Reviews for Mystery Dungeon: The Battle
Luneon the Eclipse Pokemon chapter 16 . 3/19/2011
mares attitude is okay
animatedrose chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
Whoa! Cool story! I love Sneasel and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon! Update update update!
Coldfire323 chapter 10 . 8/9/2007
Oh my god, WHY? I've been so used to this whole pokemon vs. humans thing that I'm totally shocked to see fellow pokemon hurting each other. Is it all for a good cause..? Of course not, it seemed like they were trying to kill them... even though the chapter's called "the capture". Man, it feels good to read this again! On an off topic sidenote, I hope this Shadow Pokemon thing is only mentioned briefly, since I dont' play that game and I'd be kinda lost. XD
Coldfire323 chapter 9 . 8/9/2007
Nothing tells you to start reading these chapters better than your mailbox deleting the emails that remind you you've got some reading to do still. In plain english, I've decided to read like crazy since my reminders are being automatically deleted after a month of them sitting there doing nothing... So! Time to read them all in one sitting! Expect short(ish) reviews, maybe, since I could be kicked off at anytime here and I need to read these...

God, I still have a prickle of dislike for Mare, but you gotta admit that he's pretty bad ass in this chapter! His actions had to be reread a couple times to make themselves clear, but in the end I had a clear picture, so it turned out fantastic. He makes the other sneasels seem... useless? XD I was hoping Wendy would do her part, seeing as how she's "literally trained" for combat, but you can't have everything!
Coldfire323 chapter 8 . 7/23/2007
I'm not sure why (it might be his cold nature) but Mare is rapidly dropping in my favorite character's list. He just... seems kind of emotionless.

I'm glad that you left no clear winner to Wendy and Mare's scat; to me it symbolizes that they're both right and wrong in their opinions of humans (even if Wendy is feeling kind of anti-human; she still thinks some of them are good, so...). Of course, I could just be thinking about it too much.
Coldfire323 chapter 7 . 7/11/2007
Holy cheese, I need to dedicate all my computer time tomorrow to read these chapters. I get on and there's double the amount of chapters since I last read this. ' Don't slow down any though, it's good to know that this story is moving along so fast! Alrighty, actual review time...

There's nothing like a good human slaying to cheer me up. Hm. Did I just say that? You're making me hate humans, dude! XP I'm a little worried for this so far nameless Sneasel and the small family. They're wearing a red shirt, it seems like. Please don't kill the litle ones! ): You have a fetish for killing off mass amounts of unimportant characters. So far they're the only unimportant ones left... BUT! Better them than Mare, Wendy, etc. right? Ugh, another review without anything negative to say! -writhes in useless reviewing-ness-

Another thing: when do we meet this boy who's on the run? You know, from chapter two?
CAN07 chapter 12 . 7/7/2007
Well, I must say that again you created a wonderful story, this is one full of mystery and action, the characters are well done, each one of them have his unique personality, I like it, I am sure that you are going to do a great job writing this

ATTE: CAN07
DW-Chaos WolfEdge chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
Nice... this is one interesting story! Lol, the Sneasel were pretty panicked when the humans left, huh? The first Sneasel that spoke with Mare, he's a funny one.

Anyway, as I just said: this story is interesting! I'll be sure to read more later. Till then, adios!
Coldfire323 chapter 6 . 7/4/2007
Sweet justice! I was grinning my face off when they killed the humans; it serves them right! One of my favorite chapters so far (though there aren't many to choose from), it really focuses on Mare's dreary personality. That was one thing I didn't like... How negative he is and stuff. I LOVE Nadlew's personality, it's like the complete opposite of Mares. He's so willing to fight and defend his colony...

And one question: This might have been mentioned already, but were these invaders looking to kill just pokemon or every single living thing, human residents included? I'm leaning towards the last, but I just wanna make sure.
Coldfire323 chapter 5 . 6/30/2007
Ahh, there we go! The reason for why the humans are killing them is questioned in the story. That makes it better somehow. You've been trying to stress Wendy's "tame" nature, and you're doing a good job of it! I get the feel that aside from species, she really is an outsider among this colony... Mare and Wendy are gonna see each other again, right? 'cause that sonnet at the beginning of the story DID mention a couple Sneasels...
Coldfire323 chapter 4 . 6/30/2007
But why are the humans killing /them/? They didn't do anything wrong! ;.; It's a little pointless to kill /every/ survivor of every species if you ask me, so an explanation as to why would be nice (if it hasn't been mentioned in the next two chapters). Is it 'cause of possible mutation or something? I don't like it. ): You always make deaths sudden and shocking...

I'm feeling sorry for Wendy, she's been through a lot. A little too much. Hence, the sobbing on the cave floor. I love how you added in her "need" to be in a center with her trainer, it makes her sound more vulnerable and domesticated, and really excites the reader's pity.

If this makes any sense, I wish I'd come up with this story first so I'D be writing it instead. It just...seems so fun to write. Its fun enough to read.
Coldfire323 chapter 3 . 6/30/2007
Mushroom cloud shape, bomb... The second I read bomb I knew what was up (or at least I THINK I know what's up). And I don't like it! D: This is so...CHILLING to read, Mare and Wendy trying their best to avoid idk, getting burned alive? Your so called lack of detail went unnoticed, dude, because I happily read (with a grimace on my face, of course) this chapter and just wanna hurry up and read the other ones. X3

I can't find anything to poke at and critisize; I hate that, it makes the review seem pointless. Anyway... Time to read the next chapter!
Raesha Valentine chapter 2 . 6/28/2007
this is really good! i like the idea that pokemon can't understand the different pokemon's language, because if you think about it, that makes a lot of sense...
Coldfire323 chapter 2 . 1/29/2007
This would be so much easier to understand if I remembered more how PMD ended more clearly. From what I remember, though... Lordy lord, you connected it all so well! I had a small oneshot fanficcy in mind about the trainer who was turned into a pokémon, but... I think you've got that covered in an actual story. The stuff here is so creative; the 'Bouncer' pose with Mare made me smile. "He liked to think of himself as a Bouncer. It was just to fuel his imagination." Actually, that whole section with Mare and his Appointer was a big thumbs up for me. I'm not sure why, I don't have the vocabulary to describe it. '

"It was something that had gotten used to, and soon, it was a legend itself that Lugia sent humans as protectors of Pokémon." This whole thing here, this little section talking about the bonds of a trainer to their pokémon and vice versa... It's so creative and... and... and I still can't find the words to describe it. XP

The reaction of this Gardevoir owner is so nicely done. He's at the edge of his rope, not sure what to do because he's only a teenager after all... Man, this part is a bit mysterious to me. In a good way, mind you!

Update any story ASAP! I'm itching for eye candy. ooD
Masterofalltheweapons chapter 2 . 1/28/2007
Returning the review you gave me. I thank you personally for you are the only person kind enough to review one of my stories(Glares at everyone who has looked at my stories).

I guessing that this is the story you mentioned about when you reviwed my story. It sound great, i cant wait for next chapter.

I like the whole pokemon not understanding each other thing you got going on, it adds a new view to the whole thing and makes the story interesting. I'll be checking in but untill then signing off