Reviews for The Modern Generation
Tren Rogue chapter 3 . 5/6/2012
good... needs more...
Kinkajous17 chapter 3 . 1/29/2009
Really really anxious and eager here. Especially love the parallel character of Allison- Olivia. Please please don't give in to being one of those very stupid and inconsiderate people who get other people hooked on their stories and then just walk away. Seriously, there's no joke here, don't do that!
Tren Rogue chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
Oh, wow... thi seems pretty good so far. What I find really funny, though, is that I have an uncle named Jason Wilkins, and that youchose that name for 'the brain' i really ironic, because he was a bit of a nerd when he was in highschool himself.
thebeebeegun chapter 3 . 2/13/2007
Aww, I really like this story! I hope I can real more really soon! Loved it! Well, I'll be waiting! You're really good at using the same type of characters, but mixing up the actual story to fit modern times and to fit how we act today. Love you characters by the way, Olivia is AWESOME! Haha! Well, gotta jet. Toodles!

-BeeVee-THEEAmazing
MercerGirl21 chapter 3 . 1/29/2007
Lol I love your story very cool take on an old fave. I just watched it today. Your version ROCKS! Keep it up.
bookwormFFW chapter 3 . 1/21/2007
Good story Update Soon!
Raven Eyes1 chapter 2 . 11/29/2006
Hey there

I've waited for a long time for someone to do a modern version of thebreakfast club and I'm really enjoying what I'm seeing so keep up the good work I'm really quite impressed as to how you've captured the depth of the characters and transferred them to the modern seting.

Update soon

Steve
Philipa Aleshre chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
I reviwed like at 6pm, but I had a problem with the damn computer and my whole and long review was for nothing, so here I am again.

First point: I got to be honest. When I saw this posted, I didn't plan to read this. Why? Well, because this has been overdone and I thought that what could this have that other fics didn't? Plus you wrote such a short and not very describing review, in which, by the way, you wrote " 'cept', that kind of "writing" drives me nut. Is it too difficult to write "except"?

Second point: I got to be more honest. Actually, I kind of liked this. Why? Well, because it had that BC essence, but the characters had their own personalities, and weren't like Breakfast Clubbers clones, you didn't use the same lines, and it was kind of cool, you know? I also liked their names! Major sounds cool, though I had never thought of it as a name, lol.

I also kind of liked Vernon's and Carl's appearance in the fic, it was a nice touch!

But! I know, there's always a little but ruining everything. I think this could have been better. I didn't like Vernon's comparison between the new kids and the old gang. Why? Because I think that the BC was just a real pain in the ass, but there were lots and lots of kids that fitted on those cliches, too, so... I don't know.

I would have also liked longer chapters. In that way you could have written more about them. And more about their lifes! Remember that us readers know nothing about this new characters of your creation, and maybe it'd be good if you slowly introduced them to us, you know? That's why I prefered the first chapter rather than the second, in which all of them interacted. We had this little insight of their homelifes.

Oh, and I didn't like Allison's new version that much, lol. She's way too... err... I don't know, I'm not thinking right in this moment. And I couldn't picture her. How can somebody have so many colors on her hair? I really couldn't imagine her as that and I imagined her hair kind of plain, lol. I know that wasn't what you wanted me to imagine, but, as I've said, I couldn't see her clearly.

Major's lines are cool, I like his style and I loved that he stole the iPod to some lame guy, lol. But I didn't get why was he thinking so early in the morning about Drew. Does he have a crush on him or what? LOL. Sorry, but it sort of seemed that way.

I think that's it by now, I don't remember anything else I wanted to say, but I'm sure there was more.

I hope your fic gets better, because it has its good stuff, and you're not bad, but you need to develop your writing skills, I guess... I don't know. If you don't want to listen to me then don't do it, but I'm just a simple reader who wants to help you.

Bye! Keep writing!

Ivanna
craziikatedgiirl chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
i love your story.

modern breakfast club kids

seem just as entertaining as the originals.

please update soon
Kelly L Crutcher chapter 2 . 11/25/2006
I love the original "Breakfast Club," and I like your story; you're doing a wonderful job. Please update when you get a chance; I'm looking forward to what happens next. Keep up the great work! :)
lizziec1993 chapter 1 . 11/22/2006