Reviews for Under a Sapphire Sky
SaltWaterSwimmer29 chapter 20 . 7/24
I really enjoyed this! Thanks for writing it! I was hoping for more of a completed ending, but I appreciate that you wanted to leave it more open ended.
Alex chapter 3 . 5/26
Overall, I have so far found this fic to be quite well written and an interesting stor. I know it is over now, but I wanted to suggest that where you are using the word prodigal in this story you actually mean prodigious. If you are ever editing this, you should check that. Otherwise you seem to have a very good command of the language
amaryllis529 chapter 20 . 4/23
I’m usually skeptical about au’s in general but these really truly was one of the best au’s I’ve read! Thank you for sticking thru till the end and this brought me so much joy
mndalala chapter 20 . 11/24/2017
what a nice ride, but what's that? that's not an open ending, that just incomplete! it's like when you have a nice ride but suddenly get stuck in the middle of nowhere! D:
mndalala chapter 1 . 11/24/2017
seriously zuzu, your blockheadness is really trying my patience now.
mndalala chapter 10 . 11/24/2017
NOOOOOOOO Zuko you idiot! D:
T.M.Angelo chapter 20 . 7/28/2017
Very fun read. Great story! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
royalfirelily chapter 20 . 5/27/2017
This has got to be one of the most beautiful stories I've ever read. Thank you so much for sharing your talent. The way the characters are still so recognizable even though this is an AU is so remarkable, you've truly captured their characterizations! I love that you've woven such a well-thought out story that I didn't wonder for a moment how come I'm reading about Kanna and Pakku, I knew that it was gonna be relevant somehow, and it was! Ugh this was really so beautiful and I'm betting that this story will always be on my mind, I'm always gonna go back and think about what would have happened next. Just so you're assured, the way you ended it was so fitting to the story and ughhhhhh I love this so much! Thank you again and I hope you find your way back to Zutara sometime soon! I would love to read more stories from you!
Guest chapter 20 . 12/17/2016
loved this fic
Guest chapter 20 . 11/1/2016
Ok so this is by far one of my most favorite Zutara fanfics if not *the* favorite. I mean, I doubted the whole vampire concept when I read the summary, but I've run out of good zutara stories so I thought meh imma give it a try and I did not come out empty-handed.

I love your world-building here and all the things I want in a zutara fanfic is on this: zutara, a jetara triangle, urzai (!), harula (!), Zuko and Azula being actual bros, good!Azula, etcetc. The only thing I personally felt it lack is strength from Katara. Idk, I just felt like she could've been portrayed as a lot stronger. Could've been badass if she fought with Zuko. Then again, her waterbending on this is supposed to be just from raw talent apart from the training she got as a kid.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed this and love the entire world you've created with the characters we all love! Thank you for sharing this! 3

