Reviews for Rooftops
ForeverRainingFire chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Fantastic work! I really enjoyed your interpretation of Bruce's Princeton years. I never pictured him as a frat boy, but since we never really saw his personality (beyond angry as all get out) in the movie, I can see it working. I agree with an earlier reviewer in that the rooftop scene is a bit far fetched, however, it's still within the realm of reality, so it works. Besides, what would Batman be without his life stretching the bounds of reality a bit. My favorite character was Randy, and I really think it would be interesting if you brought him back in a later story (I haven't finished reading all your work yet, so perhaps you have done so already...) anyway, fantastic work and I can't wait to read the rest of your stories!
Kaleidoscope chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
Plausible and well-written. Kudos for the reference to another student who was almost expelled (or forcibly graduated) for climbing about on rooftops!
U.O. Zyzpm chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Decided to review your story after reading your profile, as bad as that sounds, but hey you put it there for a reason.

It's actually not that hard to review because every story has something different offer and if they don't then you should comment on the originality of it, of the lack thereof.

This was a fun story. There were some big anvils like the expression, "in his own way, he was formidable as a fully armored crusader," and the biggest one being the setting of the story. I'll get back to that later.

I'm not sure how I felt about Bruce being all drunk and stuff. Even in his college years I never really thought he was much of a drinker, because his way of sulking over his parents death was always fighting crime through Batman and no other way would do. Him trying to get drunk made me feel like he was trying not to remember Chill's upcoming trial. Though who am I to judge? Bruce could have been that way. I just never pictured him that way though.

His drunken state brought that great moment of him fighting against that Fitz guy, "'Ah, that would be a pity, wouldn't it?' Bruce shouted back. 'Because you'd have one less student to do your writing for you, wouldn't you? Not to mention your research.'" I always pictured Bruce as a bit of a rebel. The scene with his piercing glares (bat-glares!), especially the gun shop scene, were fun! You're being stared at by the future Dark Knight.

The gun shop scene was also good. Showed how it all happened. Bruce would have to pay the guy off.

Now my slight critiques: back to the setting. As much as I loved how this took place on rooftops and it foreshadowed so much with Bruce's speed I thought this was a little unrealistic. A bunch of guys jumping on rooftops that firemen had be brought in to is a little too risky. Randy probably would have found a better way to stop them. How tall were the buildings again?

Wow, I've outdone myself! I think this is the longest review I've ever written. Maybe your review reasons helped, but it's probably because I also have a lot of time on my hands now- no homework! Any way, I looked at your profile and stories. Though, again, I'm not sure about a drunk Bruce, I liked how you portrayed him human. Your other stories sound cool- I'll look at them and if I have time again, review. Happy writing!
Angel's Star chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
This was pretty good! I can see Bruce doing those things and acting nonchalent about being kiced out of Princeton. And the way he kept Randy from falling seemed to be an early foreshadowing of his becoming Batman later. Very nicely written. Keep it up!
xKillthelights chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
I had never really thought of Bruce at Princeton...Hm, he seems so cold, and detached. But even then he was brave. I like your view of what happened at Princeton for him to leave.
Copper Kestrel chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
Ooh, nice story! I'd always wondered about that line myself, and this was a good way of exploring it. I liked all your characterisations, especially dark-angsty-Bruce, and almost-friend-Randy, who was someone I could really relate too, often finding myself in his position. (Though, luckily, none of my friends have yet decided to race around rooftops...)... Anyway, really great story!
maraudergurl2010 chapter 1 . 7/25/2008
Frickin' awesome. The mystery of Bruce Wayne has touched everyone, hasn't it? It kind of makes the world seem... a little bit... fascinating, don't you think?

MG*
Gewher chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
Wow. It's been forever since I've read your stuff. And I forgot how much I love it! Goodness gracious. And from now one I'll be reading more and more of it again! I really like the interesting outside point of view, Bruce Wayne to the people outside of him... Kind of how we would view him if we didn't know him like we do.
E Kelly chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
Excellent interpolation on the movie, Phillipa! Neat and tight, with wonderful characterization. Randy is a fantastic invention, and Bruce is spot on. Good work!
Ryan Brooklyn chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
For a minute there I was afraid you were going to kill Randy. That would have been horrible. I really don't like people like Craig and Jake. What jerks. Anyway, this was very well written. Good job. :-D
MyDirtyLittleSecret chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
That was acutally pretty amusing. I liked this story alot. Great work! Keep on writing. :D
Divamercury chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
Excellent story. Very different. Really enjoyed it...I could see it happening in my head. I laughed out loud at the parts with Bruce heckling Dr. Fitz and conducting on the roof. Awesome job!

DM
TV Chick chapter 1 . 11/27/2006
You know up til now I never wondered about him getting asked to leave, but this is a good story.
G.A. Clive chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
This was really good! How did you come up with the story? It was pure genious!
thevigilante15 chapter 1 . 11/23/2006
Great. I love them darka nd angsty:)