Reviews for The Witches of Oz
So Anyway chapter 5 . 4/8/2010
I am LOVE LOVE LOVING this so far. It's so expansive and descriptive, really enthralling. :) Can't wait to see where you take this! And the Fiyeraba this chapter was so cute!
JollyRoger1 chapter 27 . 3/11/2010
I am very much enjoying this story. I really look forward to seeing how everything works out in the end.
Kennedy Leigh Morgan chapter 27 . 2/25/2010
I like how Elphaba teaches me new and big words like: vituperative

and: prevaricate .

So random (slightly) question. Is your version of Arjiki/Quadling tradition based at all in Australian Aboriginal type things? The 'dream time' comment reminded me of it.

Oh Oh I know what the dream ending with the sun thing reminded me of! It's from Scott Keys 'Dancing', but I'm not sure if you did it on purpose or not. Either way cool.

I gotta say I like when Elphie is livid at Morrible (or anything for that matter) it's so much fun. And I like how Kh'ya's kinda going all wide-eyed-where-in-Oz-did-she-learn-THAT-phrase. It's a good moment for my imagination.
Kennedy Leigh Morgan chapter 26 . 2/25/2010
It's not plagiarism if you attribute it lol.

"I hope you won't take it the wrong way when I say that, this being the case, I do not want to see you again for a very long time." -Marry me? I think I love you.

"The dream will finish when the sun comes up won't it?" -Is that from something? It's setting off cross-reference alarm bells in my brain. Mind you, pretty much everything does that. Ooh ooh but it is big time, it's got tuneage and everything. Now if I could only figure out which it is...pants.

Nice goodbye scene. Once again you've capture them perfectly...the right sentimentality and banter and love that is so special to best friends like them. I really like that it's in a dreamscape as opposed to in real life. It's a nice change from the usual 'For Good' rewrites without losing the impact of the scene.
Kennedy Leigh Morgan chapter 25 . 2/25/2010
Ooh more excellent imagery, LOVE the Animal vigil at the very end -moving stuff.

I think my capacity for squicky violence has exponentially increased after watch Spartacus. But again, it's a good thing you let me peek at the crystal ball, otherwise I might very well be heading up the mob -more for lack of being able to sneak a read of the last page than anything else mind, because I admit I kind of liked the...mojo? can't think of words right now- of Boq going to town on her. I think it's funny (in the ironic way) that somebody who really views himself as a sweet victim can be convince himself to be such a scumbucket when he wants to be. Gotta say, I laughed at the shiny/glowy Boq too. Poor metal man.

Moving on...
Kennedy Leigh Morgan chapter 24 . 2/25/2010
Dude! You rock!

That pretty much covers what I have to say but I'm going to ramble on a bit to hear myself type (what can I say I like the clicky noise).

This meshes so well with both the musical and The Wizard of Oz movie! I love it. The imagery of Morrible's vision of the Tinman spattered with the Witches blood is delightfully gruesome as well. It's a good thing you told me what's gonna happen though, otherwise I'd be after you with a torch and pitchfork...or bucket of water, whichever you prefer.

Loving your characterization of Dorothy, don't know if I've mentioned that before or at least recently but she's the perfect blend of farmgirl innocence and good common sense that gets misguided in too many stories.

I also like the sense of foreboding that lingers throughout the chapter. I think that's another thing that's sometimes very hard to capture in writing without bashing people over the head with it and you, my dear, handle it very well.

Gleefully onto the next...
perdyflower chapter 27 . 2/15/2010
This story is fantastic I really hope you update it soon
ElaTheStoryteller chapter 27 . 2/9/2010
Wow. I finished reading of Chapter 27 and I just have to compliment you, TheWickedWitchOfOz. I am not big fan of fanfictions, but when its well written and characters are behaving like themselves, I can spend hours reading it...

I read all chapters of this story of yours and I would never finished reading if it wasnt good. The basic thought of Dorothy meeting Elphie before Glinda is certainly interesting and I must say that I like the way you portrayed Dorothy - as sweet, nice and smart girl who would be probably friend with (musical) Elphie (And I really see her as Judy Garland :-).

You also portrayed very well Fiyero and Elphaba and their relationship. I like their talks, teasing and arguing because I do believe that their relationship would be the most certainly like that. I especially enjoyed the chapters with his family, I had a lot of laughing and giggling while reading that. The theme with Fiyeros dead wife was definitely well-written although I cannot quite imagine young Fiyero as a husband and almost farther and I find it kind of strange. But you used that theme wisely so its ok with me.

What I must admire is your art to develop and lead the story if you know what I mean. You started a game with already developed characters and you managed to lead them through the story without losing their sincerity and you built a story which gradually grows stronger with every page. I just hope you will manage to "control" it to the very end.

Of course I enjoyed lines from musical as well as accidental quotes for the other films. You managed to transform the songs from the musical to spoken (well, written) word very well (for example the case of the hole Wicked Witch of the East scene).

Kh’yas line in the Chapter 14 about being "far more free than any ‘civilised’ Queen” reminded me something what said Mariko in Clavells Shogun. I wonder if you read it or it was just a coincidence.

Please dont lose sight of (oops i am quoting ;) the main thoughts of your story and lead it wisely to the end. I guess you must deal with the conflict between Morrible and Glinda now as well as with the destiny of all Oz.

Please, remember that youre writing a fanfiction. I know that book Wicked ends rather bad and the finale of the musical is bittersweet but I think that we all (readers) as well as the characters just for a once deserve (after dangers untold and hardships unnumbered) a well-written happyend. I really speak for the very bright happyend with GlindaElphieFiyero reunited and Wizard and Morrible defeated for good (oops quoting again :).

Thank you for this story of yours it really made my day.
Strange Romance chapter 27 . 2/3/2010
I haven't reviewed this one yet! How slack of me.

As usual, I love it - you've taken the story to such a great place and it's so fresh and exciting and dramatic! This chapter is great especially because it's succinct, you've encompassed all the vital stuff really nicely; I think the concept could've been a little ruined if it had dragged out for pages; you got the length right and also the method is wonderful - much nicer than "and then she came back to life all of a sudden, with no problems at all - ta da!"

I'm really looking forward to the next instalment :D
lizziemagic chapter 27 . 2/1/2010
I'm confused... lol all I know is she's alive and I'm HAPPY!
lizziemagic chapter 26 . 1/23/2010
NO! IT CAN'T END LIKE THIS! THEY CAN'T BE DEAD! NO!
SingingthruLife chapter 25 . 1/22/2010
I won't lynch you, I need to know what happens next! Excellent chapter... D
lizziemagic chapter 25 . 1/22/2010
Let me take a moment to scream and vent. ELPHIE NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO! ok vent over. Thanks for updating again so fast! lol I found the last A/N super funny!
HiddenMusic chapter 25 . 1/22/2010
I'm thrilled this update came so quickly! It took me by surprise~ But I loved it!

Poor Elphaba...This is what she gets for doing the world good...

Update soon!

~Music
GoldnWlf chapter 25 . 1/22/2010
I've always thought that Boq was a good person inside. However, there is truly a rage in him that does not deserve forgiveness. The fact that he chose to beat Elphaba to death instead of quickly killing her (even though I don't want her dead!) makes him a nonredeemable character in my eyes. I'm looking forward very much to your next chapter. Hopefully Dorothy will be ok. I'm definitely waiting for that miracle to occur.
214 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »