Reviews for Long Road Home
Aurelia99 chapter 1 . 5/31
A lovely story about friends we all know from somewhere...
I always enjoy these kinds of AU's when the characters are themselves, eventhough in a different setting.
Thanks for sharing!
KidKneeGirl chapter 1 . 5/23
Hi Sholio - Nearly ten years later, and this story is still one of my favorites! I know its been awhile; I've started re-reading the old stories I considered my favorites (back when I used to write FF), and yours is the first I've read. As always, well-written, in character, super pacing and fun, fun fun! I hope your tackling Lucifer! Kudos. Peg
Moi chapter 1 . 3/30
Nice one. Though it's a shame about the disabilities.
There was that fic somewhere where Rodney works for the SGC and they repeatedly get some kind of energy spikes all over the country. Turns out it's John (I don't remember if the Air Force thought him to be dead or not) who was given this ring by some old man in Afghanistan. The ring was some kind of Ancient healing device.
I'd love to see your characters stumble upon something similar, be it e.g. something once given to Teyla or something found on the grounds of the ranch, as after all the Ancients did leave stuff lying around on Earth before and after and must have had more than that one measly outpost in Antarctica) with the result that a) John gets better and b) Rodney's scientific mind starts to explore the technology.
Well done!
Moi
TheVirtuoso chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
Awe that was sooo sweet. I think I got a cavity reading the ending.
But really, I enjoyed it a lot. I can just see the four of them (with Ronan) retiring to the little no horse town. Maybe with the four they'd get a couple of horses for Ronan and John as a form of therapy and a cat or two for Tayla and Rodney. (this being head canon now for me, injury and all.)
Do you think you'll right a second chapter/sequel in which Ronan gets there?
Terry Kay chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
Really enjoyed it. Very well written. Thank you!
taris chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
I tend to avoid AU fics but there have been 3 or 4 that I've really enjoyed and this is one of them.
Molto Bene chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Oooohhh I loved it : ) very, very nice
Lasach chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
Your story was the perfect mixture between humor, action, drama, and all that other sappy emotional stuff. Excellent, absolutely fantastic.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Yay, I love it! It was a very interesting AU. Though, I think I'm going to go back to Altantis now. Hmmm...go to the next story!
WickedBlue chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Awe, that was great. I really love your AU and it was neat to read something different for once.

Thanks for writing it :)
Tari Roo chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
Honestly, I would not have figured McKay for the law enforcement type... yet you made it work, beautifully.

I could see Teyla as an illegal, desperate, in need but it was an interesting choice, so very different from her confidence and poise.. yet it worked to perfection

John was the most believable - an angry, loner veteran - in desperate need of a friend and family. But what I loved most was his confidence in his own abilities and uncertainity in dealing with others. that and the motorcycle chase!

I would have liked more Ronon - but then ... i would have liked more of this AU too. thanks for the excellent AU. truly excellent
AnickaMarie chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
Sometimes it is hard to write a good AU but you've done a great job! I could still see the original characters but with the changes to them that your different circumstances and the absence of the Stargate created. I really enjoyed reading this fic.
superchargedfreakyahoo.com chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
Love the story... that's all I can think of right now. Love it and please continue writing fics for SGA
a-non-mouse chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
Hey, absolutely fantastic story, Sholio :) You did a wonderful job staying true to the characters, and the back drop was superb. I love the way the story flows so well, and your descriptions of each scene were awesome. I hope that one day you will consider writing a sequel, with Teyla's brother Ronon ...

Thanks so much for sharing!
Sterenyk Strey chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
Oh, that was so poignant. A truly heartwarming AU. Oh, how I miss the team... *sigh* Thank you for sharing!