Reviews for David versus Whitmore
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 4/7/2014
I really enjoyed this story. I was always curious about the circumstances of David punching the president, and your take on it works very well.
BLUEMOON chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
I absolutely loved it! I was laughing throughout the whole story. You portrayed everyone perfectly.
Frust-sheep chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
Thank you for this deleted scene of the movie. ;D *lol* I really enjoyed this. Great work! :)
shialuvr222 chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
Ahahaha, I love it! Excellent writing - I could see everything happening - and wonderful character depiction. Jeff Goldblum is one of my favorite actors anyway, and he was a pure joy to watch in Independence Day :D
Celtic Ceilidh chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Jeff Goldblum is hot in Independence Day! I don't think he's gangly or strange looking at all. Dark skin, big brown eyes and that science geek knowledge is also a guilty turn on, haha. Love his relationship with his crazy old Jewish dad in that film, too.

As for this story, yes it's a good oneshot! Bill Pullman's smug, slimey President Whitmore gets on my nerves in the film. If anyone deserves to punch his lights out, it's David Levenson/Jeff! Well done on giving us a backstory to that incident.
hippielicious chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
and of course we all know that she comes running back to him, only after he's saved the world and become a hero. not when he's his normal self. great writing, and i loved the silk underwear.
movieholic chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
I am oh, so very glad that this was as well written as it was. Honestly, I was hesitant to open it up after the summary intrigued me, because I didn't want to be disappointed. But you did not disappoint. This was fantastic! Everyone was in character, the writing was superb, and this whole thing was brilliant! Great work!
Jesusrocks chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! This is too funny and kind of how I pictures that fight taking place! Thanks for writing this little gem :D And happy independence day!
becca85 chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
RitM -

I loved this story! You nailed the characters of David, Thomas and Connie perfectly. Every time I watch the movie, I've always wanted to learn the story behind "the punch," and now I have one fan's version of it-which is about what I imagined it to be. You did a fantastic job! Keep up the great work!

- Becca
LA Suka chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
It was kinda funny and sad cause everyone knows what happens next. Hope you write more.
My Lady Vader chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
Awesome! I love David. And I don't think he looks gangly...and I love Jeff Goldblum's acting in this movie. Great story!
TaintedAngel26 chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
Excellent! Faved by me. I like both Tom and David in the film-it's gotta be my fave film of all time. Nice work and luv ya David! Oh, and Whitmore too. Don't flame me for that, folks.
ml101 chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
i really ove independence day and i hope that this site would finally give it it's on sub-category and not just being stuck here in the miscellaneous movies. i love your take on what had happened.
spacedout86 chapter 1 . 12/21/2007
Great job!

Poor David though, it must have been really awkward when he found out he was wrong. lol, nice fic
Magical Me chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Nice job! I recently saw the film again, as well, and was intrigued by this side-story. Nice take on it!

Cheers,