Reviews for Soldier of Spira Repost
trajik007 chapter 75 . 4/9
No! You have to come back! I need an ending! Amazing story. Now in my favs
Failisse chapter 9 . 7/14/2014
I don't suppose I will ever be able to tell you in enough words just how AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, and UNDENIABLY SPECIAL this fic is in my heart. For a reader like I who is always on the lookout for high quality fics, this one certainly takes the cake for all others I've seen, in ANY fandom. It is perhaps, my most treasured fic that I seem to come back and read time and time again.

I don't know if you still frequent this website, or if you still pay any attention at all to the reviews for this fic, but in case you do I wanted to let you know that this fic is one I really value, not only because of the quality of writing, but the amount of effort and creativity you put into it.

The way you write these characters and make them your own while keeping them true to themselves really awes me like nothing else. I respect you as a writer and as a storyteller and I will not, with any form of language I know, be able to express just how much this fic really speaks to me, as odd as that sounds. I want you to know that I love this fic and that I really hold you in high esteem as a writer.

And I hope, probably beyond hope at this point because there hasn't been any updates in a long while, that you have not forgotten this fic and that you will perhaps soon deem to update it. That is truly one of my biggest wishes at this moment. I'm always in the mood for a good story and when the quality of writing is this high, then all the better. Please...please update this fic. Or...at the very least, please PM me and let me know that you don't plan on continuing it.

I cannot get in contact with you because you took the option to PM you away from your profile. So this is the only way I know...or rather hope, you will see my message. But please do contact me and let me know so that I may have some peace of mind. And again, thank you for writing this incredible fic. Thank you so much!

- Failisse
floatingmangocake chapter 41 . 6/8/2014
"He WAS!"
I must admit I stood up from my chair and shouted "YES!" and the like for about 30 seconds before I realised it was around 2335.
Tikigod784 chapter 76 . 5/10/2014
It's a DAMN shame this fic is dead, because it's excellent, even with the steam of consciousness bits. Very nice work. Your Auron is one of the coolest characters I've read about. Period.
In a perfect world, you'd finish this. However I am still extremely pleased with what I have read, and will come up with my own vague ending of necessary.
Thanks for writing!
WordRover chapter 76 . 4/27/2014
This is excellent. I love the depth you've given the story. I've accepted the back stories you've given the characters as head canon, and it goes with the original game so well that playing it is more fun. It's a pity that it's been seven years since you've updated, and I hope you'll update again someday, if only just to let us know that you haven't died or to show us something else you've worked on. (But seriously, I hope you're okay.)
Lady Evelynn chapter 76 . 4/26/2014
I can't help but praise the depth you have given Spira. You obviously have a clear idea about the world in your story as much detail as you focus on the characters and understand them. You have a beautiful writing style. I was engrossed into your world until the end, always anxious to get to the latest chapter, even though I knew it was incomplete (I never do that!). There's so many times you've lost me with detail and things didn't make sense until brought up again chapters later to reinforce what was said. For instance Auron laughing too much or leaving the beach alone. Beautiful pacing. Cannot help but wonder if you're published and if so I would totally read an original works of yours! The only complaints I have is the minor spelling errors in recent chapters (not so much in past chapters because I think you have been editing them) and Rikku's character development. Unfortunately you are unable to finish the story for some reason and left her character really annoying. I love Rikku but you tore the character open and left her with some huge wounds. And it's hurting Auron, especially the hysteria she has with unsent. I wish you would come back and address those wounds so Rikku can finally start to be on the same page as Auron. But you're pacing it's wonderful and you obviously know what you're doing. Take care old man. FFnet misses you. I suppose the day you update being it's been 7 years, would be the day Catalina does for Sink to the Bottom with You. Lol!
Failisse chapter 2 . 3/26/2014
Couldn't find a PM option on your profile page but, I was wondering, are you still updating this? Or writing at all? Because the last time this story was updated seems to be in 2007 and I was questioning whether this story is on permanent hiatus or not. Could you PM me and let me know whether or not you plan to continue this story? Thanks! :)

- Failisse
ChaosGriffin chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
Shouting words in a vaccum here, I already know that, but I'm writing this more out of a sense of propriety than in hope that this actually garners a response let alone an update.

