Reviews for Thanksgiving at the Big Table
Mengsk chapter 3 . 12/1/2010
This certainly comfirms Ron has found his place in these stories. And when it comes to the kitchen he's the dominant force.

Ah politics. Probably the other great Thanksgiving tradition. Maybe you should have invited a hardarse like Barkin. Start a shitfight.

Boo hoo, my forefathers were fucked over. I'm healthy and my parents are employed and I've never starved a day in my life nor lived on the street as many, many other citizens have and are right now but - I retain the right to hassle my upper working class, middle class white peers!

You sure you want more immigrants? You're infulstructre looks strained as it is. I know, not their fault.
Mengsk chapter 2 . 12/1/2010
I am so glad we don't celebrate. Christmas dinner is bad enough.
Mengsk chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
Pancake fun. Probably the most amusing sequence I can remember.
Itachi's apprentice chapter 3 . 4/6/2010
Great work.
Itachi's apprentice chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Great work.
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 3 . 1/24/2010
With so much cooking and dishes around the whole episode this almost felt like a cooking show. I was barely catching most of this considering how little I know about cooking. But at least it didn’t give me any troubles to enjoy the story.

The fic, while short, was certainly fun, with plenty of jokes here and there. And surprisingly a slight amount of character development for several characters. And some foreshadowing about whatever’s gonna be of Shego’s trial. That got me a little worried as well.

Overall, I don’t know what else can I say about this, but I think I can say, the whole Best Enemies series is really going great. _

So, ‘til next episode.

Yours, “Lonely on the Weekend” Aexander/Alexlayers.

Bye bye!

PD: Congratulations on Karma Chameleon! XD
Wirenfeldt Jr chapter 3 . 1/17/2010
Thanksgiving at the Big Table - Chapter: 3

"Did you make the greens?" Jean Possible asked Monique. "They're very good."

.. just thought you wanted to know ;-)
Thomas Linquist chapter 3 . 7/12/2009
I'm guessing that this is where Best Enemies really started to take its domestic turn. Kim and Sharon still have their problems, families are so the drama and all that, but we are beginning to see the housemates come together as a family.

Frankly, it's one of the things I've loved most about the Best Enemies series. You didn't sacrifice action for the sake of it either, but you have made the characters more real.
Thomas Linquist chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
Okay, we know the kitchen is huge, but you never did describe the dining room in detail. Why do I see this covering both rooms?

Stray thought, are Shego's lips as hot as I think they would be?
TempestDash chapter 3 . 5/20/2008
I have less to say the further I get through your stories.

This one goes down easy, delights in some funny situations and good dialog, then packs it all away for the night safe and sound. No boundaries crossed, no risks taken.

I guess that's the only thing I can say. By this point you have your rhythm down and characterization has never been an issue with you, it's just a matter of trying to push the bounds every now and then.

It's a good story, but as a bridge tale there is little to be remembered after it's over.
Wispr chapter 3 . 5/1/2008
Now that was a wonderfully done story. So many good parts to it and very touching.

Wispr chapter 2 . 5/1/2008
Hope nothing has happen to Will. Really loving how you write the domestic scenes.

Wispr chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
Nice seeing them back together!

List of Romantics chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
Delicious! But I'm at a loss without my Hebrew to Shiksa Dictionary ;)

Besides capturing the fellowship of Thanksgiving -brilliantly- along with the smells and tastes that accompany it, I found myself -almost unconsciously- smiling with fondness at my own recollections of Thanksgivings gone by.

As taste and smell are two of the oldest sense organs and most powerful of the sense memories I have always felt the descriptions of foods and meals that characters eat not only reveal more about character but create a more immersive experience for the reader. Well Done!

And I don't know how you do it, but you make Ron likable/non-buffon, THAT is genius in itself.
RonHeartbreaker chapter 3 . 11/9/2007
A very nice story. Just the kind of homey interaction between otherwise extraordinary individuals for which I keep returning to the BE universe. And it made me extremely hungry.

Best,