Reviews for Shack
Kniga-Sitara chapter 5 . 11/4/2012
ah great! Love this' thanks !
JaneDoh0 chapter 5 . 8/16/2012
This was brilliant! I am glad I saw it after all this time. I love the scales falling off Dumbledore's eyes as he truly sees the Marauders for the first time since they arrived. And yet, he STILL can't stop favoring them over a Slytherin. You portray him as truly ruthless while believing in his own righteousness, which is what makes Dumbledore such a chilling character to me.

I know JKR meant for Dumbledore to be revered as the (slightly) flawed champion of good with Snape as the evil bastard who redeems himself in the end (but can't survive, since his is evil, right?), but I always found Snape to be a petty bastard who is unwavering in doing the right thing when push comes to shove, while Dumbledore hides his prejudiced manipulative self with platitudes and a pleasant demeanor. His favoritism in truth undermines his surface words about unifying the Wizarding world, since he clearly intends to replace one prejudice (blood purity) with another (some Houses are better than others).
Fayari chapter 5 . 7/7/2012
Dumbledore is probably the greatest contributor to evil in the world of Harry Potter. Dumbledore is the reason that Voldemort rose to any sort of power at all. He is also the reason why half the Slytherins in Hogwarts became Death Eaters. He had the greatest good intentions, but he condemned hundreds of people to hell, sent them on the road he paved himself.
8thweasleykid chapter 5 . 8/27/2011
I liked this. It was interesting to see things from Dumbledore's point of view and to see that he regrets his actions concerning the Marauder and why.
PotionPolice chapter 5 . 12/9/2008
I really enjoyed this. I like that you continued it past the incident at the shack. Poor Snape never really stood a chance against a bunch of Gryffindors. Good job!
Angel-o-Darkness chapter 5 . 9/26/2007
ah good story
Kerttu chapter 5 . 9/20/2007
Oh... Oh... OH!

I like this! This explains so beautifully how and why the relationships in HP were established as they were. Very good and insightful piece. *hugs*
ProperT chapter 5 . 7/16/2007
This was really good... Brilliant really. And with the book due in less than a week, I wouldn't be surprised if your last meeting described between Sev and DD were really close to the truth. Anyhoo, just wanted to say Great Story, and I enjoyed it. Hope Sev turns out to be good...
rainfromheaven chapter 3 . 5/24/2007
That last line from James was so ... apt. Perfect. For him.

In James's defense, I think it's quite natural for people to really, really hate somebody beyond reason, as normal as it is for anybody to love someone also beyond understanding. So what if he hates Snape? He hates Snape as much as he hates Voldemort. Snape hates James and hates a lot of other people besides him. I think it's quite unfair for people to judge James unfairly because of his unwavering loyalty to his friends.

Harry said in POA that he didn't think his father would have wanted Peter to die even if he did betray them. I think Harry's got his dad's number. I think James is the type of guy who's trust is difficult to earn, but once somebody has earned it, it his/hers forever. On the other hand, once somebody's crossed him, that person will be on his death list forever. A little narrow-minded, perhaps, but it shows his strong opinion for everything. At least he does not waver in his beliefs (unlike Snape, who I suppose, until that moment before he dies, doesn't know what he's really supposed to do).

Anyway, like I said in my other review, great story! :)
rainfromheaven chapter 5 . 5/24/2007
Whoa!

I've been looking out for this since forever, when I first saw it on FictionAlley. The story only had three chapters then. Goody! Now there's five!

I really love this story because you were able to write each one of them excellently. Especially James and Sirius. Oh, and I also loved that it was written in Dumbledore's POV.

Parsley the Lion chapter 5 . 4/6/2007
I'm sad to see it end, this was a really well written story. Thanks.
wynnleaf chapter 5 . 4/2/2007
A good believable chapter and a very well written story.

Although many fan fic writers assume that Snape had committed murder for Voldemort, JKR, when commenting on Snape's ability to see thestrals, simply said that as a Death Eater he would have *seen* things... It sounds like Snape didn't directly kill anyone in his early days as a DE. So I appreciated your having Snape only confess to having provided dangerous potions, rather than directly killing anyone.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 4/1/2007
Yes, and we all know how Snape was rewarded for helping Dumbledore, don't we? Severus found out just how _valuable_ he was the day that Harry Potter Sorted into Gryffindor. Since I'm one of those who believes Snape was forced into killing Dumbledore, he never did stop being used by everyone.

Albus never learned. Not really.

Good story, though. Thanks!
cecelle chapter 5 . 4/1/2007
I love Snape stepping forward to save Lily, knowing exactly what it will cost him. He's seen through Voldemort's false front, knows that he is simply being used, not valued. It was what Dumbledore did after Snape went to save Lily from a werewolf that pushed Snape towards the Dark Lord, it is Lily and knowing what that Dark Lord is really like that brings him back.

It must have felt good to Severus to hear Albus admitting that he DID make a mistake. I think that more than anything else would convince him that Albus just might be trustworthy after all. And we all know how he answers that question at the end!

Very good ending to a very good story.
duj chapter 5 . 4/1/2007
A different look at Snape's turning to Albus and the beginning of his spying career.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »