Reviews for Aftermath
Eryndil chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
This is another of my favorites and another great example of how to write a vivid 'external view' of a character. Like 'Having seen through his eyes', it gives an interesting glimpse of a outsider's ideas of the Jedi and how this encounter changed that impression. I like the way that you have used very different but equally compelling styles in the two fics.

The juxtaposition of the official account and the more personal remarks is a very effective technique. I can see the events that are being described and the guardsman's reactions to them make them all the more real. Nice work :)
MJLupin27 chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
Qui-Gon's death is such a sad issue! why did he die? it's so unfair! I loved this, by the way :)
Luv2FigureSkate8 chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Beautiful. I loved the outside view and how the guards opinion of the Jedi changed. Poor Obi.
Ann Jinn chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
Amazing the difference of perspective.

Living with the pain and realizing that his master/father figure is truly gone would be so difficult. And yet, his duty calls. Also interesting is how you brought up the Jedi myths. Good job.
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 11/21/2006
How very original. I like this little look from a different direction. Good prose. Pretty much you capture both a personal characterization of the guard and the formality of the report.

Maul's species is "Zabrak".

"I had no idea that Jedi cried." Aw...very very nice. Evocative.

Very nice point that the Naboo guards are not expected to kill. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but here you use it to make extreme realism-the guard almost reacts as a Earthling and non-SF/F fan would to this situation did he come upon it unknowningly.

"hands tucked in his sleeves and his eyes always moving, always on guard." Good.

"Her Majesty immediately comes over and nods to me, dismissing me." Why the random switch to present tense?

"His words come out all smooth, without a hint of emotion, well, perhaps they were kinda dead, flat you know. It was hard to tell, for he spoke very low." Very nice. Sounds like my first person POV in my story 'Rebellion', honestly, but however you take that fact I do like the description in that sentence.

Excellent concept and delivery.