Reviews for Free Enterprise
4thSmalley chapter 16 . 5/24/2014
I love it, the idea of a sentient ship is an interesting one, and I love it that the ship fights back!
StarfleetCmdr42 chapter 16 . 1/9/2011
I really enjoyed this story! The characters were well written, and the plot was brilliant. It was a perfect combination of humour and serious story-telling, which I loved!
myvoicegivesmesuperstrength chapter 16 . 4/14/2008
WOW! WAYWAYWAYWAYCOOL! Those last few chapters are so deep! I love it, just LOVE it! This story is so amazing, and I can't think why I put off reading it for so long!

GOOD WORK!
myvoicegivesmesuperstrength chapter 11 . 4/14/2008
WAY COOL! I love the idea of a sentient computer bullying the Romulans! Liarka finally got out of the holodeck? Darn...

The nanites were extremely clever. How did they get on the Warbird?

I LOVE THIS STORY!
myvoicegivesmesuperstrength chapter 6 . 4/13/2008
This chapter was SO COOL! I love that bit at the end with the mysterious saboteur directing nanites and sabotaging the ship! I love it! Good job!
Shaharazod chapter 16 . 4/1/2008
I just finished this story and I hated to see it end! It was "that good"! This story was extremely well-writen and held my interest to the very end! I know I'm not supposed to rush the author, but I sense a sequel in the near future! A sequel where we find out what happens to the "battling cousins". . . :D! I just loved those two!
Shaharazod chapter 14 . 4/1/2008
I spent the weekend reading this story on and off and I enjoyed it! Everything from the feuding Romulan cousins, to the living Enterprise! Boy this stuff is good! I almost hate to see it end! I wonder what Starfleet will say when they find out that their starships are "living"? Something stupid and political as usual. . . . . Keep up the greet work!
Zara08 chapter 16 . 2/27/2008
Thank you for the ride, the tears, the fears the anxiety and the smiles :-D Keep on writing :-D
grayangle chapter 14 . 2/27/2008
Even with full lighting the Bridge must of had a almost hellish look to it.

I am surprise that you didn't mentioned Data at all to get the Enterprise to come out of hiding. 'He' is a machine but is also considered a person. (grumble about a soulless machine considered a person. grumble) My personal feelings about how people view machine intelligences aside the Enterprise is an interesting 'character'. More please.
SonOfTed chapter 16 . 2/23/2008
THAT was totally AWESOME!

From Andrew JL Riker all the way through the parade of starship ladies.

Stories with cheap endings bug me, and this one delivers a CLASSIC one. It was unexpected, intriguing, and very well written.

The emotions are pure, something that can only be written by a true fan that understands the heart and soul of Star Trek.

I hope you keep writing and learning and challenging the world to read your work.

A tip of the cap to you, and THANKS aplenty for special mention during and at the end of your story.

Live long and prosper yourself, Le'letha!

* Bows *
Steven Kodaly chapter 16 . 2/22/2008
First off, I'm absolutely tickled pink that you mentioned me by name, in your 'thank-you' section.

Second, Andrew J. Riker certainly has a great deal of responsibility as a starship captain - Master, Commander, and now parent, too!

It seems that every time that I consider myself to be a true "trekkie" I encounter something like this story, or your list of inspirations, that reminds me just how rich and varied Star Trek truly is.

You say that the last chapter is hardest to write; perhaps it is, but it's always good to know that there is something more to be written, both there and elsewhere!

Finally, I say, "well done!"
Steven Kodaly chapter 15 . 2/19/2008
Bravo, Le'letha! You demonstrate a marvelous grasp of the wonder that comprises Star Trek, and a delightful sense of humor. I have to wonder, though - what would happen if Enterprise were ever to meek Dahak, from some of David Weber's novels?

Varka and Co. may have had their tails pulled out of the fire, but I somehow suspect that they've just landed in the middle of a supernova! I'm looking forward to reading about Enterprise's legacy, and the continued fallout from this story.
SonOfTed chapter 15 . 2/4/2008
Quote 1: “If this information gets out, we will lose the Enterprise again. Starfleet—or any other authority—will take her away from us to become a test subject or destroyed. I do not believe that the Federation is ready for a sentient starship.”

