Reviews for Mind's Eye
sea salt chapter 6 . 6/7/2007
...Why have I never noticed this fic before?

Very vivid writing. Each drabble is so clear and concise, and they all manage to pack a good punch with their closing sentences. Livio is perfect, sad and relenting and almost (but not quite) pathetic.

A few lines I particularly liked for one reason or another:

'The tattered cloak, frayed at the edges just like him,'

'The days stretch on, spread thin against the unnatural blot of civilization.'

'A hand is clenched lazily in his grasp, a sack of broken flesh and bone.'

'The sensation of being a spectator, of split vision through wide eyes, two minds looking through distorting glass...'

Much love for these little snap shots.
Alaena Night chapter 6 . 12/21/2006
Wow! Very nice. I love the descriptive language and emotion that you're able to pack into such a small piece. Excellent work! Keep it up.

-Alaena
New Days Dawn chapter 6 . 12/20/2006
Oh WOW. I love this fic so much. Livio fic for the WIN.
Spicy-obsession chapter 6 . 12/19/2006
I like everything until the very last bit: "wet daggers stabbing his cheeks"

Somehow, it just doesn't produce the right imagery for me and it looks weird for Livio to have tear like that on his cheeks. As for everything else, GOOD GOOD!
Spicy-obsession chapter 4 . 11/30/2006
Uwah uwah, that's a lot of Latin. Not one for simple Anglo-Saxon eh? Anyway, good work so far. You leave telling details in each drabble so that anyone who reads spoilers can tell immediately what you're talking about. But by itself, the words you choose are have specific meanings and evoke very specific images, which I like.

Goodie, now...update MORE! Hahaha.
vargrimar chapter 4 . 11/29/2006
Your descriptions are incredible and very, very vivid. I love them and wish I could do the same. It's a real shame that not many people center things around Livio when he's such an interesting character. You've done great work so far and I anticipate more.
nicholasdwolfwood chapter 2 . 11/22/2006
This one is full of sexual vocabulary that is rather, uh, distracting. But perhaps that was your evil plan all along? Panting, tasting, btrual, ramming, choking, resisting, yanking, swallowing... Or maybe it's just my mind in the gutter? Nice job.
nicholasdwolfwood chapter 1 . 11/22/2006
There is a sense of poetry about these that makes them particularly evocative. Nice imagery "fraying at the edges just like him" and "dried sweat and dirt smeared." Overall, very satisfying and even though it's a drabble there is a nice sense of conclusion, even catharsis, which makes me like it. Despite my overwhelming hatred of your protagonist.