Reviews for A World Without Lois Lane
Laura chapter 26 . 4/16/2009
I know a million people have said it but this story really was awesome to read. I don't think I've read a fanfic that's really explored lois in this way; it's changed my view on clois dramatically. I liked the couple but now I think I'm a huge fan. You really described lois perfectly and I have a much bigger respect for her because now I understand just the kind of woman she is but also her role, so massive, as Clark's love. Awesome read.
lotusCloud chapter 26 . 2/18/2009
wow loved the entire story!
Thedivinesecretsof chapter 4 . 1/27/2009
aw poor lois! whats hapened to her?
JustBNMe chapter 26 . 12/31/2008
Wow! This one one of the best Smallville stories I have ever read. I could not stop reading from the first chapter until I reached the end.

It was absolutely amazing! You're a very talented and gifted writer.
Natalie s chapter 26 . 12/4/2008
Wow! Had a brilliant time reading this fic, great plot, very well written. Only bad thing I can think of is the fact that I couldn't stop reading, despite the fact that it is now past 3am!

Anyway, thanks for writing this fab fic!
metaphor chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
This story was incredible. I couldn't stop reading and it brought me to tears a couple of times. Beautifully executed, and certainly much richer than Tempus Anyone. I loved this, and will be reading it again, for sure. It's quickly become one of my absolute favorite fics in this verse. Thank you. I look forward to reading the sequel.
Jade4813 chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
Regarding the previous post...

I recognize the point being made and so to clarify...

Yes, there are elements of TH and DC in this fic, as there are in all of my Smallville fics that are set in the future (as this is a couple of years). This is for the very logical reason that I consider TH and DC to have essentially played the adult versions of the characters ED and TW are playing now, and so it makes sense that in the future, the characters would be a mixture of their present Smallvillian and future LnC-ian selves.

I have also, on more than one occasion I am sure, used the term "galactically stupid" as pertains to Lois as an inside joke for those fans who know from where it originates. I think a lot of fans probably do this, it seems, just because that was such a great line. However, yes, it does come from LnC so for those who don't know that, proper credit is now given. (I don't footnote my stories as a general rule and, frankly, the terms is used so often in Superman fanfics of any kind, at least as I've come across, that it's something I use without really thinking about the original source any longer. As I'm sure do many. It does come from LnC however.)

As for the plot itself...there I am afraid I cannot give credit to LnC. Unlike with "The Murder of Clark Kent" - which was inspired by (as I have admitted) an LnC episode - "This Old Gang of Mine" - this story was not. There may have been an LnC episode like it - as the reviewer has now kindly reminded me - but as I have not seen that episode since its original air date, it was not the inspiration for the fic. Nor do I dare say is the idea of Lois going to a world in which she's dead a particularly original one in the land of fanfic, as original as I try to be. ;)

Any similarities to the LnC episode (whatever its title, and I'm afraid I actually don't know) was unintentional by the author in this case - or else I assure you, I would have owned up to it, as I did with "The Murder of Clark Kent." I simply engaged in a conversation with my friend in which the question was posed whether Lois realizes the impact that she's had on making Clark the man he is...which led to a discussion of the impact she's had on the man he is...which led to a discussion of what would have happened if she never met Clark or came to Smallville. Which led to this story.

The coincidence that he is engaged to Lana in both worlds actually surprised me but is not, in the end, all that remarkable given that this IS a Smallville story and until this season, Lana was the only long-lasting relationship (ha ha) that Clark has had on the show. For a variety of reasons - but mostly for the drama, I admit ;) - I wanted Clark to be engaged. (Actually, in the original draft, he and Lana were married. My beta wisely talked me down from that ledge by pointing out the irreparable story twist it would have been). Because I concluded that Chloe would never have come to Smallville if Lois had died at 16 (both for dramatic purposes and also to show how Lois has had an impact on others in her life - a subject I tried to touch on briefly for all of her family, including Lucy), Clark either had to be engaged to Lana or an OC. I don't do OCs as a general rule, so Lana it was - as hard as that was for me to admit.

Looking at some episode reviews online, however, it seems that Lana in LnC was a much different character than Lana on Smallville, which is the Lana in the story.

So, in summary, to address the point made...I appreciate the comments, and thank you for pointing out that "galactically stupid" came from LnC. I'll try to remember to tag that in future in an A/N but given its prevalence and the fact that the number of fanfics I've read in my life have implanted that term fairly deep inside my brain, I can't guarantee I'll be a success. However, for anyone who reads my fanfics, you will likely find that there is quite a bit of TH/DC characterization in my future fics. It has been noted in particular that this is present in "Year of a Relationship" and has been openly admitted by me as being intentional on my part. I don't necessarily think about it when I write, but I always hope to write my characters in a way that you could see ED growing up to be TH (with some minor alterations for SV universe) and TW growing up to be DC (ditto). Otherwise, I assume that I have failed as a writer.

Any similarities in the plot IN THIS INSTANCE to an LnC episode was strictly coincidental and unintentional on my part. LnC was neither my inspiration nor, in fact, even in my mind when I came up with the plot of this fic. I was simply taking a conversation and running with it - and, admittedly, trying for originality it seems I did not entirely attain. ;) It also seems I need to actually get around to watching LnC again, as I haven't seen the show past mid S2 since the series originally aired a decade or so ago. (*sigh* Has it been that long?)

Having said all that, if you have not watched LnC, I highly recommend it.
superpan chapter 26 . 10/17/2008
I really enjoyed this fic; I thought it was a great read. However, since it was listed as a Smallville fic, I do think it should have been disclaimed that there was a really, really heavy dosage of Lois and Clark too. The plot was a retelling of one the story arcs of Lois and Clark where Lois goes to an alternate dimension where the other Lois is missing and presumed dead, where Clark does not use his powers and is unhappily engaged to Lana Lang, and is inspired by Lois to become a hero to his reality. The Daily Planet scenes were definitely of the flavor of Lois and Clark, especially Perry (Chief), and you even use the classic Tempus phrase "galactically stupid" to describe Lois Lane. I just thought the Lois & Clark stuff should have gotten the same disclaimer that Smallville automatically gets by this being a Smallville fic, since many of your readers may never have seen Lois & Clark.
WaffleNinja chapter 26 . 10/13/2008
Oh... wow. Just... wow.

I've just finished reading this story, and I am in complete shock. I literally have tears in my eyes right now, it was so amazing. Clark's infirmity, Johnathan's confessions, the last thing Lois uttering to alternate-dimension Clark... what a great story.
girlinflux chapter 26 . 9/1/2008
Wow, just wow. I cried and cried and totally loved it. I read the entire thing without stopping because it was just that touching and poignant and just wow. Lois is written so awesome, exactly like she really is and alternate universe Clark was just so sad. You made an improbably premise really ring true. I've really enjoyed all your stories but this one takes the cake so far. Thanks!
lavender chapter 26 . 6/22/2008
what happens to clark in the alternate reality.
Cornorama chapter 26 . 6/20/2008
Wow, that was just an all around great story. Thank you so much.
Cornorama chapter 25 . 6/20/2008
I was going to wait till I finished to review but I had to say something, Lois's exchange with her father literally moved me to tears. That isnt something that often happens.
killinguwithumbrellas chapter 26 . 5/30/2008