Reviews for Shades of Gray
legrowl chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
I really wish you would continue this story-it has a lot of promise. I like this concept, and it really should play nicely into Dean's black and white view, and Maria seems like an interesting character...What do you do when your monster is killing the bad men too?

Please continue this!
livengoo chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
Not many serial killers are women. Even fewer leave animal hair when they kill. Or possibly WHILE they kill. So when is a serial killer not a serial killer? When it's something else.

Goo

PS - where's part 2?

PPS - Emily would probably freak. Might have preferred a more physical, present-tense look at how she responds - that cold, dizzy, disbelief. And why don't any of the TV shows or novels or stories I've read mention that bodies smell. STRONGLY. Before they decompose. They smell like shit, piss and blood. I like Maria's physicality - I'd only suggest extending it through the rest of the story, to other characters, so their worlds are as fully real as hers.
namjai chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
Nice job of establishing characterization of Maria, and even Jack and Emily, in such a short amount of time - you let me get to know enough about them to make me curious for more.

As such, I'd say the author's note about Maria was unnecessary: You already gave us hints of that in the story itself, and then you can continue to illuminate who and what she is as the tale progresses. Trust your storytelling and the ability of your reader to put the clues together! (In a similar way, L.K.L. would be best explained in the story, not an author's note.)

All in all, an intriguing beginning!
friendly chapter 1 . 11/19/2006