Reviews for Complicated Shadows
lolcia1998 chapter 37 . 3/17
This is an excellent story. Albeit, I have to say that I was sorely saddened that Severus died. I really did not see that coming, but either way I am very thankful for this story.
youcancallmedanger chapter 37 . 12/11/2014
I can't believe I had to relive his death again. Excellently written though.
Heatherisfire chapter 37 . 5/31/2014
So... here I am, finished your story and the debauchery it has done to my emotional wellbeing. Bravo. You cleaved my heart in two, but you took me along for a magnificent journey while you did it.

I must say, good Snape 'fics are hard to find, and I am almost never pleased with an OC in a story. Often, the character is not genuine or it feels as if the author is just inserting themselves into the world already established. Samantha Rhodes, however, I loved. I think your way of establishing her significance was absolutely brilliant. Being an academic made her a danger to Voldemort's efforts, all the while refraining from the super-girl cliché that Severus would be hard pressed to fall in love with.

Furthermore, your depictions of the HP crew were very in character, and I admire the way you developed Alecto and Amycus.

I also found that some of your imagery was great. I had an example in mind as I began this review, but I have forgotten it (forgive me, it's 1:30 am).

I do have some constructive criticism, however. It's a little redundant when you keep on referencing back to Samantha and Sev's old experiences in the later chapters. Your audience is smart; they will make those connections on their own. Next, in canon, it was Fred that died, not George. However, my biggest issue was that you didn't bring up Sev's affections for Lily earlier. While I agree that loving Samantha would push these emotions aside, his affections were the ties that bound him.

Overall, great story. I'm sorry I'm only reviewing here, but I couldn't stop reading. Fantastic job and keep up the good work! :)
EvilVampireDucky chapter 37 . 10/4/2012
Oh god. I was expecting it because it stayed cannon, but it killed me. It really did. I don't cry often when I read novels, much less fanfictions(more than often because the writing doesn't touch me) but oh god, I was the sobbing blubbering mess Samantha was.

I've been told multiple occasions that I'm a cold heartless bitch because I don't get upset from sad songs and books, so it is my personal opinion to be honored I'm sniffling with puffy eyes.

Please tell me you plan to become a published author. Your writing was immaculate.

Still. You killed me. Ripped my heart out. I didn't even cry when Rowling killed him. I didn't cry when the movies killed him.
Yes, I am in shock that I cried, which is why that seems to be the focus of my review.
Simbelia chapter 37 . 9/26/2012
This story was positively amazing and i am currently sending you this message with huge tears in my eyes. So happy i found this story. Again it was really spectacular
Tamasyn Summer chapter 14 . 9/24/2012
FINALLY! he did it. _
Martian Goddess chapter 37 . 9/22/2012
I hate you. I think the ending worked well and I appreciate the epilogue, because it made it somewhat okay. But I still hate you for killing him off. Well, more for making me cry with the letter you had him leave. I really did love this story. You're an amazing author. I would have liked a little warning about you still killing him off, but I know that would have ruined it. I guess I just hoped that 'loosely canon compliant' meant you'd let him live. I do however absolutely ADORE that you made it fit into the books so well. I normally can't stand stories that change the books so much, but the way you did it worked very well and I really did love the story. I hope you write more because you're a fantastic author.
Moonchild1212 chapter 15 . 9/14/2012
well that's just torture... oh I love the way you've written Severus - and I love your oc.
Moonchild1212 chapter 7 . 9/14/2012
love your story so far!
kylrrb chapter 35 . 5/31/2012
D: D: D: D: D: D: D:

i had so much hope when he came back in kingsley's arms and woke up! i was like YES YES YES and then he died and i was like NO NO NO!

arg

regardless, good story! and how are you writing all this while working on a master's? u trooper!
ktsbpl chapter 3 . 5/29/2012
haha i love how dumbledore always seems to just KNOW in fanfictions when sev is finally going to get somewhere with a lady. anyway, i like the story so far!
IdrilPuck chapter 6 . 4/22/2012
I really really like this so far, and am DELIGHTED to find a Snape/OC story that didn't involve pedophilia and misconduct. It is very well written as well, and the characters are for the most part great! I just have a few constructive criticisms. The main thing that really gets me is the timing. The relationship is going way way to fast. This is the most common and biggest mistake in fanfiction. The fact that Snape, a very private, secretive man who is a master spy and also loyal to dumbledores wishes, told her everything after knowing her a week, and for no real reason, against dumbledores wishes is very out of character, attraction or not. The premise is great, the fact that she's really there because she's a target is brilliant, however, she should have found out at least after 1 or 2 months. She and Snape should also have a more established relationship, with scenes showing them interact. Also, I feel that she should have known about Lupin immediately, after all she is working on wolfsbane, and it's not a secret at hogwarts anymore anyway. Also, with her around to make the potion, Snape would never have been allowed to make it nor would he need too, in his injured position. Also, I feel like you are villifying dumbledore way too much, he's not perfect, but he's not nearly as heartless as u make him sound. Also, when she is clued in, I feel like either dumbledore should be involved to ok it somehow, or she should find out about without anyone's control, such as her seeing snape's mark by accident, and then things having to be explained. Also, I feel that dumbledore should be the one to explain her real reason for being there and her husbands death, along with the order. One last thing, some scenes, such as the classroom scenes could use more detail, both in descriptions and in events. Her inner thoughts are great, but we should also be able to see the world outside her head. Finally, way to go on the OC! I love her, and she's defiantly not a MS. :) these thing are just my opinions, I dont mean to offend, and if u ignore them its ok. :)
LionRawrr chapter 37 . 3/10/2012
Amazing. That's all I can say.

Keep writing! :)
LittleFoxChild chapter 5 . 3/8/2012
Nope Nope wrong! Snape don't go showing his mark to anyone so soon and so easy like that. What happen to "he all for his privicy?". That is just wrong on so many level it so OoC is should be banned or something. I know you want to get the "he's a deatheater *gasp*" but that was just . . .lame.

BUT anyway I like the story it's going places so besides that the story is a wonderful so moving on to the next chapie!
Inez Stringos chapter 37 . 2/4/2012
Hi!

I really enjoyed reading your story, although it was bittersweet at the end! why did you let him die ? However, you're a fantastic writer! And I'm looking forward to read other stories penned by you! But please in your next story let Severus live!

Regards