Ah… a good old fashioned cover up to protect a fledgling, innocent new intelligence. I like it! It’s a gray area that I doubt Starfleet Admirals would approve of – but Hey! That’s what they get for manning offices and doing paperwork instead of flying around the galaxy!

Quote 2: “Stardate 42437.5: Ira Graves transfers his memories and intellect into the Enterprise computer core.”

A computer with a better memory than Geordi… PLUS a tie-in with one of the famous episodes. Even better!

Quote 3: But this was insane! Were they really going to take the Spartacus all by themselves?

My prediction at this point is… No. But it’s only a prediction.

Quote 4: If she’d been left to her own devices, Liarka might have beamed them out into space…

I’ve read about this concept before, and seen it in an actual Voyager episode. (The one where Seska and Culluh steal transporter technology and he beams his enemies into space.) It’s a horrible concept, using the transporter as a weapon and the idea I’ve gotten over the years is that everyone with the technology probably has an unspoken “gentleman’s agreement”… we won’t do it to YOU if you don’t do it to US. Otherwise all of those meetings on starships over the years wouldn’t have taken place!

One other novel I read (can’t remember the title) had the ship actually MOVE away from people as they were transporting aboard. That too, in my opinion, would be a devious act and should be added to the war crimes list. Unfortunately many of the hostile Trek races are capable of anything at any time. (Particularly if your name is Gul Dukat!)

Quote 5: “I always did think ‘Spartacus’ sounded Romulan, anyway,” Varka added thoughtfully.

* Remembers that the Romulans in Trek are modeled quite nicely by its writers after ancient Rome and its Empire. Also remembers the movie “Spartacus” with Kirk Douglas. Begins laughing hysterically… *

Quote 6: “Enterprise, explain yourself!” he was currently demanding of his ship. If this was to be the standard of her actions in future, they were going to have to redefine that agreement!

I have to agree with the good Captain Picard on this one!

Quote 7: playing the most famous part of Tchaikovsky’s famous 1812 Overture, the section most commonly associated with explosions.

* Continues laughing hysterically. *

Quote 8: “I’ll expect a full report.”

They always do!

Quote 9: It was utter baloney…but it never mentioned the role or existence of milady Enterprise.

You know, ever since Picard met Kirk in the “Nexus” he’s been acting a LOT like Captain James T. A LOT like him!

For the record, your description of the link to StarTrek dot com worked on the first try! I think I’ve seen that before, because that IS the exact music I was thinking of when you mentioned the 1812. (And I don’t know it by name even though we’ve all heard it a zillion times!)

Quote 10: (See, SonOfTed, I said I could pull Varka’s tail out of the fire!)

I never doubted you for a second. Well, maybe for several tenths of a second… and for an android, that is nearly an eternity!

HA!

Actually, I love the fact that they got away. Like the sisters of Duras, they can return for an encore!

Cool Chapter, Cool Title, Cool Story. Can't wait for the epilogue.

A wonderful job, and I am honored to submit my latest review knowing that yet another writer has captured the heart and soul of Star Trek so excellently!

* Applauds loudly and rises to feet … watches everyone else follow suit *
grayangle chapter 12 . 1/22/2008
Sa’tkir should have played it as if she was attacked by the Enterprise as it was passing the area. Like saying "are you here to finish want the Enterprise started?" Good chapter, more please.
grayangle chapter 11 . 1/20/2008
Another good chapter, more please. I didn't get a real flat tire yet and I hope it wont happen any time this season. I believe I should clearly state why I find Star Trek stories flat. It is the fact that unless its only a part of a story arc, almost all ST stories don't deal with or have really any effect on any thing else. The Classical 'Tech gadget of the week' is a great example. It is used once and never talked about again. Nothing that happens in a story effects anything else most of the time. I can enjoy a ST story only to a point because of it. This one is very enjoyable but there is still only so much ST I can take at once. More please O writer that helps fill my time with amusement and happiness.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »