. That's so tragically unfair to Eames.

"Whatever happened to the days when you could track someone by a broken key on a typewriter?"

Amen, brother. All this techno babble is just so-oh, wait. That's right, I'm 21. Seriously, I know that I should embrace how fast this world moves (along with the rest of my generation) but even with my reading the newspaper everyday, I've always felt like I was living in a tailspin. I'd go back in time and all and sleep it out, if it weren't for the lack of women's rights, racial equity, yachta yachta yachta...

Okay, enough sidetracking.

Sequel? O, sequel. Okay, I can wait for resolution. (Sits on hands.) I can.

Er... it'll be a struggle. There will be drabbles, right? Cute ones. To tide me over. :D

And don't you DARE ever go calling your writing thin. You're the primary reason I a) got hooked on CI, b) got hooked on CI fanfic, and c) started writing it myself.

Seriously, E.H., don't go badmouthing one of my fav authors like that.

Keep up the stellar work (when you can and only if you truly feel like it) and enjoy your vacation. It's Spring Break now so we can be mutually lazy on opposite sides of the globe.

Scripted Starlet chapter 24 . 3/23/2007
This chapter made me laugh.

Seriously cute. You have a way with original characters. Make them three-dimensional and then some. And that author's note, of course, made me laugh all the harder.
The Confused One chapter 25 . 3/23/2007
And my heart breaks all over again! LMAO God, they waisted so much time. Yes, I know I'm harping again. Sorry. I'll shut up and be grateful that they got together at all. :D I've loved this story. The ending wasn't what I expected, but that's OK. :D I'm looking forward to your next story. Though this worries me:

It may take a while because, in the shadow of such wonderfully descriptive fanfic authors as Scripted Starlet and pagination, my writing feels thin right now. Or maybe it's always been that way. Whatever the case, I plan to take a break, with maybe an occasional one-shot or drabble here and there.

You are an AMAZING writer. SO much better than mos of the fandom. Seriously. I stand in awe of you, Infinity, Starlet's and some other's talent... Don't feel like you don't measure up. You REALLY REALLY do. I've always loved your stuff.