Reviews for The Choice of Love
asdfjkl chapter 4 . 11/5/2008
ai! this isn't as good as teh other 2 in the series. the inner monologues make sense, but their speeches to each other are confusing. what did she choose? is she even allowed to keep changing her mind like that? doesn't boromir think that maybe he's being selfish?

i still liked it though. i like how you talked about what this decision would mean for boromir too. keep writing!
szepilona10 chapter 4 . 2/2/2008
Nice story!
Istarnie chapter 4 . 1/5/2007
Ah - a very satisfactory ending! You have explained both Ellin and Boromir's reactions very well.

I laughed at the point about the golden spots in her eyes - I can just imagine Boromir saying something like that.

Again, you have explored the less thought of side to elves immortality, and left readers with something to ponder.

I echo Fili's comments - this story leaves a lot of unanswered questions. Maybe there needs to be a further story?

I enjoyed reading this! :)
Fili chapter 4 . 1/2/2007
Ellin's cold? *snicker* She's lucky that Boromir doesn't know more about Elves than he does! I know I'm being irreverant... sorry. Can't help it.

Ah! *dies laughing* Here Ellin's just poured out her heart and soul to Boromir, and she's waiting in anguish, hoping desperately he'll understand, and then he says “You have tiny golden spots in your eyes...” Ah yes, that's why we all love Boromir. What a dunce. Meaning that in the nicest possible way, of course.

So... what did they decide? I can't quite figure that out.

Wonderful story, but you're in trouble, because now I have a million questions. Well, maybe not a MILLION, but several, anyways. So they were at the final battle at the Black Gates? I had wondered about that. And did they get to Minas Tirith before it was surrounded? If so, was Boromir able to stop Denethor from burning himself alive? And what about Faramir? Did he have to lead the ill-fated attempt to reclaim Osgiliath? Or did Boromir smack that idea down? What does Faramir think of Ellin? If Denethor's still alive, what does he *gulp* think of her? As far as I know, he doesn't think to highly of Elves. Does she have to win him over?

I'd better stop, or I'll have you answering questions till next September!

Great story, thanks!

*hugs!*

Dwarf
Fili chapter 3 . 1/2/2007
Chapter four? eh-heh-heh...I wasn't even aware that chapter three existed... never got an alert. Stupid Or Morgoth...

Anyways, I'd better hurry up and review, yes? :P

Aww... sweet kitty :)

Love the description of Boromir's entrance to Rivendell! *grins stupidly*

I spy... Elenaro! That poor Elf has a really hard time, you know? First he gets turned into an Orc, then he's given new life, but promptly killed. I'd say he probably needs a few weeks in Valinor... :D

"Many elves seemed to live in the past, in glorious but forever-lost days, burdened under a load of sadness that only increased with the passing years. When she travelled with Dunedain, she felt free, her life was richer, and she lived every day as if it was the last." Very interesting! I had never looked at it that way, but it is true. Food for thought, and I shall chew it thoroughly!

WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND? Ack! Ellin! Slow down! Don't make this worse than it is already. Boromir's a Hurin, and they are stubborn to the point where one wants to scream at them and shake them till their teeth fall out, but don't EVER think that he's deliberately trying to hurt you.

See there? He didn't say he didn't love you, and he came back, to try to better explain his side.

Yes! *cheers* That's probably the best thing Ellin could do. Give in for now, but come back to it again sometime in the future. Maybe, years from now, when he knows her better, he will understand her side.
Istarnie chapter 3 . 12/30/2006
*Sniffs back a tear* This is still a very thought provoking account of the tragedy, as well as joy, of love between Elf and Mortal. You explain the 'burden' of immortality very well.

You asked me a little while ago what I thought Ellin would do in this chapter, and I am sorry that I never replied. I did think she would consider doing what Boromir wanted out of her love for him. Ohh...I want to read the next chapter now! :)
Jas chapter 4 . 12/29/2006
Oh, it's so beautiful :-)).
Istarnie chapter 2 . 12/18/2006
Such emotional turmoil! Poor Boromir! What a wonderful portrayal of his own inner struggle. Of course I am hoping that this story will work out well for him. :)
Jas chapter 3 . 12/13/2006
Wonderful :-)). I'll wait for next :-)).
Istarnie chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
I have just read Chapter One, and I am almost in tears. The emotions in this chapter are so beautifully portrayed - with both Boromir and Ellin loving the other so truly and so much. Well done!
BigEnoughUmbrella chapter 2 . 11/29/2006
Wonderful chapter. I love your writing!
Fili chapter 2 . 11/29/2006
Aww... Good for Boromir! I am SO glad he went back and explained all that to her, and I'm glad Ellin listened to him. The only way they will work this out is by listening to each other. But I guess I don't have to tell YOU that, do I? :P

Another good chapter, please update as soon as you can!

*hugs*

the Dwarf
White Stone chapter 2 . 11/28/2006
You have your character's down! you know them well ( :

Such a struggle of misery and love. He loves her so it would make him happy if she did not give up her immortality, and she loves him that i s why she is saying this. But both of them contemplate the misery it would put upon them both.

Good job
Jas chapter 2 . 11/27/2006
Newer, better :-)). Keep writing :-)).
BigEnoughUmbrella chapter 1 . 11/21/2006
Yet another great story! :D Please continue and post an update soon!