Reviews for As Butterflies is Cargo
A-blackwinged-bird chapter 1 . 11/30/2006
I love the imagery, although now I ache for Dean. The poor boys... I adore the laundrymat scenes. So poetic and bitersweet.

Excellent job,

emily
Carikube chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
Wow! Just... wow! I love it. I don't quite understand it, but that is exactly why I love it. I can interpret this exactly as I please, according to my own perceptions, and I dare to say that I will neither be right nor wrong.

Once again, your writing is stunning. Superbly evocative and deliciously haunting with an underlaying tone of something not being right.

The idea that if both parties feel the same degree of emotion that they cancel each other out. There is something bitterly haunting in that. Makes me wish I'd studied philosophy, makes me think maybe I should. :wink:

What I find deeply upsetting however is that this story may have been prompted by the loss of your jump drive. As someone who carries her own fiction on such a little device (and has had an experience of those key chains just randomly breaking) I sympathize with your pain. It gives me chills, actually. I don't think I would be quite so calm if I were in your situation. I do hope you can find the strength to recreate those chapters you have lost - or better still, you find the pesky little jump drive. It can't have gone far, surely!
gaelicspirit chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
That was intriguing. It was one of the first accounting of one of the boys' dreams that actually sounded like a dream. Dreams never make sense. I like how you posed the "can you dream that you're sleeping" question.

And, for some reason I really liked that they were at the laundromat. They never do that. Like real-life stuff. Very nice. Thanks for freeing up precious brain-space. Now it's filling mine...
Ginger Ninja chapter 1 . 11/22/2006
Fantastically surreal. Loved it :)

GN
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
Awesome. Catch ya on the flip side.
Starliteyes17 chapter 1 . 11/19/2006
I loved this. The style was incredibly unique, but it worked very well in the context of the story. I like how you showcase each of the boy's strengths in very ordinary situations - Sam's optimism, Dean's fortitude, Sam's thoughtfulness, Dean's groundedness. For such a short piece, it works wonders stylistically and emotionally.

And the ending? Perfectly subtle and yet very resounding. I loved it.