Reviews for Heart of Gold
arazlam.durai chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
Hi, SerialRavist.

I know it's been years since Final Fantasy Tactics first appeared on PsOne. And just recently, in the PSP. But ever since I played this game back in the PsOne days, I had been so attached to the story of the game, as well as the characters. I think the whole story is brilliant, and you're writing and perspective of how things happened through the eyes of Agrias made it even more amazing. I really love what you did, and I hope you can develop the story more. I'll send you a message about some things that I want to privately talk to you about, mostly in improving the whole story, but I'm certainly not saying that your story is any less complete and great on it's own. Just my thoughts. :) And since it won't be proper to address it here in the review, I'll just send you a message. Anyway, you did a good job of making the story come to life, and I'm your number one fan, no exaggerations! :) Congratulations!
Clockwork time chapter 10 . 11/24/2010
Well hello there friend, I really enjoyed reading your story. Read all of it at once and I have to say it was worth the time.

The way you showed Agrias fit very well with the game and with my own ideas of how she should behave. I loved her consistent comments on the story as it developed.

It was quite lengthy but in the end it seems you cut it short, a short after story really would have been a nice touch.

Thank you very much for your hard work and I look forward to reading your other material.
Guest chapter 10 . 11/15/2010
Well, where to begin?

To start off, I wasn't exactly sure whether the first person narrative would work out well (I've never been a big fan of FPV) but you pulled it off reasonably well. The Agrias we see here is much like the Agrias in the game, or at least as close to the little personality she has there.

I actually don't have too much to comment on until the final two chapters. I have to take issue with your portrayal of Meliadoul; her sudden and ridiculously fast interest in Ramza (even pointed out in the story by Agrias) pretty much screamed that her role was to be nothing more than the obligatory romantic rival, which seriously hurt her character. I could see a much more plausible way to make Agrias insecure in her relationship with Ramza by simply having Meliadoul pouring her heart out to Ramza, especially since they had similar experiences (something bad happened to their younger sibling... family killing family... etc) and such.

However, what was done very well was Agrias's very simple, very unshocking moment of "oh yeah, BTW, I love him." I instantly gravitated to that approach as soon as I read it. Later, I found myself wondering if I should have liked it, but dammit, I did, and that ain't changing.

That being said, I cannot get over the sheer cheese of "can you feel the love in my hands." Seriously? Seriously? LOL...

Finally, the ending. Oh man, was that a depressing ending. But I have to take it as a good sign that the end could affect me that much.

And I'm not even that big a Ramza/Agrias fan but I still stuck with the story all the way through. So that's something there.

I'll be sure to check out your other FFT fanfics as soon as I'm able.
Rannison chapter 2 . 11/12/2010
I can't even begin to describe how amazing your work is! I only hope this will continue to develop, though I see it's marked as complete. I'm a huge fan, and I'd just like to say good job, and keep it up!
HopelessRomanticist chapter 10 . 10/9/2010
Finished it in one sitting, and I have to say it is probably my 2nd favourite FF:T fanfic (after Reluctant Hero). Both this fic and Reluctant have managed to convince me to actually buy this game instead of Crisis Core, so kudos to you for writing well enough to make a sales pitch in how awesome the game is/can be made with good fan writing.

HR needs sleeeeeeeep... one-sitting readthroughs are bad ideas at 2am...
HopelessRomanticist chapter 8 . 10/9/2010
Introduction of THUNDER GOD CID!

Sorry, I should probably get back to reading, but I felt this moment needed special emphasis. 'Cause, you know, the game is broken as of this moment. It's important to highlight that...
Astarael00 chapter 4 . 9/12/2010
I love your characterization of Agrias.
Keotsu chapter 10 . 7/29/2010
...I honestly have no idea where to start in this review.

I guess the best place would be, well, the beginning. I can't remember when or how I came to own a copy of Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, but after doing so, it quickly became one of my favorite games. I was sucked into the story and was unable to put the game down until I beat the game, always looking forward to the next time I was able to turn my PSP on and dive back into such and engrossing story unlike anything I had ever seen.

