Reviews for The Dwellings of the Dead
rivendellelve chapter 3 . 1/7
oooooh, creepy :)
but Glorfindel is awesome
Gismo chapter 3 . 6/8/2010
Oh, wow! This was truly a magnificent story! I enjoyed it very much.

Your writing is superb! The story flows really well and your characterisation is excellent. I love the way how you have Glorfindel manifest his power, many writers around here forget that he has more power than a 'simple' Elf, since he was re-embodied and has powers resembling those of the Maiar. I love it when Glorfindel is portrayed in his true glory, just like Tolkien did himself. The mystery idea had me hooked from the beginning to the end, what a wonderful read this was!

I like your interpretation of the ideas of Tolkien you used in this story. Your explanation was very solid and all the passages of Tolkien's work were a refreshing read. I have only read them in Dutch, so the core text was wonderful to read. Also, the passages from Morgoth's Ring I found very interesting, here in the Netherlands they haven't published the History of Middle-earth series (yet, I hope they do). The Bible verses were a nice touch too, great to see these incorporated in a story. Well, Tolkien did it himself too, so all credit goes to him at the end. As a believer myself, it is nice to read stories with Biblical ideas in them, as you did excellently in this story.

Overall, as I have said before, I enjoyed this story very much. It really showed you did your research thoroughly. A most excellent story which will be added to my favourites. Hannon le! Thank you for writing it!
Eiladwyn chapter 3 . 2/1/2010
Slightly creepy, but I enjoyed it thoroughly :) You did your research extremely well.
sehellys chapter 3 . 2/11/2007
i certainly enjoyed the story

my compliments on all that research

itr was well-written and had an incredibly detailed plot, i am amazed

keep up writing such great fanfictions
sehellys chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
that was a great first chapter, i cant wait to read the next chapters this is really great

interesting plot, a lot of suspense and action

and i like the way you portray the characters (my favourite characters by the way)

cheers to you, this was great!
Elfinabottle chapter 3 . 1/15/2007
I enjoyed this tremendously. Thank you so much for writing it and sharing it with us. The scene where Glorfindel changed from "concerned captain to mighty warrior" was awesome! It gave me chills. Even a houseless spirit knew not to mess with him.

Your writing is so excellent. I'm looking forward to whatever you do next.
Lillz chapter 3 . 1/15/2007
Oh, but that wee child is heartbreaking! to lose his whole family, poor mite. "to starve in the wilderness if wild animals did not take him, or war, or the illness that had claimed his family." that's tragic :(

What an excellent finale to the story. i thoroughly enjoyed Elrohirs' glimpse into the 'gift of the Secondborn'. that's an interesting thought, that Elrohir may now have a greater insight into his Choice.

the 'footnote' at the bottom is brilliant. i love reading little bits of history like this; i think it fascinating. that about the angels is so aching..

i really, REALLY hope you write another tale. i love your work, it's fantastic! xx
Lillz chapter 2 . 1/15/2007
Oo! the mystery deepens! *loves Nilmandras' tales*

creepy stuff. what could a Shadow want with Elronds' sons? *imagination runs wild* i have a few ideas..

what is it with Elladan? he always comes across as being slightly rude/argumentative. lol!

great stuff, Nil' Oo! and a mini-cliffie! xx
Laurenke1 chapter 3 . 1/15/2007
very nice

thanks for this wonderful story.
Bluebonnet chapter 3 . 1/14/2007
I've admired your stories for a long time, and I was so excited to see that you posted another story after History Lessons the Third Age.

I loved the interaction between the twins and Glorfindel and Erestor. Those parts have always been some of my favorites in your other stories. You write each character so well; all of them have their own unique personalities. Yet, they all still fit comfortably in Tolkien's world.

The whole story was great, but I think one of my favorite parts was seeing the end of your author's note. I'm a born again believer, and I was really excited to see that you included Bible verses or at least Biblical ideas in your story.

Thank you for yet another incredibly enjoyable story! God bless you!

~Bluebonnet
Laurenke1 chapter 2 . 1/8/2007
Nice story.

And cool chapter. I wonder what it is.

Lauren
Elfinabottle chapter 2 . 1/8/2007
Oh, what a place to leave us! I am VERY glad the twins are with such capable warriors.

Can't wait for the next chapter!
Team Sherlock and Watson chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
this has been a great story so far. keep updating, i want to see what happens to my poor ro. *snuggles him to protect him*
Lillz chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
brilliant! I've been meaning to read this for ages, i'm so glad i have! love the storyline- the plot is great! i have to ask- did this plague actually happen, or is it your own imagining? either way it's super!

*shudders* houseless elves? wonderfully creepy!

is there more to this? i really hope so! xx
angelwings6117 chapter 1 . 11/28/2006
Lovely writing and plotline as always. You, more than any other author that I've read on this site, know how to make the reader connect emotionally with the character without being over the top with the drama. But i have to admit i'm a little disappointed that i actually found a typo. xP in your summary, it should be "expEdition." can't wait to read the rest.