Much love from renzie17
She'sEverybody'sVigilante chapter 19 . 8/11/2016
I know this fic was last updated about 8 years ago and only one person took up DamageCtrl's open offer to write their own fic around it or their own ending/continuation to it so far."Beneath a Dawning Sky" by Sharkflip was the one sequel to UASS that she included on her profile. Although it was good, it did not suffice for me. It ended too shortly with so many questions left unanswered. SO if anyone is interested, as of today I will be writing a sequel to DamageCtrl's "Under a Sapphire Sky". This will be my first fanfic on here so bear with me. I would appreciate it if you guys P.M-ed me your take on the ending, the questions you felt were left unaswered throughout the story, what you would like to see more of, your own perspectives and criticism so I can get a better feel of where I should head with it. I want it to be sufficient for everyone and really do her story Justice not just my own.
- J.G.H
She'sEverybody'sVigilante chapter 20 . 8/11/2016
Where should I even begin? This story is in an entire different league than your other Zutara fics. I cannot stand this story! I mean I loved it you know? It just challenged the characters, the vampire theme, just the whole typical Zutara concept. Lol I loved it but uuughhh lol okay, let me elaborate.
The ending..I honestly wish I knew what was going on in your head when you wrote it. What exactly were your intentions? It felt rushed but simultaneously felt as though it served a deeper purpose and was carefully constructed. What exactly were you hoping for the readers to assume happened? What conclusion did you want us to jump to? What were you implying? What was the hidden meaning behind Zuko's last words, his actions? Is the shock temporary or permanent? I NEED TO KNOW!
I feel as though Zuko "maybe"(emphasis on maybe) knew Katara would hesitate. When he had assured Azula that he didn't make a mistake in turning Katara even though she went into shock(which tells us otherwise), I dont feel as though he planned it, but because she was out of it, the situation seemed to have turned out in his favor, and that is why he was more than accepting of her predicament. Katara wouldn't be able to leave him now as she intended to, and in her state of mind could no longer argue with him, or simply act according to her own free will. She would literally be SOLELY dependent on him. Zuko just seemed too OKAY with her "shocked" state. Idk I just got the creepy boyfriend "if I cant have you, then nobody can have you" vibe(even though there is nobody but Zuko) from his answer to Azula's implication. His sanity seemed to level down one.
Anywho, I really do not like how much of a pushover and crybaby or how vulnerable Katara is. I mean it is something new, and it does somewhat go well with the plot but is just so unbecoming of her. I feel like Katara is just one of those characters who cannot be tweeked too much or portrayed in an entirely constrasting way. It's just she let Zuko make a fool of her, "play" her, step all over her throughout the WHOLE story, and willingly came back for more each time. She grew a little bit of her balls back more so towards the end, but I feel like the "hopeless maiden" act doesn't suit her well unless it is constantly accompanied by her righteous temper and intelligence or her natural leader-ism lol. But then again, I see how her "vulnerability" highly emphasized the "bonding" affect of "mates"
Lastly, this story was also soooo good because I despised Sokka being seperated from Katara. Idk I just feel like they're bond is like the most sacred brother sister relationship ever.
I pm-ed you, I'm sure you probably do not even get on here any more, but if you do, please tell me your secrets! You are a brilliant writer!
Thankyou for sharing your gift!

- J.G.H
EternityRoze262 chapter 20 . 7/24/2016
Wow, I don't know how your writing process, planning and organization goes but I really love how you make it work from start to finish. Really dramatic and kept my attention throughout; plus you just make us crave for the Zutara moments instead of letting us have it at our every command. I honestly am a bit iffy when it comes to AU but when executed well like this story, I became really intrigued :) I was interested in the world itself and how it combined with the avatar world. And it's also nice how you focus on the plot of the story rather than solely the romance :D
I'm really surprised with the ending of the story though, and the way you write it is just asking -no, begging- for a sequel. I wonder if anyone has taken it up yet... haha but I think I'd love to read more if you wrote it rather than someone else xP Mainly because of the style writing and storytelling. It's a style that is somewhat similar to mine where you bring up rhetorical questions and describe details like it's in slow motion and bring depth to the characters' emotions. So nicely done there!
There were times when you used the wrong word but that was probably the only noticeable mistake that stood out to me. Your word choice makes everything sound very very dramatic xD And if you're like me who spends the entire day reading this entire story, you get really caught up in it. Something about reading the word "gasp" kinda makes me a bit ehhhh though hahaha xD
I don't know about you, but I find that writing for Azula and her dialogue is fun because of her character hahaha so I love how you portrayed her in this story; instead of being on the opposing side, she's with Zuko which was nice. Thanks for the enjoyable read! (And maybe we'll see you around here again someday?)

~Roze
Sandra517 chapter 20 . 6/3/2016
This cliffy reveals a lot :P i understand now the best fic ive read
Guest chapter 20 . 3/29/2016
I loved your story. It got me hooked from the start. I loved azulas character and her bond with her brother. I didn't like the open ending tho. I thought it was a really good build up in zuko and kataras relationship till the last couple of sentences. I can't believe you made katara go into shock. I would have preferred them to have a happy ending because of all they had been through. It would have made a nice ending. But at the end of the day it's your story.