Reviews for Naruto: Legacy of the Hokages
sanguine august chapter 2 . 1/27
Why did I bother posting that? This was last updated in 2009...
sanguine august chapter 1 . 1/27
I'm not trying to hate just giving constructive criticism.

While it is good and well written, I couldn't get passed the beginning. It is a reselling of a BUNCH of stuff that anyone who is reading naruto FF already knows. The whole intro is skip-able. This reselling of things we already know is used WAY to many times to start stories on FF and I wish it would stop. It doesn't progress the story, it doesn't keep the reader interested, and it is completely unoriginal. All it does is solve the intro problem. And it's a cheap way to do it.

I know it is hard but please try to think of a more interesting intro.

Once again, not trying to be mean, only giving advice. And if you like it how it is that is absolutely fine too. I've just seen a LOT of stories with very similar intros.
toofine89 chapter 13 . 12/7/2014
It 's a shame you stopped writing. Your story has been highly entertaining so far and I am left hoping for more. But I just wanted you to know I appreciate your work.
Naruto2Uzumaki1Namikaze chapter 13 . 10/21/2014
great chapter and please if you decide their will be pairings please dont choose Hinata because their are so many fics on her and naruto it just gets boring no matter how good the story is make like an OC or something I would have kept the Kaguya girl alive and when it came to the shippuden part or even before i would have paired naruto up with her but all well
KagomeGirl021 chapter 9 . 10/11/2014
This has been so very well written! PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE SOON! it has been well over 5 and 1/2 years since the last update. i truly wish to know how this will end and if naruto will meet more people in the shinzui hashi and so much more! PLEASE PLEASE write more!
Guest chapter 6 . 9/14/2014
I stopeed reading the story once kakashi thought that naruto would help people who spat on lol thats why I like dark naruto better
Angelix.onix.luna chapter 1 . 3/9/2014
Cool
Guest chapter 13 . 8/15/2013
When are you gonna update already?
Naruto Namikaze chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
Holy shit this is actually better than the anime and manga
Alex Edwards chapter 13 . 5/22/2013
Though some might not believe this, this is the author of this story. The Lysander45 account was tied to an old email address which was hacked. The password was altered, and I have been unable to really get onto this account and do updates. It is a little humbling to see people are still interested in this story, so I will try and get back online somehow.

In the profile I mention I was at University. Well work for my degree took precedence and I have not worked on any new material in a long time. It still exists though, in a folder on my laptop hard drive which I check on every now and then.

I am currently entering the 3rd semester of a Masters degree with the intention of becoming a full time writer. Because of my increasingly higher personal standards, I have begun to make plans to once again reboot this series. I want to adhere to the core of the source material and make my twist as believable as possible, which takes time and tweaking. But this is and always has been a side-project, a hobby I do to calm my nerves. Rest assured if I can get this ball rolling again, new content shall come.

This is Alex Edwards, age 24, thanking you all for reminding me why I started this thing.
Guest chapter 12 . 3/11/2013
When are you going to get around to the next update?
Maigoyume chapter 3 . 3/4/2013
Hey, just wanted to let you know to check your figures for Naruto's funds, since the life savings of each member for an entire clan compounded over hundreds of years not including interest should amount to much more than a six figure bank account. Especially if the family were as important as the Namikazes in the story.

Thanks,

Maigoyume
Guest chapter 6 . 1/12/2013
You have a good story concept,but you tend to go way overboard on relatively unimportant details, particularly concerning buildings and landscape. While that didnt particularly help draw me into your story, it also wasnt near enough to quit. That said, i had strong doubts when your Naruto's reaction to all the revelations was to become more focused being Hokage. I get forgiving Dad, but i would think that newly awakened intelligence, combined with a first encounter of parental love and a chance to finally gain power, money, knowledge, and generally fix his life... Well, i would think with all that he might change his goal to something like not serve and then die for the vast majority who hate me.
That said, i pushed past that too, even though it was harder. But in chapter 5, Kakashi breaks into his house, and is about to Forcibly break into a lockbox/safe containing some very important scrolls and his Father's Will, (I would underline that if I could) and his reaction is to open up to him as soon as mother is mentioned. Opens up about everything. To the man who just broke into his house, room, and safe. And on the mommy subject, ever since she flew by in spirit world, where it very strongly indicated she was ready to meet, she hasn't reappeared. Despite Naruto going back several times.
But really, the Kakashi break_in followed by the soul-baring of Naruto killed it for me. I have now stopped reading halfway through chapter five, and will not be resuming this fic.
To be fair, you also have some points of significant skill in your writing. Ghe attention to detail which I thought less than ideal in describing locations, came into play beatifully for the fight scenes during the bell test.
He-Who-Is-Bored chapter 5 . 12/30/2012
Naruto seems way too good. From the insertion of Kakashi's interior monologues, there is little credence to the idea him holding back to more than special jonin level. Couple this with the included timespan being insufficient for such improvement and everything suddenly working out, and you get a rapidly deteriorating story structure.
He-Who-Is-Bored chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Some of the gramatical elements could use work, and pay attention to the tenses of modifiers. Other than that, fantastic work.