Reviews for Sentimentality
Seisyll chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
Ohh, this was a while ago, wasn't it? So I'm guessing your writing has improved leaps and bounds. However, I do think this story is well written anyway. It's not too complex and it flows nicely, for the most part. I especially like how you painted your imagery. I can almost see a pining teenager sitting in his bed late at night, just thinking, having the light of the night sky shine on him. I loved how you used "moon beams tangled" and "canvas of the starry night sky". I liked how you mentioned his father, as well. It gives the feel that you wrote him more in character. Ermm, and you did write him in character, I believe. (It's been too long since I've last seen the anime, hahahh). I've always thought there was more too him than the depicted in the anime. Your mon ami/son ami word play was cute. And of course, you mentioned him as being the sadistic Shadow King he is. Heh. I enjoyed reading this, thanks for sharing the link. (: (ArthurianDream)
Ginnya chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
I like this, I really like this
Scherherazade chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
Well written. It just pulled at my heart strings. I love Kyoya... Haruhi should too. (lol)
bleudonne chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
Lovely prose... very well-written. Would love to read more Kyou/Haru from you!
Super Sheba chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Wow, Z. Just wow.

I mean that in a good way. I really feel you captured Kyouya's character. I think his mental battle between his weakness and his best friend is well written and incredibly realistic. I think this piece really captures your writing style. It's so beautifully written and it flows in such a lovely manner.

The play on mon ami is great as well. :D
piwqefjk chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
I love his thoughts, and the ending was brilliant. Very Kyouya xD
Oportet chapter 1 . 1/11/2007
Wow. Oh, my gosh, wow. I had just finished crying over the last episode again, and now you throw this at me! Not fair.

I've always been a Tamaki/Haruhi shipper, down to the core. But that shipper has a twin. An equally powerful twin. And it's name is Kyouya/Haruhi.

Both those shippers are crying and rejoicing at the same time, and I don't know what to do! Gwah!

Oh, sorry. Talking about YOUR story, now. Oh, my gosh, wonderfully well written, and I really admire the way you put Kyouya's wonderful personality into words. I can't do that. Very subtle actions, maybe, but not words. I'm a visual person, you see.

Gah, I got back to me again, didn't I? Gomen nasai. -'

Mayonnaisse
TheHamsterInMyMind chapter 1 . 12/27/2006
That was GREAT! Really, that was good... it fit into his character.
Suraika chapter 1 . 12/2/2006
this is nice.. the way you describe Kyouya was really compelling.. and the way you proficiently used all the words to bring out the unrequited love of this pairing.. but with a little hope, it may bear fruit.. XD make more KyouHaru
Zomfi chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
Romantic and moving :')

It's a really good image you gave here, maybe the best
TooSweet4Words chapter 1 . 11/23/2006
1) Decent? Yep.

2) Not-so-Decent? No.

I love the way you wrap up the story and sort of bring it all back down to Earth with that last part, it sounded so typical of him. Great work.
KatsyKat chapter 1 . 11/21/2006
How WONDERFUL! I think you captured our over-analytical Kyouya perfectly! I just finished devouring this series, and this is my FIRST Host Club fic I've read. I think you kept it perfectly in perspective and have thought, more than once, that perhaps Kyouya is a better match than Tamaki considering Haruhi's intellect and their (Haruhi & Kyouya's) many "asides" which put them more on an equal level.
Sunny38 chapter 1 . 11/21/2006
Nice. I like! the silent love of kyouya... :)
Houtori chapter 1 . 11/21/2006
Neat! I like the way you showed a different side of Kyouya which, personaly I feel does exist. Keep up the good work!
Rangerette chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
Personally, I love it! but I think you should write more.