Like most people do with the protagonist of a game, I grew attached to Ramza and, when I finally reached that part of the game, I liked Agrias as well. There where so many characters that I liked in the game, it would take me a long time to list their names (and go dig them up, since its been so long since I played the game).

Something, recently, (unforeseen to me)pulled me back to the game. As I was thinking about the game, I thought about my favorite "pairing" within the game, and I, naturally, when to Ramza and Agrias. And thus, I came to .

Honestly, (to get it out of the way), the only I didn't like about the story was the ending - but in my opinion, I feel that's only because I was spoiled by a perfect story. Author's are human too.

There was so much in this story I liked. To me, you captured the personality of some characters perfectly, especially with what little we see with them.

I love the way you show Agrias, in that even though she is duty bound and -for the longest time- keeps that in the forefront of her mind, she is human and has emotions.

Though I was surprised to see Ramza so...incompetent surprised me, but once he came back with his old battalion, it made perfect sense to me, and it almost seemed to fit the context of the game to me, as it didn't seem that Ramza became more of the hero we actually see until the point he did so in your story.

For some reason, I liked that fact that you mentioned the job system; it brought a bit of diversity (and for some reason [to me] humor) to the story. Humor was a welcome and rare object in FFT.

The development of the characters was perfect as well - the little "incident" between Ramza and Lavian was a great show of things that we, as the player, where left free to tinker with. I don't think anyone who has played the game has thought that the characters in their party were simply limited to "team-mates" in their connections to each other. Here, again, you show that they are human, they interact, and they grow close to the people they are around.

And for some odd reason, the "bolt-out-of-the-blue" method in which Agrias realized that she did, in fact, love Ramza, was perfect.

Honestly, at this point I feel like I'm just restating things. I doubt that even if I sat here for hours and racked my brain, I wouldn't be able to list everything I liked about this story.

This was an amazing story - perfectly written, and a great take on an already amazing tale.

I came back night after night to read this, looking forward to being able to see how the story unfolded; the same eagerness I held when playing the video game.

This is one of the very best stories - fan fiction or not, published, professional or otherwise - that I've ever had the pleasure to read.

I simply cannot give enough praise.

So, I won't.

Thank you. That's the best I can think of; thank you for writing this, and letting us read such a great tale, and the sixty some odd reviews of this story don't do it justice - there should be ten times that.

Sorry if I'm dragging on.

This is a perfectly written story, one that I see myself coming back to in the future to read - and one that I'll enjoy doing so to.

Thank you for writing this masterpiece.
d-boyz chapter 10 . 7/4/2010
Simply the best FFT fancfiction out here, you really do great job.
Gladiara Alata chapter 10 . 5/13/2010
your story is very well written and i think you capture agrias' character nicely.

are you going to continue it?
Aramtyth chapter 10 . 4/8/2010
This was a damn good story, I really feel that you captured Agrias in the fullest. I have always been fond of this pairing and the only thing I wished to see was an aftermath chapter. Took me close to a week to read this and I was hooked every time I loaded the web page. Thank you. As a side note, i'm not going to lie, i felt the ending was a tad lacking, but that could very well just be my own feelings towards the overall picture.
Jimbobob5536 chapter 10 . 1/14/2010
You certainly don't end your stories with the conventional happy ending.

Just finished this and finished 'Iceman' a few days ago. Definitely different from most endings, although they do fit better with Tactic's own ending.

Great story.
Adventure Seeker chapter 6 . 9/12/2009
Is it just me, or does Strawberry kind of seem like Lulu from Final Fantasy 10?
Anon chapter 10 . 8/1/2009
You've written a wonderful story. Thank you.
nexusmaster chapter 6 . 6/4/2009
Very, very good writing. This breathes life into the Tactics tale, a very fine job. The chapters are nice and long, well detailed, and the characters are colorful and believable. It's stories like this that makes me wish had a bookmark feature.
99 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »