Reviews for The Turn of the Tide
TPH chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Loved it!
SubRosa7 chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Wow, what a great story. Such an interesting premise, and beautifully written as always. I love to see an ending where Boromir gets to live, and one where Denethor does is even better. I like to think he would indeed have been wise enough to recognize the return of his son's alive as a King's ransom! Thanks so much for writing.

Susana
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
What an interesting turn of events... I never thought of it that way!

I must be getting repetitive, but WONDERFUL JOB!
duj chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
A Denethor who yielded to Faramir's request might well have been this reasonable.
SongOfRoland chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
I can't believe I only just found this story. I really enjoyed it - your characterizations were spot on.
Kate Swynford chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
A very interesting premise and a great story. Very well-written, but your stories always are. :)
elanor of aquitania chapter 1 . 1/15/2007
Hi Altariel,

I liked this story very much. I was surprised many times because you played with my expectations. This is a very interesting AU story because of it's construction which due to the wording still manages to transport a good Tolkien feeling. The personalities are somewhat weaker than I built them in my mind, but this can be a natural result of AU writing ;-) .

Many thanks for a good fanfiction work.

elanor
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 11/27/2006
-Interesting and thought provoking.
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
A wonderful AU, bleak but slowly turning, like spring from winter, to hope, as Denethor and Eowyn see their loved ones returning from the East.

Denethor is well-drawn here; and it's nice to see an AU where Eowyn was never infatuated with Aragorn.

I do hope that Merry and Pippin survived, though. And I wonder who defeated Shelob - Sam or Faramir, or both together.
Shandris chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
Very interesting and even more surprising! :)
Riana1 chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
brillant is the only word. a twist in the road and the difference it makes.
Deandra chapter 1 . 11/23/2006
Interesting alternate take on things. Well done.

- Deandra
Celebne chapter 1 . 11/23/2006
It's great to read a new story from you, Altariel. It's excellently written.