Some background, I first stumbled upon this sometime in '09 and loved it immensely, still do. The way 'life' was breathed into these characters, the two leads, the main party, the side characters, even a sentient sword that in-game is just an endgame sidequest, is praiseworthy. You've managed to make the whole of Spiran cosmology a cohesive whole from the tidbits in-game and added your own bits that I swear are from canon. The journey feels weighted in the plot instead of just a vehicle for it. The end-game with the war in Heaven would have rocked, and the idea of a 2nd pilgrimage was inspired.

For what it's worth in '13, I already figured being 2 years late ensured this would remain unfinished, and now that it's been six years that seems to be a certainty. However, it is also true that this remains the standard by which all other game-to-fic adaptions are measured, most of which pale in comparison, and disregarding even that distinction Soldier of Spira is still one of the greatest character driven narratives fan-made or commercial that I have ever read. I reread this every now and then to inspire my own charater's voices' taking cues from Sir "Storyteller" Auron when I can.

Lastly, having Rikku write her own fanfic within this story was hilarious and shows you can vary your style enough to read as someone completely differently. I'll leave you with this thought, assuming you are still out there in the world somewhere and check on this occasionally, though I would dearly want more from this (eventually getting an actual conclusion) I will say that the Guns of Spira mini-arc is better than nothing and serves well enough in a thematic sense and that having one epic stalled out forever is worth more than a number of mediocre completed fics or shoddily written published works.

Wishing you the best in life despite your complete disapearance. Always ready for more but content with the contents already given. See you later, maybe.
Failisse chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Already read up to the latest chapter, but since you don't seem to have a way to contact you on your profile page (PM or Email?) I thought I'd leave my message here in hopes that maybe you'd see it. I don't know if you're still working on this fic or whether it has truly been discarded/abandoned, but I want to let you know, for what it's worth, that this truly has been one of the most beautiful pieces of fiction I have ever read. And I say that honestly.

This fic has brought me through so many ups and downs, my emotions have been all over the place. You've actually made me FEEL for these characters. You've made me CONNECT with them. I love how part of this story was about growing up and learning the lessons that are hard and painful, the kind that hurt at first but which make you into a better stronger person. I love how it's partly about living, and how, no matter what one's age is, there are still places, people and situations that can make you feel young and alive again.

I love all the details you put into this story, each and every individual character's pasts. How you express their thoughts, their worries, their emotions. The trauma they've gone through, the battles they've fought both physically and mentally. I love how love and hope wars with duty and obligation. I love standing on the precipice of a character's thoughts and watch as they struggle to make the best decisions that they can. How they become stronger, deeper, and more real. Not just existing as characters but as people full of life.

I really love your story and I hope sincerely, with every piece of my heart, that you finish it. Because it truly is too incredible of a story to let it fade away.

If you do end up reading my review I hope you will contact me and let me know where you stand with this story. Whether you'll be finishing it or not, I'd like to know either way. You can contact me using a PM, or you can write to me at the email address below (just take out the spaces). Whatever suits you. I eagerly await your reply.

tokyo _ serenity comcast . net
Failisse chapter 76 . 10/2/2013
This is an AMAZING story. Full of intrigue, turmoil, danger, twists and turns, lessons, humor, life, and love. You really put a lot of thought and effort into this I really love what you have created. I am really hoping for a happy ending for the two of them, because they seriously deserve it. Especially after all the shit they've been up against and had to get through. So yeah, I'm rooting for a REALLY happy ending for them. ;-)

In any case, I just wanted to let you know that your story has really touched me. I was able to connect with the characters and the background of their lives, which was amazing in itself and how you managed to create those really detailed backstories has me awed.

I can't wait for the next chapter, so please update soon!
juna0217 chapter 76 . 6/14/2013
No more :( its really good. I hope you'll decide to continue
FightAgainstHer chapter 76 . 5/11/2013
I have read this story (read: amazing novel) multiple times; up to the point that when I play back through FFX I can see a lot of your characterization and plot behind all of it (it's a shame the developers didn't think of it, it's so good). I truly hope that one day you will complete this amazing story, and tell all of us more about the War in Heaven, Auron, and Rikku, and what happens with the crest and sword, or whatever else you had planned for this amazing piece of work.
FightAgainstHer
Valthanos chapter 63 . 4/13/2013
I certinally agree with all the previous reviewers, this is one of the greatest stories i have ever read (fanfiction or otherwise) and truly hope you end up finishing it one day.
CupofTeaforAliceandHatter chapter 76 . 12/10/2012
It's a shame that this hasn't been updated in a long time. It's a great story. I hope someday you decided it's worth finishing.
ultraviolet.cosmic chapter 1 . 9/28/2012